• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

amdb00mer

Yes, I know, but the evidence so far points to them not doing this for games with complicated licensing situations. I'm 100% sure there is a business decision involved and being able to put the game up for sale on the X1 is a big factor. Otherwise there would be more driving games and licensed games available by now. They even pulled their own Forza Horizon 1 from the store when the licensing deals ran out rather than renegotiate.

I know. I wish publishers would be more open and honest about what they have signed off on. I know a few did state what they signed off on, but there are much more that have not and probably never will. At this point, I don't expect anything else from Capcom. I think we got the arcade stuff and Dark Void as they had no intention of re-releasing those. SFIV was a bone thrown at us to make up for SFV not being on X1. I think all their other games are going to be straight HD ports. I can see the Lost Planet games getting announced as HD remasters next year.

Ravi_elite

Banned
you people really need to get in line...and wait your damn turn

because this game is all that ever mattered in my xbox...furthermore my community!

Saints_Row_Box_Art.jpg

Alx

So is that one of the good Earth Defense Force ? I've never tried any episode of the serie, but would be tempted to check what it's all about.

Laserdisk

I'm still holding out hope for RR6. I really don't see why it would not make it. I know all the cars are fantasy based, but was there any licensed music or special vehicles?
In that only Namco stuff.
Got I loved that game and RR7, amazing how we still want and can't get 1080p 60 in stuff 10 years later on....

Gideon_128

EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! On a side note I hope my Scorpio doesnt smooth out the frame rate too much. It wouldnt be EDF w/o the occasional slideshow.

Naked Lunch

Screamed YES at my computer with the EDF news. MS killing it lately. My list is progressing nicely. There was a time when people said we wouldnt see niche Japanese games on BC. EDF, Deadly Prem, VOOT, and Radiant Silvergun are recent standouts.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/936278917299699712

Earth Defense Force 2017 and Sonic Adventure 2 are coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today

Nothing for me today but these two titles are a good addition to the BC library. Kudos to the backwards compat ninjas at MS.

Was the conversion of Sonic Adventure 2 competent or is the Dreamcast/GC version considered to be superior?

Today will be:

DarkStalkers-Resurrection_XBLA.jpg

I got all excited when I saw the cover art for Darkstalkers in your post :D. I'd love for this and SFIII to get a release.

I cant use my 360 arcade stick on my XB1, so I especially dont care about 6 button Capcom fighters becoming BC. I still really want SC IV and SCV to become BC. I think I can play them on a pad to some degree.
I really want Tenchu Z to make the BC list too. The game was never pretty, but it was always fun and I'd be willing to buy it again.

I cant use my 360 arcade stick on my XB1, so I especially dont care about 6 button Capcom fighters becoming BC. I still really want SC IV and SCV to become BC. I think I can play them on a pad to some degree.
I really want Tenchu Z to make the BC list too. The game was never pretty, but it was always fun and I'd be willing to buy it again.

Once SFIII and Darkstalkers are brought over, I'll be picking up a 360 to XB1 controller dongle so that I can use my Hori SCIV arcade stick. We definitely need SC4 & 5 brought over too. It's strange that they aren't there already as SC1 and 2 are.

EYEL1NER

EDF 2017?! YES!!!
Now hopefully we can get 2025 sometime soon.
I'm all about physical copies and still have a physical copy but I may pick up EDF 2017 digitally at some point if they have a good sale for the holidays in a couple weeks. It'd be nice to always have that on my account to play in the future.

Once SFIII and Darkstalkers are brought over, I'll be picking up a 360 to XB1 controller dongle so that I can use my Hori SCIV arcade stick. We definitely need SC4 & 5 brought over too. It's strange that they aren't there already as SC1 and 2 are.

I have a MadCatz SFxT Fightstick Pro. I'll be interested to hear how well that dongle works for you.

So is that one of the good Earth Defense Force ? I've never tried any episode of the serie, but would be tempted to check what it's all about.

Ignore any haters. The whole series is a good time. 2017 is the weakest of the three that were on the 360, but it's still a crazy good time.

I don't give a shit about achievements, but I still got all 6 in the game. It's that good. Dive in with this, or go for the already BC Insect Armageddon or still-languishing-on-the-360-for-some-reason EDF 2025 (which is the best one). Have fun.

Gideon_128

It's damn near locked at 60 FPS now which is actually really nice to play.
Yeah the final level with the mother ship normally slows to a crawl once the laser show begins. But smooth sailing on the X1.
EDF 2017?! YES!!!
Now hopefully we can get 2025 sometime soon.
I'm all about physical copies and still have a physical copy but I may pick up EDF 2017 digitally at some point if they have a good sale for the holidays in a couple weeks. It'd be nice to always have that on my account to play in the future.
2017 rarely goes on sale 🙁

Ignore any haters. The whole series is a good time. Insect Armageddon is the weakest of the three that were on the 360, but it's still a crazy good time.
There fixed that for you 😉

still blows my mind crackdown 1 and 2 arnt available yet like you'd think since they delayed tbe 3rd theyed hook us up

I find this to be frustrating as well. At the very least, they should have put up Crackdown 1 or 2 following the announcement of the delay of C3 to soften the blow.

Don't know if it was posted here yet, but Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 are available digitally now. $20 each.

Nice catch. Cheers for the heads-up.

Top Bottom