• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One headsets/headphones

purg3

slept with Malkin
So I just saw Polk is sending out a free boom mic to those that purchased the 4 Shot. For the people that already got it, I registered my headset on the site, is that all I need to do now, or do I need to fill out some separate form?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So I just saw Polk is sending out a free boom mic to those that purchased the 4 Shot. For the people that already got it, I registered my headset on the site, is that all I need to do now, or do I need to fill out some separate form?

Is that why my buddy sounds super quiet with his?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I filled out one form and already got the adapter and the boom mic in seperate deliveries. Customer service has been fantastic. Even a personalized card.

Anyone know off the top of their head if astro a50 chat mic works with xbone? Does it need adapter? Cable?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I filled out one form and already got the adapter and the boom mic in seperate deliveries. Customer service has been fantastic. Even a personalized card.

What form did you fill out? Or was it just the standard product registration to get the boom mic?

Is that why my buddy sounds super quiet with his?

Probably, Polk is saying its not the mic though and they are working with MS so they are sending out boom mics in the interim.

Killer

Banned
Anyone know off the top of their head if astro a50 chat mic works with xbone? Does it need adapter? Cable?

It works and yes it needs an adapter. You can use the cable that came with the mic. Be warned that when you use the mic there's incredibly annoying static noise. Astro said they will patch it soon to fix the problem but I have been waiting for couple of months with out any update. They updated their A40 though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It works and yes it needs an adapter. You can use the cable that came with the mic. Be warned that when you use the mic there's incredibly annoying static noise. Astro said they will patch it soon to fix the problem but I have been waiting for couple of months with out any update. They updated their A40 though.

Cable that came with the Astros is 2.5mm (or whatever the smaller headphone connector standard is) at both ends and the audio adapter Puck is 3.5. Unless I misplaced a second cable.

So is it true that the Xbox One Stereo Headset works on the PS4 as well? I would like to buy one set to use on both consoles.

I tried the Xbox One Stereo Headset on my PS4 and yes, it works great! Played some Outlast and Resogun and man, really breathes new life into all these games. Looking forward to playing FFXIV with the headset. You can't go wrong with them.

hmmmm i have the PS4 gold wireless headset but it kinda has the beats by dre headphone design , its good so far but if i have to buy an adapter to use it on xbox one, i might as well return it and pick up the xbox one stereo headset since it can be used on PS4 easily

I used the xbox one stereo headset at pax and it felt nice

Hawk269

I had the Titanfall Edition headset, but was not too happy with it. I also kind of stopped looking for a while, but has the issue with the Polk Audio headset's been resolved? Last I read is that the CEO of Polk was saying they were working on a Patch to fix whatever issue that was going on.

Killer

Banned
Cable that came with the Astros is 2.5mm (or whatever the smaller headphone connector standard is) at both ends and the audio adapter Puck is 3.5. Unless I misplaced a second cable.

Yeah, it is 2.5mm at both ends. I ordered one from amazon few weeks ago because i lost mine and it fits.

Seibmoz

Guys having trouble getting my Turtle Beach X42, to output Dolby surround sounds through optical cable. Any idea what I'm doing wrong/something in the menus that I need to turn on?

Any idea or news when microsoft will Step up and make a Fully Wireless Headset for the Xbox One.

The Tritton Warheads for the 360 were amazing in feature set.

Totally Wireless
Battery Feedback on the Guide

The only issue was they had poor padding across the top bar.

How does the boom work on the Polk? I thought the design was anti boom.

It comes on a replacement cable and, because the cord from the headset adapter on the controller attaches to the underside jack of the right side earcup of the headset, the boom is directly connected just below the male plug that fits there. Works fine and got one from Polk for free even though my set is actually the X360-targeted Melee version of the X1 4 Shots. Still, the near-field mic built in works for me fine.

Rev3rb

Can anyone confirm if the recent XOne controller update fixed the A50's mic crackling issue I keep hearing about?

malfcn

Thinking about the Xbox One headset some more. I don't see myself needing a surround sound set up, even though it would be nice. Just don't want to spend it on that. I have a pair of Trittons, so I could just get the adapter. But they aren't wireless, and have to be usb powered (the usb on the One is in a bad place for me).

Or should I wait for E3 and see if anything is in the pipes. Or just strike when there is a sale?

Anyone recommend or know when something will be available to fit these specs?

Wireless surround or very good stereo for in game audio positioning awareness
If wired plug into controller
Separate mic and game volume controls

From my 360 days already own some wired Turtle beach (X32) and wireless Sennheiser (no mic) which are great but I'm not aware if they support X1 or not or if an adapter is required etc?

I'd spend $100-$240 on a new set of wireless but I'd like to go surround if possible.

Sorry for bump but hope this thread can help, I recently got Steelseries Siberia v2 headset and was wondering if these are compatible with Xbox One?

derFeef

So if I buy the headset adapter and one of those:

jLCabjh.jpg

I should be able to connect my regular PC headset with seperate mic / headphone connectors, right?

So I have a headset issue that I have found no information on via Google and thought maybe GAF might know whats up. Suddenly I cannot hear people through my headset (the one that came with it). I can mute the headset when its plugged in, when I talk in game I get the voice chat icon like I am talking, and when I am in a party my little circle lights up as if I am talking. My friends can hear me, I cannot hear them.

I can't turn the volume up or down on the headset, it makes no noise when I try. So since I don't hear anything there, I don't hear anyone talking to me, and I know I can mute the headset (so its in and getting power) and others can hear me, my earpiece is just broken I guess? Has anyone experienced this before?

So, I bought the stereo headset adapter and connected my Turtle Beach x11's. I did everything the manual told me to, removed the batteries from the pad and did the firmware update etc.

Now, the headset sort of works but there're two major issues:

1) If I turn up the chat or game volume on the turtle beach sliders anywhere past a 1/4 of the way, a terrible screeching sound wails through the earphones. Oddly, the chat slider on the x11's turns up the game volume whilst going through the stereo headset adapter

2) The game volume is a lot less fuller and lacks bass when compared with the pristine fidelity whilst using the headset on my 360.

Anyone else gone through this issue or know of a solution? A couple things about my setup:

* I'm not using batteries with my controller as I prefer to play wired. I'm using a 3 meter micro-usb cable. I've heard having a play and charge kit plugged in can cause noise disturbance, so maybe that's related? I don't want to play wirelessly if possible.

* I've plugged the x11's usb into the xbox one and connected the little green connecter which goes into the TV via the red/white/yellow (old scart type) cables.

Tokubetsu

I bought a pair of 4shots during black friday because I've been eyeing them awhile and I totally throught the mic problem had been fixed already =(

I contacted support and they placed an order for the boom mic for me but it's out of stock until next year T-T

Top Bottom