• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

dpunk3

Only reason I wanted BC was for Reach, since that isn't on the MCC. After I found out they butchered the graphics to port it I was more than a little upset. I could notice it in game, so it's kinda bad.

Only reason I wanted BC was for Reach, since that isn't on the MCC. After I found out they butchered the graphics to port it I was more than a little upset. I could notice it in game, so it's kinda bad.

Butchered the graphics? The emulator wouldn't be able to do that. All I noticed was the textures take quite a long time to load their full res, which I'm assuming is xbox one HDD being slow.

TheKeyPit

Banned

Bizzquik

Galaga has been added today.

Looks like Dark Souls is coming soon. It's a pre-order bonus for Dark Souls 3

Does Major Nelson still work at Microsoft? LoL

It feels like these Backward Compatible games are being released with no fanfare; they just appear.
Granted, Skate 4 is a leak, and Red Dead: Redemption was an accident....but I would think Microsoft would want to get out in front of these BC releases rather than let the internet find out on its own.

speedomodel

Does Major Nelson still work at Microsoft? LoL

It feels like these Backward Compatible games are being released with no fanfare; they just appear.
Granted, Skate 4 is a leak, and Red Dead: Redemption was an accident....but I would think Microsoft would want to get out in front of these BC releases rather than let the internet find out on its own.

The first post you quoted is literally Major Nelson saying it's available...

DedValve

Banned
I am like SO excited for Dark Souls.

Gonna be amazing to replay that and finally play the DLC and take things much slower.

Hoping to also see Resident Evil 5 show up there, assuming its not getting a remaster. Game was dope as hell.

Been playing Condemned on BC. Really suprised how well it runs. Not sure if its my eye sight or not but im sure it looks better than it does on 360 hardware.

Chobel

Looks like Dark Souls is coming to BC very soon

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved-Images_EvASoa9.jpg

From here http://rectifygaming.com/dark-souls-3-is/

EDIT: Beaten.

Caved at the weekend and bought a replacement 360 to play Skate 3. This is now the point where Skate 3 shows up in my Xbox One library.

This will be pretty cool since it was GWG and I haven't played it yet.

I envy you it is my favorite game of all time. Stick with it and prepare to die. Will this work with my disc copy? I read the OP, but am still unclear. Not up to date with BC.

Edit: According to xbox.com the answer seems to be yes for anyone else wondering.

SlickVic

I keep waiting to hear when Tekken Tag 2 will officially be up. Was hoping the SFV release would add some motivation to get some 360 fighting games on BC but I suppose the 2 aren't really related.

has anyone tried mass effect recently? i tried right when bc was announced after E3 and it ran really poorly, but it was still a beta then so is it any better?

Ein Bear

has anyone tried mass effect recently? i tried right when bc was announced after E3 and it ran really poorly, but it was still a beta then so is it any better?

I believe they've patched it a couple of times since the beta to improve things a bit. To be honest though, the game ran so terribly on 360 and runs so terribly on Xbone that it's hard for me to tell which system is technically doing a better job. It's a bit of a technical mess regardless.

I believe they've patched it a couple of times since the beta to improve things a bit. To be honest though, the game ran so terribly on 360 and runs so terribly on Xbone that it's hard for me to tell which system is technically doing a better job. It's a bit of a technical mess regardless.

oh, well one patch is better than what it was before so maybe i'll try it out again!

-hadouken

MCC doesn't replace the original featureset of the original discs 1:1. Some of these seem picky, but that's how it is.

I can't go back to the 30fps versions of these games now - 60fps response and playability is greatly enhanced in the MCC - love that disc.

farcryfan

Neo Member
With tons of lobbys running any hacks... yay

I play black ops on xbox 360 almost every day and i dont see many hacked lobbies. only about 1% - 2% of matches are hacked. BO is by far the best call of duty, and it will be a very popular BC game. when black ops gets released it will be one of the most played BC games on xbox one. 18000 will go to 30000 - 40000 no problem.

I play black ops on xbox 360 almost every day and i dont see many hacked lobbies. only about 1% - 2% of matches are hacked. BO is by far the best call of duty, and it will be a very popular BC game. when black ops gets released it will be one the most played BC games on xbox one. 18000 will go to 30000 - 40000 no problem.

i mean probably a lot of this CoD kids still have a 360 laying around why not play there? BC needs other games than just another CoD. Sometimes it sounds like that this people screaming for CoD all day expect that the game will play like a remaster or something.

RDR is "unique" and not really available on this gen of consoles so far. So i would prefer that Microsoft focused on this.

I dont own a 360 anymore. But if i want to play CoD, there are already 3 games out this gen with another one coming this year.
I loved BO1 too, but im really not interested anymore. When i played it years ago on 360 for the last time most of my lobbys had some douchebag hacker in it.
Only CoD i would love to have back is WaW but this is even worse in terms of hackers etc.

And who knows how this will run with BC. People will complain about "lag" and framerate and whatever... they dont understant the issues this BC stuff has.

I was really excited for blops1 but now I own 3 and really like it. At least people who don't like 3 have the option to play one of the best COD's.

i mean probably a lot of this CoD kids still have a 360 laying around why not play there? BC needs other games than just another CoD. Sometimes it sounds like that this people screaming for CoD all day expect that the game will play like a remaster or something.

RDR is "unique" and not really available on this gen of consoles so far. So i would prefer that Microsoft focused on this.

I dont own a 360 anymore. But if i want to play CoD, there are already 3 games out this gen with another one coming this year.
I loved BO1 too, but im really not interested anymore. When i played it years ago on 360 for the last time most of my lobbys had some douchebag hacker in it.
Only CoD i would love to have back is WaW but this is even worse in terms of hackers etc.

And who knows how this will run with BC. People will complain about "lag" and framerate and whatever... they dont understant the issues this BC stuff has.

Black ops was one of the most requested games. Also those three COD games play nothing like the original Black ops.

Also I'm sure MS are capable of focusing on more than one game. RDR is clearly in the testing phase and a big game like that needs to be tested more than something like Black ops.

Black ops was one of the most requested games. Also those three COD games play nothing like the original Black ops.

Also I'm sure MS are capable of focusing on more than one game. RDR is clearly in the testing phase and a big game like that needs to be tested more than something like Black ops.

Which is sad to me. Sure the new games play nothing like the old ones. But through BC the game wont play the same like on 360.

And RDR already leaked. I still have it installed. But i cant play that online.

From what ive played from RDR, it already runs really great. Sure some things were still iffy but for the most part it was great.

Oh and i think that we will see Crackdown through BC with Crackdown 3 this summer. I mean they only want to release the PvP MP part of Crackdown 3 this year, so it would make sense to give people Crackdown 1/2 to get the Campaign "fix" until the full game 2017.

Which is sad to me. Sure the new games play nothing like the old ones. But through BC the game wont play the same like on 360.

And RDR already leaked. I still have it installed. But i cant play that online.

From what ive played from RDR, it already runs really great. Sure some things were still iffy but for the most part it was great.

Why is it sad? Why does it bother you that other people get a game they want to play?

I don't like COD, but I don't really care. Great for people who do like it though. Not going to whine though when MS are making games BC and they not making the ones I want. Red Dead will come.

Chris1

4 titles were added just 5 days ago. Galaga right after that.
The point he's making is we have gone 16 games in first month, 10 in second month and now 5 in the third month (assuming no games get added in the next two days). Quite a big drop.

How many games are we looking at over the next month at this rate? 1? 2?

TheKeyPit

Banned
The point he's making is we have gone 16 games in first month, 10 in second month and now 5 in the third month (assuming no games get added in the next two days). Quite a big drop.

How many games are we looking at over the next month at this rate? 1? 2?

2 1/2 (Two AAA games, One Arcade game)
/s

Ristifer

About Deus Ex Missing Link DLC. Just read this on reddit.

"It's up, and ready to install for owners. (UK player here, YMMV). It's downloading as I type this!"
Still not working for me, but I'm in Canada, so yeah. Damn. I just want the Director's Cut to work!

Top Bottom