• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood - 10$, 1.11GB.
(Trial available. No time limit, unlocks achievements.)

New Bundle,

10tons Adventure Puzzles Bundle - 14$
(Azkend 2 and Sparkle 2.)

New Pre-Orders,

Acorn Assault: Rodent Revolution - 10$

Sky Force Anniversary - 10$

Montresor

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood - 10$, 1.11GB.
(Trial available. No time limit, unlocks achievements.)

That's the 7th Artifex Mundi game released on Xbox One. Bought it without hesitation.

The other ones have all been good. Not great but definitely good and well worth it for anyone that loves puzzle games:

Nightmares from the Deep 1
Clockwork Tales
Enigmatis 1
Grim Legends: Forsaken Bride
Nightmares from the Deep 2
Eventide: Slavic Fable

U2NUMB

That's the 7th Artifex Mundi game released on Xbox One. Bought it without hesitation.

The other ones have all been good. Not great but definitely good and well worth it for anyone that loves puzzle games:

Nightmares from the Deep 1
Clockwork Tales
Enigmatis 1
Grim Legends: Forsaken Bride
Nightmares from the Deep 2
Eventide: Slavic Fable

Yea they must be doing fairly well on the platform OR it is just super easy to port over. Either way I like the trend..

Montresor

Does anyone have suggestions for games released this year that would qualify as worst games of the year? I'm going to work on a story about them in a few weeks.

Here's my list from last year: http://www.windowscentral.com/worst-xbox-one-games-2015

Of the 2016 games I've played here are the ones I've personally scored the worst:

Albedo Eyes From Outer Space (1/5 rating)
Dear Esther (1.5/5 rating)
The Solus Project (1.5/5 rating)

Flux

Worst sports game every year: WWE
Worst free game/worst movie tie-in Ben-Hur (or oh yeah that came out)
Worst use of animals: Horse Racing 2016

eastx

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Keep 'em coming if you know more. Low production values are an easy qualification, unless the game looks cheap but is actually super fun, in which case I wouldn't include it.

Hard part is, I have to have played the game to include it, so I'll need to hunt down a couple of suggested games.

What is the criteria?

Carmageddon is the worse game I've played this year.

What's so bad about Carmageddon? Does everyone dislike it?

Do we all dislike Ben Hur as well?

Been having massive issues this past week or two with my download speeds on Xbox One. Rather than make a whole new topic I figured I would ask here for any advice or ideas. First, some pertinent info...

-Getting download speeds of sub 5mb/s, often times dipping down to 200kb/s. It may occasionally climb up for a short time, 30mb/s here or 100mb/s there but without fail it will dip all the way back down.

-Other areas of Xbox Live work fine. Party chat, online play, navigating the dashboard are all great. Streaming video apps such as Netflix work 100%; streaming Hd video with no buffering.

-While I never got the full speed of my internet service(200mb/s) on the Xbox One in the past; it would generally give me between 100mb/s to 150mb/s. The lowest it had gone prior to this was about 60mb/s.

-Downloads on Steam have been pretty consistent at around 200-230mb/s. Ps4 seems to be about 96mb/s.

-My Xbox One(as well as my Pc and Ps4) are all hooked directly into my router via Ethernet cable.

-I live alone and none of my other devices are connected to the internet when attempting to download via my Xbox One. I have my Pc off(not sleeping) and my Ps4 off(not in rest mode) so there are no background downloads causing issues.

-My NAT is open and before this last week or two everything was fine.

Things I have done to try and diagnose this problem...

-Switch the port my Ethernet cable was connected to.

-Unhooked the Ethernet cable and tried connecting via Wi-Fi to rule out any hardware issues with the Ethernet jack. Got roughly the same speeds within 1mbps or so.

-Multiple hard resets and power cycles of the Xbox, router and Modem.

-Updated the firmware on my router.

-Went through all of the various settings menus on the Xbox and my router with no luck.

-Unhooked the router and connected directly to the modem. Same speeds.

No matter what I did the slow download speeds are always present. This only affects the Xbox One and only just recently. Nothing on my end has changed. That my Pc and Ps4 are downloading just fine leads me to believe the issue lies with Microsoft. Though I have to assume though that there would be a far bigger stink about this if it was affecting more people. Is this a known issue? Are downloads on the One just going slower now due to an influx of new owners? Is there anything I can do or try to maybe fix this? It is unbearable trying to download anything when it is hovering at 400kb/s. Brings me back to the mid 90s...heh.

I live in New Jersey and have Comcast Xfinity Blast Internet 200mb/s. My router is a Netgear Nighthawk X4 r7500v2. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. I plan to call Comcast at some point but I assume that they won't be much help since I am having no issues apart from the downloads on Xbox One.

danowat

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Keep 'em coming if you know more. Low production values are an easy qualification, unless the game looks cheap but is actually super fun, in which case I wouldn't include it.

Hard part is, I have to have played the game to include it, so I'll need to hunt down a couple of suggested games.

What's so bad about Carmageddon? Does everyone dislike it?

Do we all dislike Ben Hur as well?

Everything is bad about it, looks awful, plays awful, just awful!

Does anyone have suggestions for games released this year that would qualify as worst games of the year? I'm going to work on a story about them in a few weeks.

Here's my list from last year: http://www.windowscentral.com/worst-xbox-one-games-2015
Friend, Zheros. Zheros is easily a worst game of the year. Nothing helps kill a beat em up like poor sound design and enemies that aren't satisfying to punch. Ben-Hur is also a terrible game, but that thing is so totally broken it becomes beautiful. Zheros is just awful throughout.

Montresor

Enigmatis 2 is really good. Probably Artifex Mundi's strongest game yet on Xbox One.

I'll admit, Eventide: Slavic Fable (their latest game before Enigmatis 2) was rough around the edges. But Enigmatis 2 is really solid. It has all the regular hidden object game play and puzzles you'd expect from this type of game, but it's also neat because you're a detective, you gather evidence, and you need to make deductions involving the evidence and your investigation on an evidence board. It's pretty fun trying to make correct guesses about where each piece of evidence fits.

Enigmatis 2 is really good. Probably Artifex Mundi's strongest game yet on Xbox One.

I'll admit, Eventide: Slavic Fable (their latest game before Enigmatis 2) was rough around the edges. But Enigmatis 2 is really solid. It has all the regular hidden object game play and puzzles you'd expect from this type of game, but it's also neat because you're a detective, you gather evidence, and you need to make deductions involving the evidence and your investigation on an evidence board. It's pretty fun trying to make correct guesses about where each piece of evidence fits.
I did really like that about the first one

Has anything been pulled in the last couple of days? I had 166 games in my ready to install list, but suddenly something has vanished and now I only have 165 games listed.

I swear I had 173 or 174, and now I have 171. I have a list, maybe I'll go through it and find out.

EDIT: I checked and nothing's missing. Maybe I had some betas that I hadn't hidden, which are now unavailable. I did download the Infinite Warfare and Battlefield 1 betas, not sure what else.

Maffew

There was a free weekend for Elder Scrolls Online, so that showed in everyone's list - but the weekend is over now so it's gone again.

I swear I had 173 or 174, and now I have 171. I have a list, maybe I'll go through it and find out.

EDIT: I checked and nothing's missing. Maybe I had some betas that I hadn't hidden, which are now unavailable. I did download the Infinite Warfare and Battlefield 1 betas, not sure what else.

Appreciate you taking the time to check your list!

Definitely not the Elder Scrolls Online causing this anomaly in my case. Curious....

fast_taker

Hey, I have the same problem with my Xbox One S. Start about two or three days ago. Getting 30 mb/s download speeds. I have a 1GBPS speed connection. Currently, my xbox is set to wifi. I have not tried using a wired connection to see what, if anything, changes.

I own X1 since launch. As far as I remember I had this issue twice in the past. The first time was quite a long time ago, but the last one was sometime last week. I think it is related with xbox live performance because after 1/2 hours the issue was automatically resolved.

eastx

Here's my current list of suggestions for "Worst Xbox One Games of 2016" candidates. I have not tried some of these games (especially the ones marked with ?). Bolded titles are pretty much definitely staying. If they end up being alright, they would not be included in my "Worst of" article. Any arguments against these titles, or missing titles, would be appreciated.
  • 7 Days to Die - Don't own
  • Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
  • Ben Hur
  • Carmageddon? - Don't own
  • Cartoon Network Battle Crashers
  • Cel Damage HD
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Farm Simulator 2017
  • Horse Racing 2016
  • Kyurinaga's Revenge
  • Lichdom: Battle Mage - don't own
  • Lovely Planet
  • Monster Jam: Crush It!
  • MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
  • Professional Farmer 2017? - Don't own
  • Soda Drinker Pro
  • Super Dungeon Bros?
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
  • Zheros

danowat

Banned
I'd argue against The Solus Project, there are much worse games out there.

Wish I could gift you my copy of Carmegeddon, I got it digitally, so it'll forever blight my account.

Oh yeah, I played the demo of Monster Jam, and that was bloody awful too!

U2NUMB

Here's my current list of "Worst Xbox One Games of 2016" candidates. I have not tried some of these games (especially the ones marked with ?). If they end up being alright, they would be removed from the list. Any arguments against these titles, or missing titles, would be appreciated.
  • 140?
  • Ben Hur
  • Cel Damage HD
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Dear Esther?
  • Drive Home?
  • Farm Simulator 2017
  • GunWorld II?
  • Horse Racing 2016
  • Kyurinaga's Revenge
  • Lovely Planet
  • Soda Drinker Pro
  • The Solus Project? - Don't own
  • Super Dungeon Bros?
  • Zheros

Since I am stupid with money I have played just about every one of these...

Solus Project does not belong on that list in my opinion.

Professional Farmer 2017 is an ok farming game BUT.. if you play offline and use the money glitch you can 100% achievements in 30 min. This only works with disc based version so .. worth it

Monster Jam Crush it is also a very easy 100% and you can buy a physical copy at Wal Mart. So I did and since its sorta rare being at only one store I bought it, completed it and sold it on ebay for more than I paid. But yes.. shit game for sure

Soda Pop Drinker Pro is in my opinion the worst game on this list.. I hate it, with Ben Hur coming in very close second but since it is free it gets a slight pass.

Dear Esther doesn't belong there either, imo. I'd go with games you've played or have been universally panned. Don't go on a few opinions here.

eastx

Dear Esther doesn't belong there either, imo. I'd go with games you've played or have been universally panned. Don't go on a few opinions here.

I was already pretty sure it wouldn't make the cut. I always come up with a bunch of games to try and then remove the ones that aren't terrible as I play them all. Sounds like Solus Project probably doesn't deserve to be on there either.

zorbsie

Dear Ester doesn't belong on that list. I would argue Lichdom after the patch doesn't belong on that list either. At least not for the game itself. It does have a TON of odd point achievements though. So if you want to nail it for that, go ahead.

Also the game where you talk to your mom on the drive home is Three Fourths Home.

eastx

Gone Home - Console Edition.

Not a bad story.

Ha, I mixed Gone Home and Three Fourths Home up as well! Turns out Three Fourths Home came out last year, so I couldn't include it anyway.

Dear Ester doesn't belong on that list. I would argue Lichdom after the patch doesn't belong on that list either. At least not for the game itself. It does have a TON of odd point achievements though. So if you want to nail it for that, go ahead.

How does everybody else feel about Lichdom, post patch?

I'm removing Dear Esther, Solus Project, and Gun World 2 from the list. Gunworld 2 still has some ugly character art and bad checkpoints, but the game itself really is a lot better than the first one.

Here's my current list of "Worst Xbox One Games of 2016" candidates. I have not tried some of these games (especially the ones marked with ?). If they end up being alright, they would be removed from the list. Any arguments against these titles, or missing titles, would be appreciated.

[*]7 Days to Die - Don't own

I've been playing this game quite a bit lately. I'm on PC, so not sure if that makes a difference. But it's a lot of fun. Early access, so rough around the edges, but fun.

Flux

• Ben Hur
  • Cel Damage HD
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Farm Simulator 2017
  • Horse Racing 2016
  • Kyurinaga's Revenge
  • Lovely Planet
  • Prominence Poker
  • Soda Drinker Pro
  • Super Dungeon Bros?
  • Zheros

Of the games, maybe you should mention that you only count ones that you played. It is your list afterall. TMNT wasn't all that bad, just not appropriately priced game. You can make a technical mess category just for Lichdom.

Delryk

Been having massive issues this past week or two with my download speeds on Xbox One. Rather than make a whole new topic I figured I would ask here for any advice or ideas. First, some pertinent info...

-Getting download speeds of sub 5mb/s, often times dipping down to 200kb/s. It may occasionally climb up for a short time, 30mb/s here or 100mb/s there but without fail it will dip all the way back down.

-Other areas of Xbox Live work fine. Party chat, online play, navigating the dashboard are all great. Streaming video apps such as Netflix work 100%; streaming Hd video with no buffering.

-While I never got the full speed of my internet service(200mb/s) on the Xbox One in the past; it would generally give me between 100mb/s to 150mb/s. The lowest it had gone prior to this was about 60mb/s.

-Downloads on Steam have been pretty consistent at around 200-230mb/s. Ps4 seems to be about 96mb/s.

-My Xbox One(as well as my Pc and Ps4) are all hooked directly into my router via Ethernet cable.

-I live alone and none of my other devices are connected to the internet when attempting to download via my Xbox One. I have my Pc off(not sleeping) and my Ps4 off(not in rest mode) so there are no background downloads causing issues.

-My NAT is open and before this last week or two everything was fine.

Things I have done to try and diagnose this problem...

-Switch the port my Ethernet cable was connected to.

-Unhooked the Ethernet cable and tried connecting via Wi-Fi to rule out any hardware issues with the Ethernet jack. Got roughly the same speeds within 1mbps or so.

-Multiple hard resets and power cycles of the Xbox, router and Modem.

-Updated the firmware on my router.

-Went through all of the various settings menus on the Xbox and my router with no luck.

-Unhooked the router and connected directly to the modem. Same speeds.

No matter what I did the slow download speeds are always present. This only affects the Xbox One and only just recently. Nothing on my end has changed. That my Pc and Ps4 are downloading just fine leads me to believe the issue lies with Microsoft. Though I have to assume though that there would be a far bigger stink about this if it was affecting more people. Is this a known issue? Are downloads on the One just going slower now due to an influx of new owners? Is there anything I can do or try to maybe fix this? It is unbearable trying to download anything when it is hovering at 400kb/s. Brings me back to the mid 90s...heh.

I live in New Jersey and have Comcast Xfinity Blast Internet 200mb/s. My router is a Netgear Nighthawk X4 r7500v2. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. I plan to call Comcast at some point but I assume that they won't be much help since I am having no issues apart from the downloads on Xbox One.

my Xbox speeds were fine for like a year and then all of a sudden it started going like a roller coaster.. the second i resetted the MAC address (from setting/network) it fixed everything... for me anyway.

Might be worth a shot!

eastx

Of the games, maybe you should mention that you only count ones that you played. It is your list afterall. TMNT wasn't all that bad, just not appropriately priced game. You can make a technical mess category just for Lichdom.

TMNT, to me, is obviously unfinished. It's such a big step down from Transformers: Devastation, with mechanics that make little sense and poor level design. But if I end up going with just one licensed title on the list, Cartoon Network Battle Crashers would edge it out for sure.

Yeah, I thought it was clear that only games I have played will go in the real article. But I'm willing to seek out games that other people think are bad, as there are too many games for any of us to have naturally played. Revised the wording above my current list post to be clearer.

Appreciate you taking the time to check your list!

Definitely not the Elder Scrolls Online causing this anomaly in my case. Curious....

Yeah it's definitely not ESO for me, I've owned it since release. I'm not worried about the number going down though. I didn't just check the number of items on my list vs ready to install, I actually went through each title one by one, and I'm sure nothing is missing.

I probably just installed an older game or two and forgot about it, plus the NBA free weekend. It really threw me off a while back when EA Access as free for everyone, and suddenly all these sports games were in my list. I don't own any sports games except what's been part of GWG.

statham

Here's my current list of suggestions for "Worst Xbox One Games of 2016" candidates. I have not tried some of these games (especially the ones marked with ?). If they end up being alright, they would not be included in my "Worst of" article. Any arguments against these titles, or missing titles, would be appreciated.
  • Ben Hur
  • Cel Damage HD
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Farm Simulator 2017
  • Horse Racing 2016
  • Kyurinaga's Revenge
  • Lovely Planet
  • Prominence Poker
  • Soda Drinker Pro
  • Super Dungeon Bros?
  • Zheros

Prominence Poker is fantastic, I've probably already put 60 hours into it. if your not doing the quick table, and doing tournaments, which is all I do, you can get some tell-tell signs. Highly disagree with that one on your list. Its a solid poker game with fun dress-me up bonuses.

eastx

Prominence Poker is fantastic, I've probably already put 60 hours into it. if your not doing the quick table, and doing tournaments, which is all I do, you can get some tell-tell signs. Highly disagree with that one on your list. Its a solid poker game with fun dress-me up bonuses.

Thanks dude. I literally put everyone's non-AAA suggestions onto the list for later testing. I've only played Pure Hold 'em, which I enjoy, but it's good to hear that Prominence is good too. :)

I really appreciate everyone's help in adding and removing suggestions so far! This article is going to be a lot of fun to write, and maybe the playing phase won't be too excruciating. :D

Top Bottom