• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Thread: The S is for Sexy

ctfg23

I purchased through Amazon. How did you get the code?

Which country are you taking about buying in?

I'm in the US. I bought the 1 TB Madden bundle a little over a week ago and then 2 days ago I got this email

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order ###-#######-####### entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Promotion details:
Additional information on this offer can be found here

The Amazon Video Games team thanks for your purchase of "Xbox One S." Use the provided code to redeem a free copy of Fallout 4 - Xbox One.

To redeem your offer, add Fallout 4 to your cart and promotional code will be reflected at check-out.

Fallout 4 must be redeemed by 12/31/16
The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2016. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

So I added FO4 to my cart and during checkout the promotion was applied, making the total $0.00. I didn't even know this was a promotion and can't find any mention of it on the site. The link in the email claiming to provide more details just redirects to the Halo 500 GB bundle.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm in the US. I bought the 1 TB Madden bundle a little over a week ago and then 2 days ago I got this email

So I added FO4 to my cart and during checkout the promotion was applied, making the total $0.00. I didn't even know this was a promotion and can't find any mention of it on the site. The link in the email claiming to provide more details just redirects to the Halo 500 GB bundle.

Ah thanks for the info! Hope you enjoy FO4 :)

leng jai

Can you use an external HDD simultaneously with the Xbone and other devices? As in, can I store data from PC and Xbone at the same time or does it have to be dedicated?

TheZink

Can you use an external HDD simultaneously with the Xbone and other devices? As in, can I store data from PC and Xbone at the same time or does it have to be dedicated?
I don't think so. When your first hook it up you have to format it to the Xbox.

bill0527

I traded my launch Xbox one in a 500gb S tonight and the A button on my new controller is a little sticky. I thought I remembered reading something about this. It's quite annoying. Any options out there other than returning the whole system for another one?

I traded my launch Xbox one in a 500gb S tonight and the A button on my new controller is a little sticky. I thought I remembered reading something about this. It's quite annoying. Any options out there other than returning the whole system for another one?
This literally just happened to me as well. My A button is sticking, just bought a 500gb yesterday.

Curious about this as well.

Jzero

Damn, battery life is shit on this controller.

I think it drains a lot faster when using the headphone jack

Hawk269

I am not sure if anyone else experienced this issue, but shortly after I bought my launch Xbox One S 2tb version, I was watching some UHD movies. Almost all of them worked great, except Batman vs. Superman. When watching this particular movie the black letter box bars were a light black, not inky black like with my Samsung UHD player. I even tested it on another 4k set I had and the same thing.

I reported it to Albert P. via PM back then and he said he would look into it for me. Never heard anything back (I know the guy is busy), but they fixed the issue. I know someone else said they had the same issue, but others said they did not have it. Not sure what it is that they found, but I had a update to the blu ray player app and now when playing this movie, it looks proper and letterbox blacks are pure black and image looks great. It was weird, but it was only this movie out of the 10 or so that I have had this issue. Anyways, just wanted to report in and thank Albert and the team for fixing this.

So anyone can hear their HDD all the time when on Dashboard or Netflix?
I tried to make a video but all I can record is the fan working.
I can hear it at 3m away from the tv. I cant unhear it and my store wouldnt let mr exchange it..

Theorry

No pics of the grey version yet???

126237.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Has anyone experienced issues with the S fan?

Picked up an S yesterday but the fan seems.. loud. Definitely louder than my OG One. Almost sounds like the fan is scraping on something?

Footos22

Picked up an S yesterday but the fan seems.. loud. Definitely louder than my OG One. Almost sounds like the fan is scraping on something?

That'll be a defective unit. There is quite a few reports of that happening. Mines super silent.

EmiPrime

Why cant they make a black one?

Then you don't get the two tone thing.

The wow factor still hasn't worn off for me. Sometimes I catch myself just staring at mine.

Yeah mine does that too. I need to get a replacement sorted.

hwy_61

Banned

Then you don't get the two tone thing.

The wow factor still hasn't worn off for me. Sometimes I catch myself just staring at mine.

Yeah mine does that too. I need to get a replacement sorted.

Y'all need to be calling Microsoft

f@luS

More than a member.
Can anyone test 5.1 Dd or dts with a sound test from a Blu-ray ?

I have an issue which I have none on PS4

Front left right and center are ok. Rear left makes a soft noise or front left as well , as rear right with front right. Using the same test (any Pixar movie or Disney wow ) for PS4 is flawless. Not very disturbing but more like curiously annoying

KyleCross

Hey, I seem to remember when they were first showing this thing off that there were tiny little icons of characters in the holes on the system. I sure don't see them.

Lady Gaia

The grey really is gorgeous, preferable to yet another black box from my perspective. Microsoft really has done a lot of things right with the Xbox One S.

acksman

wow, just got my free Kinect adapter, thanks MS!

wow, the kinect adapter needs to be plugged into mains ha?!? boo MS!

Yup goes to show you how much they want this thing gone. Also wonder how much it contributed to the large power brick on the OG Box 1.

Can pick them up in the UK for about £10 per 4-pack. Then you don't have to mess about with a cable in your way whilst playing.
I see they're being sold for about 28 euros here including the charger. No charger bundle on Amazon UK unfortunately, or I could take advantage of your lovely pound exchange rate racing to the bottom.

I'll check them out, cheers!

Felensis

Banned
GAF in about 30mins I'm going to get one of the last Xbox One S 2TB packs from a local retailer with Forza Horizon 3 and Recore. Gears 4 will follow later this week. Can't wait to get my hands on this sexy beast!

Any 4K reference recommendations? I've heard Deadpool and Revenant are best quality 4K/HDR material?

I have a Sony 4K TV X8505C. Anybody with the same? Does it fulfill the One S requirements for 4K/HDR?

Ashtrax

Any 4K reference recommendations? I've heard Deadpool and Revenant are best quality 4K/HDR material?

I have a Sony 4K TV X8505C. Anybody with the same? Does it fulfill the One S requirements for 4K/HDR?

X850C owner as well, it works great. Various forums point to leaving the HDR settings as is for best visual appearance.

As for 4K movies, Revenant is probably the most mindblowing I've seen. Check blu-ray.com as they have reviews and individual forum threads for each release. Personally I liked TMNT: Out of the Shadows and WarCraft, but I'll also point to Mad Max and BvS: Dawn of Justice. What I really can't wait for though is Pacific Rim, that will hopefully be amazing.

Top Bottom