• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One release EU delay explained - there are no manufacturing problems, insists MS

Billen

Banned
Loyalty

Politics

PR

Money

Those are some of the things people tend to think about when considering the truth of what they are being told.

malfcn

It is getting to be tiresome reading the same negative comments in every Xbox thread. Thanks Albert for being as honest as possible.

KHarvey16

The truth? What truth? The truth for now is that launch is delayed in over a third of the countries originally planned, and that the official reason is because of kinect localization stuff, which makese no sense because of countries like switzerland and portugal.

Did you read what's actually covered when they say localization? Constantly bringing up language as a way to debunk this suggests you have not.

ekim

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/29/xbo...-shipping-volumes-are-incorrect-says-penello/

However, in a statement to VG247 today, Microsoft’s senior director of product management and planning Albert Penello said, “That report is incorrect. We have not lowered shipping volumes, and are actually seeing better than expected yields from our silicon. We just returned from gamescom where we showed the overwhelming majority of content on Xbox One near-final hardware. We also just rolled out a widespread employee beta and remain on track for a November launch this year.”

You come off as a very humble and sincere man Allbert. Every time I read through the inevitable hostile and downright disrespectful responses to some of your posts I sit and think about how I would take it if it where me.

Then you post again.

I love your sense of humility and while all people have my respect until they lose it, like many here have, you have gained quite a bit more in my eyes, never change my friend.

JABEE

You come off as a very humble and sincere man Allbert. Every time I read through the inevitable hostile and downright disrespectful responses to some of your posts I sit and think about how I would take it if it where me.

Then you post again.

I love your sense of humility and while all people have my respect until they lose it, like many here have, you have gained quite a bit more in my eyes, never change my friend.
It's not about hostility. He is acting as a PR rep. People are questioning him. He gives interviews to the press.

He comes on here to do his job just like when Major Nelson posts on reddit or the "anonymous" Xbox Dev posts something. He is on here to shape the perception of his product.

EvB

It's not about hostility. He is acting as a PR rep. People are questioning him. He gives interviews to the press.

He comes on here to do his job just like when Major Nelson posts on reddit or the "anonymous" Xbox Dev posts something. He is on here to shape the perception of his product.

I'd say he was just very passionate about product. He has already stated he has never been given permission to post the things he does.

Raist

Banned
Did you read what's actually covered when they say localization? Constantly bringing up language as a way to debunk this suggests you have not.

I've read the backpedalling yes.

Originally clearly mentioned as voice recognition and language issues, later "clarified" as being broader than this, including Live, Apps etc. In countries which have had Live support for ages. Right.

EvB

I've read the backpedalling yes.

Originally clearly mentioned as voice recognition and language issues, later "clarified" as being broader than this, including Live, Apps etc. In countries which have had Live support for ages. Right.

You think the apps translate themselves?

What about the reams of works documents and instructions that customer services will use in each country?

What about the IT systems they use?

It's a fucking insane job they have to undertake. It's probably one of the reasons other large Conpanies like Apple, have to do worldwide launches that miss a whole heap of countries.

JABEE

I'd say he was just very passionate about product. He has already stated he has never been given permission to post the things he does.
Microsoft is aware that he posts here. He posted a picture of the Microsoft team saying "Hi to Neogaf" through his account.

There is nothing wrong with that, but he isn't some loose cannon giving you truth that hasn't been hasn't been put through the filter of Microsoft's PR machine. In the short period of time between the time Albert brought up the Xbox FCC certification, Major Nelson released the same information about being ready "before Sony."

That isn't some evil thing, but it isn't off-the-cuff. It's a controlled release of information.

Top Bottom