• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Backlogger

If a game was delisted from the x360 marketplace, does that mean that is never going to be part of the BC program?

I would say highly unlikely. If it is delisted that means there is probably an issue with licensing or publishing rights.

There have been some games that were made BC before being delisted, most notably Caslte of Illusion. That one actually came back to the market though.

Gestault

Re: Battlefield 3

So with a save loaded from my cloud profile, I'm having a persistent crash-to-dash on The Great Destroyer, after the train crash and I think just before you leave the sewers on Hard. Anyone else running into anything like this? It's possible it's a quirk of my save, but I'm sort of doubting that.

I reported the issue through the beta app (I'm in the dashboard beta, which is likely related).

TheKeyPit

Banned
Re: Battlefield 3

So with a save loaded from my cloud profile, I'm having a persistent crash-to-dash on The Great Destroyer, after the train crash and I think just before you leave the sewers on Hard. Anyone else running into anything like this? It's possible it's a quirk of my save, but I'm sort of doubting that.

I reported the issue through the beta app (I'm in the dashboard beta, which is likely related).
The third mission?

Edit: Reviews on the Microsoft store show that you're not the only one.

Figments

Why is it that for the majority of BF3 servers, I get a "Failed to join" error? My NAT is open, and my connection to the servers is great.

What the fuck.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Ravi_elite

Banned
just give me this and we will be square
200127b.jpg

Figments

Did you download the multiplayer update?

I did when I first redownloaded it a few days ago. Still didn't work, but it looks like whatever issues I had may be the result of a corrupted save. It's working now.

Just wish the DLC maps didn't have insane graphical errors, like blue ground or missing textures.

So, bets on tonight? Nothing, Virtua Striker, the remaining Konami XBLA titles that don't have a license or a wildcard disc based game that has a digital version on the store?

Infinite Undiscovery needs to be BC

everyone hated on the game back then, but i really enjoyed it, underrated battle system and the MC was a lovable idiot/pervert

Zeta Oni

The xbox version of zoe 2 is complete turd without the hexadrive magic patch.

Yes, I'm quite aware, but I believe the power difference in going from the 360 to the One can brute force through a lot of the issues with the framerates performance, meanwhile the forced V-sync will also help.

Not to mention the free x16 AF when the One X arrives.

It might not beat the patched PS3 version, but it certainly won't hurt.

CRZYSPZ

Nice. Normally he does not answer these questions, or at least not that often.

I think that's usually because people ask about third party games.

Plus, MS did announce at Gamescom 2015 that Fable, Crackdown, Halo, etc would 100% support the backward compatibility program, so it really shouldn't be such a surprise, honestly.

Gitaroo

Yes, I'm quite aware, but I believe the power difference in going from the 360 to the One can brute force through a lot of the issues with the framerates performance, meanwhile the forced V-sync will also help.

Not to mention the free x16 AF when the One X arrives.

It might not beat the patched PS3 version, but it certainly won't hurt.

The issue is not just the performance irc, missing effects, hud got stretch etc etc.

amdb00mer

I think that's usually because people ask about third party games.

Plus, MS did announce at Gamescom 2015 that Fable, Crackdown, Halo, etc would 100% support the backward compatibility program, so it really shouldn't be such a surprise, honestly.

He just normally does not answer these as people then start complaining and saying "When is Fable Anniversary coming to BC? You said it was coming! Where is it at Phil?"
Surprised it is coming to BC, no, it is a 1st party title and they said their goal was to have all 1st party titles be BC (obviously delisted ones will be an issue). Surprised he went ahead and confirmed it was currently being worked on, yes.

Zeta Oni

The issue is not just the performance irc, missing effects, hud got stretch etc etc.

I don't see why this is a point that's being bought up in response to me hoping the game becomes available for BC.

I'm aware there's a lot wrong with the 360 version including things hardware improvements cant fix, but id still like to see the game I paid money for running on the most recent generation of consoles with several possible performance benefits at no additional cost to myself.

Chris1

OMG Fable Anniversary is being worked on. Yesss fam

It took like 1.5 years for Black ops 1 to come don't forget. Fable Anniversary to come to BC program in early 2019

Nah they know they fucked up and wouldn't mention the game if it wasn't close. Probably later this year

FZW

Just got updates for:

Bejewelled 2
Ikaruga
Joyride Turbo
Clash of Heroes

Speculate away.

I have 20 updates (!)

A kingdom for keflings
Aegis wing
Call of Juarez
Defense Grid
Hexic HD
Monday Night Combat
Monkey Island
Ms Splosion Man
Mx vs Atv Reflex
N+
Pac Man Championship Edition DX+
Super Meat Boy
Zuma

everything else have already been mentioned.

Top Bottom