• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut to £399 in the UK, includes free copy of Titanfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy Duck

"But moving forwards if you think about what I think are the three hottest games of the year to come, Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny, the only place you're going to be able to play all three of those games is on Xbox One"

What about on 360?

I imagine they mean on next gen console hardware.

They gave away Fifa free in uk at launch, now Titanfall. Can't say they ain't trying.

Wish I waited, I paid full price few weeks ago and got no games free.

Skeff

"But moving forwards if you think about what I think are the three hottest games of the year to come, Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny, the only place you're going to be able to play all three of those games is on Xbox One"

What about on 360?

360 doesn't exist anymore, and also they should have a little * next to watchdogs and destiny then a little note saying not all content will be available on Xbox one.

PR gunna PR

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

What about on 360?

Almost sounds like a "Major Nelson's Fun Facts™" candidate.

Jburton

Banned
399 is still too much for a machine with a second class spec in comparison to its competitor.

Also it launched with a free game in the UK at 429, all they have done is dropped £30 off the price .......... still need to pay for Gold.

Dabanton

Good move from MS you have what's looking like the must have game for the next couple of months coming in a few weeks. May as well try to drive that.

Now how about an ambassador program MS..

Skeff

Hmm, interesting.

I'm not sure it's enough to 'catch up' with the PS4, but it'll certainly keep 'em in the race.

Nah won't catch PS4, Everyone knows the PS4 "is more powerful" (even if they don't understand the specs) and Kinect isn't that much of a value add for the majority of people who are paying £350+ for a console, we're still in the hardcore/dudebro region, dancing mums won't start picking up a console until were at sub £200, then Kinect becomes important.

Doffen

this is really crazy..

Xbox One hasn´t even launched in Tier 2+ regions.. and allready a permanent pricecut..

The more crazy thing is that Microsoft doesn't seem bothered with the fact that Tier 2 countries will miss out on Titanfall. No amount of price cuts can fix that.

Prine

Banned
Great bundle, great games currently - This is an awesome move. That all important price barrier is under £400! This will sell... UK gamers are more obsessed with COD style games then US,

Dougald

Good idea from MS really, price cuts are needed in the UK

Would be nice to see some sort of gesture for early adopters though, like Nintendo did with the Ambassador stuff for the 3DS

Burger

How much is the price cut decision driven by Xbox One's current sales performance in the UK?

It's not driven necessarily by our sales performance. In fact, we're very happy with our sales performance. Xbox One has been the most successful Xbox launch we've ever done. I think we've seen both consoles be very successful in the UK commercially. I think that's great for the industry.

But this is an announcement that's linked to giving the best possible value we can to our fans. The reason we're doing this now is because Titanfall is coming and it seems like the right moment in time to offer an improved price point with the inclusion of the hottest game.

Haha.

What about on 360?

That's some grimy PR word salad right there. Referring to them as a trio to make it seem like all 3 are bone-exclusive just because Titanfall isn't on PS4.

Man

What about on 360?
I'm not sure if them making that statement helps or not. Ordinary gamers will instantly be reminded that 'oh yeah... Watch Dogs & Destiny superior versions will be elsewhere'.

Griss

That's pretty much price parity with PS4 now, considering the bundled game.

Pretty damn fast for a price drop, but they need to make moves now if they're to have any chance in the UK or Europe at large. Europe is probably already lost, to be honest. Titanfall had better be good, is all I'll say.

Feel bad for the early adopters, as always.

BhPs3MkCYAAkJba.png:large

The more crazy thing is that Microsoft doesn't seem bothered with the fact that Tier 2 countries will miss out on Titanfall. No amount of price cuts can fix that.

They're loading their guns for US/UK, it seems. Crazy, but they're bunkering down at their previous successful regions.

Vashetti

Banned
So if they're still making profit at £399 then they must have had crazy margins at the £429 price.

Interesting move. As others have said it almost matches the price of the PS4 with one game.

I'm not sure if them making that statement helps or not. Ordinary gamers will instantly be reminded that 'oh yeah... Watch Dogs & Destiny superior versions will be elsewhere'.
Well their useless PR talk hasn't helped them with the Xbox One thus far. They really just need to be honest because the average gamer knows Watch Dogs and Destiny are coming to PS4 (they advertise it in stores for God's sake) so they might assume from this association that Titanfall is too.

Titanfall 2 definitely will be, anyway

Jburton

Banned
That's some grimy PR word salad right there. Referring to them as a trio to make it seem like all 3 are bone-exclusive just because Titanfall isn't on PS4.

Better still, those three games will have better versions on other platforms .......... Destiny and Watchdogs will be better on PS4 and Titanfall is better on even moderately old PC hardware.

Zaph

Wonder how much this has to do with their EA deal? I can't imagine Andrew Wilson being stupid enough to just accept a cash sum for Titanfall exclusivity, so there is probably some clause should sales figures not be met.

I wouldn't be surprised the EA deal forced MS's hand on an early price cut on the bundle. It sounds ridiculous, but EA has a history of strong-arming Xbox. Remember OG Xbox Live? No EA multiplayer support until the Live network was opened up to EA. They're savvy when it comes to desperate platform owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom