• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Elite Controller Vidoc

I had the opportunity to use it over the last 3 days.

I have to say firstly I was very impressed with its weight. It felt solid, felt like a piece of equipment and not a peripheral. The button presses, for lack of a better term, felt sharp. Also using toggles to change the throw of the triggers was nice.

The dpad felt high quality. I wasn't playing any fighting games to really put it through the paces, but I didn't have any problems navigating or hitting diagonals. It didnt feel 'mushy' like the stock pad does at times, and no creaks or squeaks even though a thousand people had already been using them over the last few days.

What about the most important thing, the buildup of dead skin and other things that get stuck in crevices and on top of the sticks?

ElNino

I just say "xbox screenshot", or "xbox record that" ;)

Soon I will say, "Hey Cortana, record the last 2 minutes 50 seconds and upload to skydrive when this match is over"
But Kinect is dead. ;-)

Meanwhile, my three year old is turning on the Xbox without even being able to reach the console or the controllers.

You guys got to think long term. You're probably gonna go through a few normal controllers anyway. You might as well upgrade to this and not have to buy a new one every once in awhile.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
You guys got to think long term. You're probably gonna go through a few normal controllers anyway. You might as well upgrade to this and not have to buy a new one every once in awhile.

Not just that but this controller will serve as a massive 'control' upgrade to all the games you play. The experience will be much better imo.

This scares me that anyone can walk into a store and buy a controller that by the sounds of it puts you at a clear advantage. Ive grown out of competitive play, but the little i play stuff like this will set me back even further. Looks slick as hell though.

I want one of these controllers mostly so I can use the paddles for gear shifting in forza.

maybe one day when I can afford it.

Kinsella

Banned
I want to get one so bad but I don't think my brain could handle learning to use paddles.

Looks sick tho

I tested my brain last night playing Destiny. Every time I would normally jump I tapped a finger on the back of the controller without my hand leaving the right stick. Felt natural. I can't wait to do it. I'll probably even switch from PS4 to Xbox One on all shooters including Destiny because of it.

KarasuEXE

I just say "xbox screenshot", or "xbox record that" ;)

Soon I will say, "Hey Cortana, record the last 2 minutes 50 seconds and upload to onedrive when this match is over"
Sure, JaggedSac. Meanwhile, I'll make you a virtual Hololens Coffee™ for when you're done playing.

Korosenai

I want this controller so bad. Don't think I'll use bumper jumper, but instead add jump to one of the paddles on the back. Then I can always be ready to left trigger aim in H5 or Destiny if I need it.

PSYGN

I have a PS4 controller adapter so I will be able to use this on the PS4 :) But I have to say even though I was an XBOX 360 owner last-gen, I prefer the thumbsticks being next to each other. It feels more natural to me on the DS4.

It would be interesting to see MS sell these in MS Stores, only at stations where you select just the components you want at set prices. So maybe the base controller is $100, then each option adds to that. Everything in one package is still $150, but you could get just your specific config for something like $120.

Think a lot of people would prefer that over spending $150 to have a bunch of options they'd never use.

Rocketz

This scares me that anyone can walk into a store and buy a controller that by the sounds of it puts you at a clear advantage. Ive grown out of competitive play, but the little i play stuff like this will set me back even further. Looks slick as hell though.

You've been able to buy 3rd party versions of these controllers for years now. It's nothing that new actually. Scuf controllers is one of the top brands.

Alot of features

Paddles are cool

Swapping Sticks, Amazing

Adjusting the triggers, amazing

Sucks that you gotta pay $150 to remap controls

Alot of features

Paddles are cool

Swapping Sticks, Amazing

Adjusting the triggers, amazing

Sucks that you gotta pay $150 to remap controls
You know you are paying for the quality of the build as well.

I'll just change the sticks I believe I'm not competitive enough to use paddles to play anything.

It looks so nice and premium and I miss the weight of the chat pad with the 360 controller so this should suit me well.

Falchion

This is a launch purchase for me. I've been on the fence about getting a SCUF or Avenger for quite some time but this is the best value by far and has some amazing features. Can't wait to get my hands on it in time for all the FPS's and racing games this fall.

Look. all I want to know is if they fixed the bumpers. I got hyped with the standard redesign, but I still dont have any confirmation of being able to hit the bumpers from any angle.

Gren

Wow, this thing has a lot of cool little features. I like that they addressed the analog sticks. I'm not sure if it's due to wear and tear, but several of my 360 controllers eventually fail to "snap" back to neutral. So in 3D games, if I just suddenly take my thumbs off, either the camera or game character will slowly "drift" to one side on its own.

But with that premium pricetag, I'll have to remain skeptical.

Naked Lunch

So many people complaining about the price.
You get what you pay for.

I still havent heard any definitive explanation on the sensitivity options the controller has. Does that setting affect tension of the sticks at all?

Interesting I thought I heard them say they are working with partners to offer even more thumbstick parts. I would like ones a bit shorter like the 360 sticks if possible.

This controller is one of the most exciting things from this e3 for me. All the crazy customization options are just what I want. And to be able to use it on both xbone and my PC definitely makes it worth the price. I can see myself using 1 elite controller til the next Xbox comes out.

Stevey

I feel like I need this but it's expensive as hell.
Also, has there been any info on what bits you get with it?
Like everything shown in the videos or do you have to buy it all seperately?

Top Bottom