• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Chitown B

I know. Bethesda admitted that they have already ported it to the Xbox One as a test. Furthermore, they have other teams that could finish the job and port it to both systems. It would not detract from the next Elder Scrolls.

At any rate, to think that remastering Skyrim is a bad idea after how successful all of these remasters have been is nuts. It is amazing that they have not done it already. But who knows if they will? It would certainly be a success if they did, though.

a port isn't a remaster. a remaster is like Gears Ultimate Edition. I don't think I've head of them doing all that work.

RowdyReverb

I wish Microsoft would talk more open about upcoming games.

This "soon" etc doesnt help when we have this leaks in between...

I hope we will get a meaty bunch of games this month.
That trickle hype. Seriously though, imagine how dead this thread would be if they just announced everything in the works with dates

ironcreed

Banned

Chitown B

They just said that they ported it to Xbox One while developing Fallout 4 as a test.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-ported-skyrim-to-xbox-one-but-only-as-a-t/1100-6431961/

But even if they did a remaster, another team could handle most of it and it would sell like hotcakes. It would take nothing away from you.

I really don't think it would sell as much as you think it would. It's not as broad a game as Gears and even that with 2006 nostalgia only sold 2 million copies - and that's with online multiplayer. Skyrim probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. But maybe you'd be right.

ironcreed

Banned
I really don't think it would sell as much as you think it would. It's not as broad a game as Gears and even that with 2006 nostalgia only sold 2 million copies - and that's with online multiplayer. Skyrim probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. But maybe you'd be right.

Skyrim and TES in general is huge and people still play the hell out of all the games. Of course it would sell again. But if they never do it, then I will be more than happy with just getting it on BC.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Playing Mirror's Edge via BC and I forgot how special this game is. Nothing else like it. I actually appreciate it more now than I did 8 years ago. Stands the test of time like few games.

Seems to run really well too.

im_dany

a port isn't a remaster. a remaster is like Gears Ultimate Edition. I don't think I've head of them doing all that work.

A remaster is actually more like a port, except with higher resolution and/or framerate.

Gears UE is a full remake just like Halo 1/2 Anniversary of Fable Anniversary, they're not the same as Dishonored or TLOU portings.

Fox Mulder

Played Crazy Taxi with my S/O and son the last two nights! Really happy Microsoft decided to do backwards compatibility. It's a great way to squeeze some 360 sales when the platform itself is dead.

A shame the xbla version gutted the iconic soundtrack while the mobile version got it intact.

shanafan

if you're an adult gamer with a job, there's not even enough time to play all the great brand new games coming out let alone replay 200 hours of a game you already put 200 into. Come on.!

It's tough. That's why Call of Duty and WWE are basically the only games I play now because they are so pick up and play.

The last adventure game that I beat was Arkham Origins, and Assassin's Creed III before then. I want to continue the AC series chronologically, but just the time isn't there.

A lawsuit... LOL
Come on.

A lawsuit on ms end not mine you people sure can't read if your gonna quote me at least look what I was quoting. The guy said the game didn't need to be approved to be play tested that MS was just play testing it to get it ready without approval. I stated again if you people would read there is no chance in hell ms would touch rdr if it wasn't approved let alone let it be tested it online.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
A lawsuit on ms end not mine you people sure can't read if your gonna quote me at least look what I was quoting. The guy said the game didn't need to be approved to be play tested that MS was just play testing it to get it ready without approval. I stated again if you people would read there is no chance in hell ms would touch rdr if it wasn't approved let alone let it be tested it online.

Bro, clearly English is your second language. While it's amazing that you know two or more languages, please understand that your grasp of English isn't as firm as you seem to think. Slow down, take your time, and carefully re-frame what you're trying to say. It is not anybody else's fault if they can't understand what you're trying to say.

For your learning purposes:
A lawsuit on Microsoft's end, not mine. You people sure can't read. If you're going to quote me, at least look at what I was quoting. The guy said the game didn't need to be approved to be play tested and that Microsoft was just play testing it to get it ready without approval. I stated again - if you people would read - there is no chance in hell Microsoft would touch Red Dead Redemption if it wasn't approved, let alone allow it to be tested online.

While there is likely an error or two above, it's likely easily understood by everybody. Taking a bit of time and formatting your posts a bit more cohesively would probably help alleviate any confusion you believe others are having in response to your posts, as well as the obvious frustration you're feeling.

charmed699

Neo Member
Free copy of Alan Wake's American Nightmare for anyone that pre-orders Quantum Break on the Xbox store. Hopefully it means that the game will be playable again soon.

I got to finish it before it got blocked and really pleased with the performance of the game. Only a few frame rate hiccups on some of the cut scenes. Was nice to play through the game again.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Free copy of Alan Wake's American Nightmare for anyone that pre-orders Quantum Break on the Xbox store. Hopefully it means that the game will be playable again soon.

I got to finish it before it got blocked and really pleased with the performance of the game. Only a few frame rate hiccups on some of the cut scenes. Was nice to play through the game again.

Oh great! I hope they distribute the codes for that one before the release of QB.

Should I finish Alan Wake prior to playing American Nightmare?

charmed699

Neo Member
Because of the story?

What happens in American Nightmare makes more sense if you play through Alan Wake first.

Seems like you might be in luck though. A paragraph at the bottom of the Quantum Break Xbox store product page mentions a free copy of Alan Wake. Wording makes it seem like it will come with every digital copy of Quantum Break and it won't be necessary to pre-order. It even includes the two story focused add-ons.

Guess Alan Wake should be playable on Xbox One in the near future.

im_dany

Mine still worked a few hours ago though. RDR and L4D2 didn't.

(talking about online, didn't try going offline as I was downloading)

My Xbox has been offline since the first been reporting that they're patching RDR. Blocked it at router level, no one is taking my access to RDR.

shanafan

Quantum Break Xbox One bundle coming. Includes digital version of Alan Wake.

So, Alan Wake is confirmed to be BC.

Ca8JrMRUEAAYzqM.jpg

Quantum Break Xbox One bundle coming. Includes digital version of Alan Wake.

So, Alan Wake is confirmed to be BC.

Ca8JrMRUEAAYzqM.jpg

So holding games back for bundles,pre-orders confirmed.

Edit

Damnit now it's setting in that crackdown will probably be part of a bundle or pre-order bonus...this makes me sad

i *think* i own trials HD so yay?

Let me check

edit: yup, seems i mustve bought it at some point. I guess I can finally finish it now

Please reconnect to Xbox Live

Is what I get when I pull the ethernet cable and try to start it.
you stayed online and it downloaded an update. now, you can't play until the official release of the game happens

Alx

Well yeah, that's why I said it was a pisstake move by MS.

The game (BC) wasn't supposed to be available yet. People found a loophole to get it early, but you can't blame MS for closing it. Tests and release dates exist for a reason.

Looking at all these twitter comments Microsoft should have never mentioned bioshock, skate 3 and black ops it's done more harm then good.

To be fair, even if they came out with those 3 games today they would get ripped for not adding something else.

But yeah, they could've saved themselves some grief. I picked up BLOPS1 for $10 over the holidays and am now patiently waiting for it to come to BC

To be fair, even if they came out with those 3 games today they would get ripped for not adding something else.

But yeah, they could've saved themselves some grief. I picked up BLOPS1 for $10 over the holidays and am now patiently waiting for it to come to BC

This is true I've even bitched about bc but Jesus I thought the hate and whining was mainly gaf seems not to be the case. This new batch has 3 games I'll play so I guess it's all about preference. At this point no need to bitch about it, it is what it is.

Top Bottom