• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Thread: The S is for Sexy

etta

my hard graphic balls
You'll see a bunch more technical details soon.
fq4bwud1nf2abcdwlzd2.gif

MrBenchmark

Not a dumb question, but no it's 5400. In this case the benefits did not outweigh the costs. An external HDD is still, overall, the best for load times.

since you are here can you answer this?

do the new controllers use a different or more durable material for the LB RB buttons the one piece plastic assembly in current controller breaks rather easily i have replaced my Lunar and my elite LB RB several times. i felt different in the microsoft store and i see the top cover is different any input you could share.

muzzymate

Question: Does the HDMI-in able to accept and properly pass a 4k source (from a TiVo Bolt, for example) or is the HDMI-in limited to 1080p?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Screenshot taken when the system is set to 4K are stored in 1080p.

It'll upscale all content (including games) to 4K if you want it.
The store I bought mine at only received 2 units.

Seems to be a bit smoothed or blurred on the 4K shot if you zoom in, especially on some areas with aliasing.

pswii60

That black section makes its size (probably intentionally) very deceptive.
Indeed it's a clever design, I think I looks great. Almost regret cancelling my preorder now but I think I'm still going to hold out until Scorpio before jumping back in to Xbox.

CpRBe

Neo Member
Quick question :

I have a Xbox One Elite with a USB HDD for games and i have also a 4K TV but no HDR.

Should i upgrade to the Xbox One S ? I really love the design :)

Thanks in advance ;)

Quick question :

I have a Xbox One Elite with a USB HDD for games and i have also a 4K TV but no HDR.

Thanks in advance ;)

You can still watch UHD Blu-rays with your TV so it might still be worth it. I'd wait for some performance tests before upgrading, though.

Quick question :

Thanks in advance ;)
Yes if you care about watching UHD media right now (your choices are somewhat limited right now but improving by the month).

Only if you really care about UHD though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Secret built in mic for cortana voice commands would be nice. Or selling a separate S styled USB mic would be fine too.

Also HDMI-CEC, and bit streaming of HD audio

Tall Paul

Agh..really hoping we get uk dates for the 500GB & 1TB this week, had mine on pre order for a while and teetering on the edge of going 2TB because of early newness...that's a thing right!?

Hawk269

A little disappointed about the internal 5400 hdd. This is a limited edition launch version, should of had at least a ssHD like the Elite console did.

Quick question :

Thanks in advance ;)

This is the reason you bought your 4k tv. I would say yes.

Ascenion

Alrighty I'm prepared for the One S. I just dropped more than I expected on this TV, but I'm pretty sure it will meet my needs. It's being delivered tomorrow afternoon in time for my Xbox One S.

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
Agh..really hoping we get uk dates for the 500GB & 1TB this week, had mine on pre order for a while and teetering on the edge of going 2TB because of early newness...that's a thing right!?

I've heard early September being bandied around from talking to various people.

DirtyLarry

Proof that mixing in white equipment with black electronics is aesthetically pleasing.

American_Psycho.jpg
If by white you mean silver, yeah, perhaps.

Using American Pyscho as an example of when black and white furniture can look good is the exact reason I said I am not a big fan. Shit just seems so 80's to me. Then again I was alive then to know this, so that could also play a factor in things.

Back OT, I am actually getting a little nervous reading all of these stock issues. I technically did not preorder but was told I would get one. Hope it winds up being true.

naitosan

Just pre ordered 500gb model with Halo bundle. Couldn't resist, this thing is sexy.

I'm wondering if you can set XB1 to display 4k, then downscale to 1080p on 1080p TV?

Rockeeo

Just pre ordered 500gb model with Halo bundle. Couldn't resist, this thing is sexy.

I'm wondering if you can set XB1 to display 4k, then downscale to 1080p on 1080p TV?

Probably not. I don't think a 1080p TV can accept a 4k signal.

Colbert

Banned

Downsampling only works if you natively render your frames in a higher resolution like 4K. The Xbox One S is just upscalig from 1080p (and below) to 4K, so there isn't any downsampling effect there. In fact I believe it would make the frame quality worse!

Welfare

Top Bottom