• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut by £20 in the UK Now £329.99 - even White Sunset Overdrive bundle

PS4 has games Xbox One can't play. In fact, PS4 has more of those than the other way around. And the games that they both play, PS4 plays better. Also, PS4's OS supports much better loading times and didn't have its SDK saddled with some Kinect bullshit. So you know what definitively says the Xbox One is the lesser product? The fact that I'm paying the same price as you and here you are clinging to Halo and Sunset Overdrive.

Holy crap, this thread really is something else.
First the misinformation, then the concern about gaming comparisons and now just pure console wars?

Good lord man, people can prefer whatever they want, they're not "clinging" to anything.

Prine

Banned
PS4 has games Xbox One can't play. In fact, PS4 has more of those than the other way around. And the games that they both play, PS4 plays better. Also, PS4's OS supports much better loading times and didn't have its SDK saddled with some Kinect bullshit. So you know what definitively says the Xbox One is the lesser product? The fact that I'm paying the same price as you and here you are clinging to Halo and Sunset Overdrive.

You mad? Haha, play better.

This thread is becoming a parody of itself.

Can people just look at the deal and stop speculating on the wider implications of it. Everyone here is wrong to some degree, including me.

Sometimes I think some of consider yourselves envoys for your console manufacturer of choice.

mocoworm

Well, from what I've learned years of lurking Gaf:

It's often not the last post that gets you, but the prior posts leading up to it.

I haven't gone into worm's post history, it's just something I've noticed.

I agree. I am not defending myself. I apologised and learned from my mistakes. I am just saying to be careful about what you post or you could end up not posting again. Which would be the worst. Lurking only is no good :)

derFeef

Lesser product, clinging, bullshit.
Wow... firing from all cylinders, no?

Alright guys, you can't blame Cole Slaw, he's been taken in by the propaganda machine of PS4 positivity Raymaker talked about, the media has got to him.

Well, from what I've learned years of lurking Gaf:

It's often not the last post that gets you, but the prior posts leading up to it.

I haven't gone into worm's post history, it's just something I've noticed.
Yeah, the bolded is definitely true. There were a lot of real MS shills around during launch, and some of the more eager fans probably got caught by bans in the crossfire.

As for the price cut, I don't really think it's enough. They need to be a lot more aggressive with deals here if they want to remain competitive.

Biker19

Banned
This is your quote.

Exactly.

What Raymaker's failing to realize, is that it's not because that the casuals care about having better graphics (because they don't) or "propaganda" of why people are buying PS4's, it's because Microsoft fucked up most of their goodwill & that Sony has better mindshare/perception with the PS4, that PS4 was mostly built as a gaming machine (just like Microsoft with the Xbox 360), & because that a lot of people are buying PS4's for the potential of bigger gaming libraries & feel that PS4 is the better gaming machine when it comes to playing games, just like with Xbox 360.

RayMaker

Banned
This is your quote.

Lol why are cherry picking bits from my post to suit your stance?

Here are some more quotes from the same post clearly showing that I dont think there is a PS4 propaganda machine

they see on the internet PS4 is better for whatever reason or has sold better and they see negativity over X1 without really understanding the reasoning behind it

I'm not saying the positive press is manufactured, the PS4 does have graphical advantages but I think if the customers really new how the differences would effect there games they would not be so easily swayed by the press and word of mouth.

Exactly.

What Raymaker's failing to realize, is that it's not because that the casuals care about having better graphics (because they don't) or "propaganda" of why people are buying PS4's, it's because Microsoft fucked up most of their goodwill & that Sony has better mindshare/perception with the PS4, that PS4 was mostly built as a gaming machine (just like Microsoft with the Xbox 360), & because that a lot of people are buying PS4's for the potential of bigger gaming libraries & feel that PS4 is the better gaming machine when it comes to playing games, just like with Xbox 360.

again here is another quote from that post

MS did not have the best launch which has given it a bad image amongst the casuals

Top Bottom