• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One September Update Preview

rob305

Dayummm Microsoft are on a roll here. Went to system settings and hit update console. Downloading update now (east coast)

hwalker84

Need that friends tab!!! Really REALLY need the TV streaming to Smartglass. Media app for me will be amazing when it supports DLNA.

arhra

Yeah same here. WTF is this? How can we have the September update with a main part of the August update not in there?

It was never meant to be part of the general-release August update:

Expanded Friends area on Home: Right from Home, see what’s going on with your friends. Stay up-to-date with their current activity, the top trending games your friends are playing, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore. We’re doing an extended preview on this, rolling it into the early access preview this month to a subset of our preview audience so we can refine it until it’s ready for the entire Xbox One market.

Yeah same here. WTF is this? How can we have the September update with a main part of the August update not in there?

umm the friends tab is not releasing in august for public. they specifically mentioned the feature was for a future update and was limited to a certain number of people in the preview program

SOYZUKI

Banned
So they region locked the 'Xbox on' voice command feature?? Fuck me! That's the only thing I wanted to use Kinect for essentially (aside from it replying "welcome home Batman"). Also I've enabled automatic updates - which never EVER worked. AND... To purchase and install a game via mobile app would be nice, like how you can with Steam.

P.S. I still think the 360 UI was better.

Wizman23

Banned
I'm also having audio issues while watching TV with the 1409 update. Audio is very choppy and it sounds like I have a loose speaker wire (which I don't ).

Dlacy13g

Part of me wonders if MS would have been better off making "xbox on" command "xbox turn on". I get its too similar to "xbox turn off" but given its basically just a toggle command would it matter if you could use either "xbox turn on" or "xbox turn off" to do the same thing? I say this because I feel like the added word might be helpful in wake up mode.

NickFire

Bandwidth usage and stream are pretty cool. I know bandwidth is a novelty but it's still interesting. Stream should allow football on the can right?

mcrommert

Banned
Boot to TV in this update? The will make the wife extremely happy!

Now we only need to get the Xbox One Media Remote if we need to access Amazon, Youtube, or HBO-oh-no...

Get the remote...my wife loves it and it is very much worth it...will eat batteries though so do rechargable

So before this update "Xbox on" had stopped working entirely...now its scary good...like the Xbox is actually running good

Bandwidth usage and stream are pretty cool. I know bandwidth is a novelty but it's still interesting. Stream should allow football on the can right?

It's currently only available to users in Europe. Microsoft needs to cut deals with local cable companies before we'll get it here in the US.

Holy fuck

So i updated my box and now my tv video is weird. It feels like, and forgive me i am not tech savy, but it looks like my tv video is running at a lower hz. Like it looks slower and a tad granier.

Going to try hard reset after looking at settings for box xb1 and cable box

If a hard reset fails, first go into settings and make sure you didn't turn on the 50 Hz option, or the update accidentally turned that on or something.

If that doesn't do anything, then go into the OneGuide settings and reset TV settings. You'll have to go through TV setup again, but that may fix it.

If all else fails, be sure to report the issue to MS so they are aware of it and hopefully fix soon.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Holy fuck. I'm in 1409. Downloading now.

Finally I get Xbox on.

2GB update that was faster than the normal 400MB updates lol.

Is it me or games and apps are loading faster? Specially snapped apps when a game is running.

Love the new party app, much better for entering into someone's game.

I put a USB drive in and it prompted me to download the Media player. It worked flawlessly with all types of files and voice commands worked too......Awesome!

muzzymate

Get the remote...my wife loves it and it is very much worth it...will eat batteries though so do rechargable

I got it whenever it first came out & love it! Son bit the top of the remote (smart kid, huh?) & popped out the Xbox "home" button. Still use the remote daily. Haven't had to replace the batteries yet. Should probably get another one - pressing into the hole where the home button use to be to activate the contact makes my finger sore.

muzzymate

I put a USB drive in and it prompted me to download the Media player. It worked flawlessly with all types of files and voice commands worked too......Awesome!

Can confirm. Inserted a 2GB USB stick. The toast said the voice activation command is "Xbox, browse media" when you pop it in and I was taken to the store page to download. App downloaded and launches as expected.

I have the update, but is causing some errors. I did it twice already. If it does it again, I'm going to try and record it. I was playing Peggle 2 for an hour or so and went straight to BF2. After 20 mins or so, I got booted to the dashboard. This also happen when I was playing Spartan Assault and went straight to Crimson Dragon. It could be just a weird glitch that I'm just noticing now.

hlhbk

Can confirm. Inserted a 2GB USB stick. The toast said the voice activation command is "Xbox, browse media" when you pop it in and I was taken to the store page to download. App downloaded and launches as expected.

Give us DLNA already. /sigh

Whogie

Okay, will do right now. I cant even select 50hz. My tv isnt compatible (which i dont understand. I thought my plasma supported a high hz).

50Hz is a PAL (EU) standard. If you're in NA, you're running at 60Hz and don't have to fiddle with that.

Report your TV issue with Feedback. I got an audio issue after the update, so you're not alone in that something broke.

Edit: Got it after unplugging/re-plugging the USB key. Sweet!

Just tried my own Blu-ray MKV rip with multiple AC3 audio tracks and PGS subs. The file said it was unsupported. I'll try something more simple.

Interesting addition I believe is the devices and accessories section in settings. You can manually set controllers and likely manage DLnA from here at some point.

cookienut

Banned
Could someone with the update and a multichannel receiver test if an mkv with dolby digital/dts or dolby/dts hd formats play in 5.1 instead of the X1 down mixing to stereo?

Edit - oh wait...they said mkv support was coming later. My bad. Would still be interesting to see if it works.

Top Bottom