• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today (in China),

Attack Heroes, 1.92GB.
(China only.)

-----
DC Universe Online is giving away a free lvl boost (two is you sub) until the 31st January to celebrate its sixth anniversary.

If you haven't played it yet, you'll have to setup a character then play the tutorial which will lvl you character up to the required lvl 4, it only takes ~20 mins. You can blag 225gs (potentially 250gs as the race cheev popped for me as well) and save 10-15 hours of playtime (you have to play the game six times to unlock all the achievements).

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-new-advance-to-level-2017

Vert boil

Released today,

Dead Effect 2 - 12$, 6.59GB.

Friday Night Bullet Arena - 10$, 179MB.

Pit People (Game Preview) - 15$, 726MB.
(Trial available, doesn't unlock achievements.)

Rise & Shine - 15$, 4.16GB.

Sylvio - 13$, 2.79GB.

New Pre-Order,

Subterrain - 13.59$ (will rise to 17$)

Ah, thanks. Appreciate the suggestions, everybody! Need for Speed I'm iffy on including, as I assume it's also mostly traditional racing.

It's basically Forza Horizon 1 with cops and power ups. Two careers, Racer and Cops, and you race around an open world travelling to events using money earned to buy faster cars/power ups. Power ups don't appear in the world, you choose what you want to use.

eastx

Somebody please post Power Rangers impressions if you get it. Hoping it plays okay, despite the budget art style.

Ade

I'll be playing mmpr after work tonight. So can post impressions' later.

Got it primarily for my 5 year old who loves MMPR

Edit; its quite poor, little variety in enemies, music is odd, dialogue is all written not spoken, aside from the odd random word and what plotline there is seems semi incoherent like it was badly translated.

It also seems to randomly hitch and stop reading controller inputs.

Guerrilla

The Assembly sounds pretty interesting, wonder if it's any good.

I nearly bought it for ps4 some time ago due to the vr support and since these games are totally up my alley, however, the reviews are just too bad for me to give this a shot :/ (51 on metacritic)

Metrico+ looks kinda cool though

U2NUMB

I have heard good things about Toby as in similar to Limbo but fairly easy with easy achievements. But that it is very enjoyable.

Ohmbrew

Hi Everyone,

I know this thread is meant for downloadable games, but I just wanted to comment on the fantasticness (yes, I know it's not a word!) of the newly released Xb1 app, Wallpaper Studio 10. I've had it on my PC for a while and loved it, but it showed up in my ready to download list and at first it was buggy, but when I tried it yesterday, it worked great!

Lot's of high res photos of all types (scenery, games, movies, art, sports, etc...) and you can easily set your XB1 background from within the app. I still haven't found out how to run a slideshow yet though.

Anyway, sorry for talking about an app in this thread, but I find this to be the only good (and safe) XB1 thread to discuss things in.

Thanks.

eastx

Thanks! I plan to buy this when it's on sale.

Rad. Hopefully there'll be a sale soon, but since the retail release is about to come out, it might be another couple of months.

I know this thread is meant for downloadable games, but I just wanted to comment on the fantasticness (yes, I know it's not a word!) of the newly released Xb1 app, Wallpaper Studio 10. I've had it on my PC for a while and loved it, but it showed up in my ready to download list and at first it was buggy, but when I tried it yesterday, it worked great!

Lot's of high res photos of all types (scenery, games, movies, art, sports, etc...) and you can easily set your XB1 background from within the app. I still haven't found out how to run a slideshow yet though.

Anyway, sorry for talking about an app in this thread, but I find this to be the only good (and safe) XB1 thread to discuss things in.

No worries. Since we don't have an Apps thread, discussing them here too should be fine. The thread needs all the bumpage it can get.

jesu

Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

I'm installing it now, thanks.

edit, and uninstalled
It's riddled with ads

Ade

Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

ThemeMyXbox destroys it, and isn't riddled with adds

Ohmbrew

I'm installing it now, thanks.

edit, and uninstalled
It's riddled with ads

I'm so sorry about that. It looks like I had purchased the add removal on the PC version, so I didn't see any adds in the XB1 version, that's why it looked so clean for me.

I didn't even realize it had so many adds cause I couldn't see them.

Oops - very sorry.
My bad.

eastx

Cool, I've been wanting to play Towerfall.

Finally got Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. So far, it seems like a pretty good beat 'em up! Way, way better than Cartoon Network Battle Crashers.

The art style is the worst thing about the game. There's also a big lack of enemy variety, as you only fight to types of putties and one other monster in the first level. That said, the actual story is quite close to the show, and the robot segment at the end of the level is pretty cool. Uses an instrumental version of the show's theme and a few (very few) voice samples. If you dig Power Rangers and/or beat 'em ups, it's worth a look.

Vert boil

Released today,

Wells - 10$, 3.35GB.

-----
A trial for Bokosuka Wars II popped up after the pre-order went live. It unlocks an achievement.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

It doesn't appear to have a time limit but you can only play the first level.
D-pad only movement.
You start off controlling the white guy wearing the blue clothes in the lower right part of the screen.
You have to pick up the gear next to the guy trapped behind the green blocks.
They your aim is to travel left until the level ends.
Battles are RNG and you can get more guys to defend the king by rubbing up against trees and/or removing the green blocks at the start to unleash an army.

eastx

Kind of interested in Doodle God but $10 seems a bit much for a game I used to play for free in my browser. Not sure how different it is though.

Also, the Doodle God series is terrible. Removing the free to play elements (which appeared in later sequels) would make Doodle God better, though.

U2NUMB

Kind of interested in Doodle God but $10 seems a bit much for a game I used to play for free in my browser. Not sure how different it is though.

Nothing really different... its doodle god. No idea why I bought it. It looks good on the big screen but again it is hard for me to call it a game. Will farm for easy achievements and be done with it I guess. Correct price is more like $2.99 in my opinion. I am also part of the problem.

I've played all other doodle gods and enjoyed gem but this is essentially the same version as the Windows 8 one which was free but they are charging $10 for it. No thanks

Ugh I hate when companies put their 'complete' game on sale but don't put the base DLC on sale too.

Have been waiting forever for the dumb Lords of the Fallen DLC to go on sale but it never does.

MX Nitro seems a bit high. If Miniclip is serious about getting into console publishing they really need to be conscious of pricing.

---------

Dungeon Defenders 2 has been rated for Xbox One! Never though I would see it come over they always referred to it as PlayStation exclusive

eastx

So happy that Crypt of the Necrodancer is coming to Xbox One. Love that game, although it's too hard for its own good.

MX Nitro seems a bit high. If Miniclip is serious about getting into console publishing they really need to be conscious of pricing.

It's $20 on Steam too. Is it a really small game or something?

Top Bottom