• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Think someone forgot to tell MS there's no holidays or game conventions this week

So in past 4 weeks all we have gotten is some Walking Dead games that were already on XB1. They must be putting a lot of effort/focus into OG games? Otherwise idk what's the deal

Alx

Think someone forgot to tell MS there's no holidays or game conventions this week

So in past 4 weeks all we have gotten is some Walking Dead games that were already on XB1. They must be putting a lot of effort/focus into OG games? Otherwise idk what's the deal

They're obviously working on BC for kinect games. :p
seriously, that would be the best announcement ever

YoshiMax

Instead of splurging a load of titles occasionally I'd rather 1 or 2 a week in a steady stream. This build up to disappointment sucks.

I love my Xbox One but the lack of releases both back compat and original have meant I'm playing more PS4 at this point :(

Seriously guys, we know you read this, throw us a bone or at least a tweet letting us know you've still got some cool games coming..

G0523

image.php

CRZYSPZ

I actually don't really care about OG games now. Would love for the 360 list to expand.

I mean publishers with commitment on the platform (EA, Ubisoft) have a lot of stuff out there still. Stuff like the last two Medal of Honor games seem like no brainers to me, shocked we're still waiting on these.

Publishers probably don't want to rush getting all their games BC since that'd completely destroy the demand for their titles, while also limiting how much each of their titles would sell if they brought them back in large lumps (one title of theirs released periodically might sell better than releasing a few of theirs together at the same time, since it's more focused less titles).

Not to mention the fact there are a lot of other big titles coming. Hell, we're suppose to be getting the Halo games soon (that's 4 games in the works). Then also add the fact we don't have Crackdown 1&2, Fable Anniversary, VP: PA, etc.

Their BC release priority isn't so apparent, but I think it's safe to assume a lot of the games we're waiting on are in the works.

Jawmuncher

ATM the biggest BC omission on the EA side is Army of Two: Devils Cartel. Just because they gave that away free awhile back.

I'm "blaming" OG Xbox support.

Hopefully the OG Xbox support launch is a nice amount of games. I'll be sad if said resources took so much time and we get Crimson Skies, Fuzion Frenzy, and nothing else.

As I said before, I think most of us would be very understanding if they simply said 'Hey, FYI - there will be no new 360 BC releases for the next few weeks as the team puts the finishing touches on OG BC. More news soon.'
Ya that's kinda where I'm at. When you get in the office at 7 or 8am you should know if you're releasing anything that day. Bill Stilwell could go on twitter and just say "stay tuned for BC announcement at 12PM!" Or "nothing today folks, still working hard on games in the pipeline!".

The whole wait til noon to find out what MS already has known for days is pretty tiring at this point when a two second tweet the morning of could build suspense for releases at noon, or inform everyone to maybe tune in Thursday

Backlogger

Ya that's kinda where I'm at. When you get in the office at 7 or 8am you should know if you're releasing anything that day. Bill Stilwell could go on twitter and just say "stay tuned for BC announcement at 12PM!" Or "nothing today folks, still working hard on games in the pipeline!".

The whole wait til noon to find out what MS already has known for days is pretty tiring at this point when a two second tweet the morning of could build suspense for releases at noon, or inform everyone to maybe tune in Thursday

But that just moves the disappointment time back a few hours or whatever. People would then be disappointed at Stilwell when he doesn't tweet or tweets "No announcements today"

What they SHOULD do is occasionally announce something outside of the normal Tuesday/Thursday 9am PST so that we are constantly in state of anticipation and don't have time for disappointment

Halo games they told us were coming before the end of this year. Also OG Xbox and compatability testing with XBX.

horkrux

So you want them to announce the announcement? lol
We would just be waiting anxiously for that announcement or the lack thereof instead and nothing would be different, except for the time of day

So you want them to announce the announcement? lol
We would just be waiting anxiously for that announcement or the lack thereof instead and nothing would be different, except for the time of day
You'd at least be awaiting to see what the ACTUAL GAMES are compared to waiting until noon and just see Larry tweet about Minecaft controllers.

Maybe it's just me, but this whole noon maybe maybe not thing is getting old

But that just moves the disappointment time back a few hours or whatever. People would then be disappointed at Stilwell when he doesn't tweet or tweets "No announcements today"

What they SHOULD do is occasionally announce something outside of the normal Tuesday/Thursday 9am PST so that we are constantly in state of anticipation and don't have time for disappointment
Ya that would probably be better too. Must be a reason they do it on Tuesday and Thursday though?

Flagship

I would LOVE the Yourshape: Fitness Evolved games to be backwards compatible as that's pretty much the main reason I still keep my 360/kinect hooked up still. I would love to be able to play a game like this on the newer Kinect camera.

I know Shape Up for Xbox One uses much of the same tech with the newer Kinect, but the 'casual gamer' aesthetic seems a bit too much/in your face to use as a daily driver. If anyone has played it here, do let me know your thoughts on it.

Gutted we don't have news today, but Thursday is upon us, hopefully we'll get a truckload of new titles :p

Champloo4

You'd at least be awaiting to see what the ACTUAL GAMES are compared to waiting until noon and just see Larry tweet about Minecaft controllers.

Maybe it's just me, but this whole noon maybe maybe not thing is getting old

Ya that would probably be better too. Must be a reason they do it on Tuesday and Thursday though?

I agree 100% with this. They should just get out front of each week and manage our expectations. "Big BC news this week!" or "Nothing new, but we are working on X many titles! Stay tuned!"

Sadly, I am starting to believe it is nearing its end.

muzzymate

Must be a reason they do it on Tuesday and Thursday though?

When Bill Stillwell asked about why Tuesday and Thursday are the normal announcement days - https://twitter.com/wcstillwell/status/829404657046794240
It is how we optimized publishing tasks. Mon/Fri are bad days work-wise for that stuff. And Wed ends up redundant. Mon - teams need to work over the weekend. Fri - if there are issues, teams need to come in over the weekend. We'll do it if requested by the publisher. But most want us to release during the week as well for the same reasons.

Severianb

Damn, I would love that. The Kinect 2 is infinitely superior hardware to Kinect 1, but because of Microsoft's shameful abandonment, it never got much software support. Kinect 1, on the other hand, has a lot of software to pick from.

It probably close to technically impossible...... but that's what people said about 360 BC!

CRZYSPZ

Sadly, I am starting to believe it is nearing its end.

People have been saying this since the program started, I thought we would've learned by now?

Support has been really strong this year so far. With this not being our first BC drought, I don't see why people are acting all "doom and gloom" about the program.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Booted up my old 360 to see what I was missing. Surprisingly little. Alpha Protocol, sadly...that game needs another playthrough!

I'm not here to post worthless wishlists, though. I was genuinely surprised how much of my library has been adapted. Pretty happy. Can always be better, but I'm a happy feller.

rmatheso

Well, I still haven's finished Arkham Origins, Metal Gear Rising, Lost Odyssey, Dead Space 2 & 3 and Tomb Raider Underworld.... soo... I guess I can get over the lack of releases for now...

Backlogger

Well, I still haven's finished Arkham Origins, Metal Gear Rising, Lost Odyssey, Dead Space 2 & 3 and Tomb Raider Underworld.... soo... I guess I can get over the lack of releases for now...

Lets face it, I don't even play the games. For me its all about seeing that "Ready to Install" number go up.

Lucifon

If felt like Microsoft had such momentum going with BC. There were big hitters every month or two and anecdotally I was seeing tons of people impressed and talking about buying an XB1 largely because of it. Blops2 even hit crazy numbers.

But if seems like they hit a wall and everything slowed down. Releases are getting rarer and the quality of those releases has dropped dramatically. I hope they can pick things back up again, there's still a lot of games on the requested list missing.

If felt like Microsoft had such momentum going with BC. There were big hitters every month or two and anecdotally I was seeing tons of people impressed and talking about buying an XB1 largely because of it. Blops2 even hit crazy numbers.

But if seems like they hit a wall and everything slowed down. Releases are getting rarer and the quality of those releases has dropped dramatically. I hope they can pick things back up again, there's still a lot of games on the requested list missing.

I have my reservations. I don't think we will see as many releases anymore.

W.S.

Really sucks that BC has been dry the past couple of weeks on top of the exclusives drought but in the meantime definitely keep voting for the games you want and get friends to vote as well.

Action RPG's:

Fable Anniversary
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Alpha Protocol
Dragon Age 2

JRPG's:

Tales of Vesperia
Eternal Sonata
Resonance of Fate
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Nier
Final Fantasy 13-2
Lightning Returns FFXIII
Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Hack & Slash/Adventure:

Ninja Gaiden II
Ninety-Nine Nights
Ninety-Nine Nights II

Fighters:

Street Fighter III: Online Edition
Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat 9
Soul Calibur V
Guilty Gear XX ACore Plus
Darkstalkers Resurrection
King of Fighters XIII

Stealth:

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3: HD Edition
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Mark of the Ninja
Sniper Elite V2

Racers:

Blur
Split/Second
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Has Banjo & Kazooie in it!)
Ridge Racer: Unbounded

Action Adventure:

Abyss Odyssey
Ninja Blade
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Asura's Wrath
Prince of Persia (2008)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Red Faction Guerilla
Sonic Generations
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD
The Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-Man: Edge of Time

Shooters:

Binary Domain
Fuse
Crysis
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Singularity
The Darkness
The Darkness II
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Army of Two The Devil's Cartel

Flight Simulation:

Project Sylpheed
Ace Combat 6

Puzzle/Platformer:

Dustforce
Warp

Twin Stick Shooters:

Renegade Ops

Shmups:

Akai Katana
Raiden Fighters Aces
Deathsmiles
Deathsmiles 2X

Tower Defense:

Sanctum 2
Dungeon Defenders
Rock of Ages

Really sucks that BC has been dry the past couple of weeks on top of the exclusives drought but in the meantime definitely keep voting for the games you want and get friends to vote as well.

It's this years second drought of releases, looked like we were back on track and yet here we are. I predict no releases this month now, then Halo games.

CRZYSPZ

It's this years second drought of releases, looked like we were back on track and yet here we are. I predict no releases this month now, then Halo games.

With Halo 3's anniversary being this month, I'm under the assumption they'll release all 4 (or 6 if OG BC is going at that point) that week, kind of a celebration of sorts.

I wonder if we're reaching the breaking point of BC. Eventually they're going to run out of possible games. The list is already big enough for me, i don't find myself looking for any games that aren't on the list.

Edit: Nevermind, Nier would be absolutely killer lol

knerl

Said it so many times and I'll do it again. Ninja Gaiden 2. Give it the same treatment as Red Dead Redemption and we might get rid of the slow down of game speed when it became too heavy for the original hardware.

Out of curiosity. Does Perfect Dark Zero run better than on the 360 now? Like how they fixed both Red Dead and Halo Reach to outperform the originals.

Top Bottom