• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

DSmalls84

Looking at all these twitter comments Microsoft should have never mentioned bioshock, skate 3 and black ops it's done more harm then good.

Mentioning them is one thing, but then putting them on sale for dirt cheap almost immediately after the announcement Is another. Seems like a pretty strong signal that they will be available soon. I can definitely understand why people are getting frustrated, as I'm getting a little impatient myself lol.

Boston

Me waiting on Blops1 to hit BC...

skeleton-computer.jpg

amdb00mer

Can that still be bought digitally?

No, but if you already own it you can redownload it on your X360. Capcom no longer has the Marvel license. The only way to get UMvsC3 or any other Marvel games is to renew the license. If Disney is asking too much, then it's a no go.

Yes we do.

Yeah, I do.
well, i don't see how it would be as enjoyable if you're used to the lack of input lag on the 360 versus the noticeable input lag that BC games have suffered so far.

But if you just want to have some sort of access to it on the XB1 then i can understand.

So, how much input lag does it suffer?

well, we can start with the long list of 360 BC games that have zero input lag on the XB1, I'll let you put the first entry:

well, we can start with the long list of 360 BC games that have zero input lag on the XB1, I'll let you put the first entry:

You bring it up so often that I thought you might have something concrete to share. In any case, not everyone finds it an issue if they even notice it at all. Certainly, serious players who care aren't going to be waiting around for a BC version.

You bring it up so often that I thought you might have something concrete to share.

no, i've just noticed it on every game i've played. It breaks geometry wars and just about any online competitive game as the input lag puts one at a disadvantage versus those on the 360 who aren't overcoming the same issues. Markman recently confirmed that TTT2, which leaked like some other games did, also had noticeable input lag

If you want to play UMVC3 online, you don't want input lag. Hell, you shouldn't want input lag period but there are games where it isn't quite as impactful. I managed to overcome it to finish the campaign of Super Meat Boy but it was there, too

if they dont iron it out to make it damn near imperceptible, you see people shit all over it as soon as a COD game comes out.
Has Digital Foundry done an objective input-lag test yet?

All I know is that they said on Gears 3 that input lag was quite negligible, and that's a title with a worse framerate, so...

Every gears 3 player will tell you that it feels off. They've improved it a little bit but it still doesnt feel quite right compared to the 360 version

Has Digital Foundry done an objective input-lag test yet?

All I know is that they said on Gears 3 that input lag was quite negligible, and that's a title with a worse framerate, so...

If I had a 240fps camera I'd test the lag myself.

Sweet. I have AWAN on PC, so it's kind of redundant for me to download the 360 version, but what the hell I own that one too. I love both Alan Wake games.

The number one title I want is Dead Rising 2: Case 0.

So one of the leaked ones is now official out... hopefully Red Dead, TTK2 and L4D soon too.

no, i've just noticed it on every game i've played. It breaks geometry wars and just about any online competitive game as the input lag puts one at a disadvantage versus those on the 360 who aren't overcoming the same issues. Markman recently confirmed that TTT2, which leaked like some other games did, also had noticeable input lag

If you want to play UMVC3 online, you don't want input lag. Hell, you shouldn't want input lag period but there are games where it isn't quite as impactful. I managed to overcome it to finish the campaign of Super Meat Boy but it was there, too

if they dont iron it out to make it damn near imperceptible, you see people shit all over it as soon as a COD game comes out.

I agree that it can be an issue with games that demand and reward precise timing for execution, so I'm sure everyone hopes that there's some improvement there, but it sure would be nice to get down to actual documented cases with hard numbers already in addition to framerate analyses.

I agree that it can be an issue with games that demand and reward precise timing for execution, so I'm sure everyone hopes that there's some improvement there, but it sure would be nice to get down to actual documented cases with hard numbers already in addition to framerate analyses.

I agree, but i think since there hasn't been enough of a stink made about it no one is even bothering. Which is kinda why im looking forward to the COD games hitting, because people who are into those games usually dump hundreds of hours into them and can play on reflex, which means that if there's any input lag they're definitely going to notice it

fantomena

Where the fuck are Halo Wars and Crackdown games?

Thsoe are seriously the only one that interests me and all of them are first party titles.

Where the fuck are Halo Wars and Crackdown games?

Thsoe are seriously the only one that interests me and all of them are first party titles.

Going by Alan wake being a throw in with qb it's safe to say crackdown 1 and 2 will be bundled with crackdown 3. Or one is a pre-order bonus like American nightmare

Fox Mulder

People get mad when MS doesn't announce more games added to BC.

People get mad when MS announces games added to BC.

Maybe it has to do with how none of the hyped leaked or rumored games have appeared yet. People voted for CoD or RDR. Stuff like Burnout Paradise has been teased since the beginning. We got glimpses at l4d2 and RDR only to be ripped away.

TTT2 Seems flawless to me, no noticeable input lag at all.

I agree. I love playing Tekken games on Ultra Hard. I played through the game and beat it a few times. I did not see any input lag. If there was it was not enough to throw me off my game.

i haven't played it, i was going off of Markman's impressions.

After playing it more and with an arcade stick, there is definitely noticeable lag :(

which given his pedigree im more inclined to believe. No offense

bigdog

Neo Member
you guys think they're waiting for scalebound to come out to make bayonetta compatible? this is frustrating b/c I wanna play and beat bayonetta before all the heavy hitter games come out next month and april

AW:AN is stuttering all over the place for me. Any ideas?

This happened to me too.

Buuuuuuut I was downloading 70+ Rock Band 4 songs at the same time, and once that finished the game ran almost perfectly. Occasional stutters on certain transitions (saving related I think) but not one problem during gameplay.

I didn't try turning off Vsync in game to see what happened there. The VM is always vsynced usually right? So I wonder if turning off vsync in AWAN will essentially give you triple buffering.

The input lag is there (I've played this game a lot) but it's a game where it's not a major issue. I forgot how clean this game looked with it's combination of MSAA and FXAA. Even scaled up from non native 720p it holds up pretty nicely. It's a shame Alan Wake never got that added.

amdb00mer

i haven't played it, i was going off of Markman's impressions.

which given his pedigree im more inclined to believe. No offense

No offense taken. Keep in mind though he is also using a 3rd party arcade stick as well. Hopefully it is an officially licensed X1 arcade stick and not a 360 one via an adapter, i.e. Cronusmax.

Top Bottom