• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

etta

my hard graphic balls
How exactly do I share a video that I edited ??? I'd love to out some E3 hype gifs (converted to video) onto my Activity Feed.
I think you have to be on the Windows 10 preview build for that to work as well right now.

malfcn

Hey Cortana, mute!
You can see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Out of the Shadows in a Theater right now.

What the...lol

Xbudz

I think you have to be on the Windows 10 preview build for that to work as well right now.

I am on the Windows 10 preview build. I'm just not sure what the steps are, I couldn't see any option to attach or share an edited video. Hmm

Lucifon

I got the message but when I go to the app there's no option to enroll for the latest version, just the current one which says enrolled. Any ideas?

Bsigg12

Maybe it's just me but I read that as invites to actually join the new experience, not receive the new update?

I think it might just be you as the context was people asking when will they receive the update they registered last week.

Cortana rolls off the tongue so much easier than Xbox. I know that sounds weird, but it really does make it easier for voice commands, combined with the fact that it actually understands me now. Unlike before where i had to yell Xbox in order for it to start hearing me, and then it would still get it wrong. This new update is cool.

UraMallas

I just had an annoying bug. I brought up Cortana for something (and she still wouldn't go away) but then from then on the 'listening sound' for lack of a better word kept playing over everything I did. I turned it off and turned it back on and it STILL did it. I had to hard reset to get it to stop.

I just had an annoying bug. I brought up Cortana for something (and she still wouldn't go away) but then from then on the 'listening sound' for lack of a better word kept playing over everything I did. I turned it off and turned it back on and it STILL did it. I had to hard reset to get it to stop.

I think I saw that listed in the preview app as a known bug they're working on.

Does anyone know what the syntax is to get Cortana to switch to a certain channel?

I tried "Hey Cortana, watch Disney Junior" (Don't judge, 3 year old... Doc McStuffins4lyfe) and she just Bing'd Disney Jr. I tried watch "channel number" and it did the same thing. Other commands seem to work great (almost flawlessly), even in a somewhat noisy environment.

Figured I was just saying something wrong like "play" instead of "launch" or something.

MaulerX

There's a bunch of us that got invites last week that still haven't gotten in. It may be a few days for those who just got invited.

This. I got the invite last week and opted in as soon as I got the message. Sad trombone so far for me.

darthbob

Not sure if it's been answered, but I registered myself in the Preview app for the "Latest Experience", afterward there was a message on screen explaining that my account should be accepted prior to the next wave.

Has that been everyone else's experience so far?

jond76

Banned
Not sure if it's been answered, but I registered myself in the Preview app for the "Latest Experience", afterward there was a message on screen explaining that my account should be accepted prior to the next wave.

Similar. I went to the Preview app and while in the app poking around I got the Live message about it being preview time again. I changed my status to "latest experience" and got the same message. That was yesterday afternoon. Nothing yet.

Moa

Similar. I went to the Preview app and while in the app poking around I got the Live message about it being preview time again. I changed my status to "latest experience" and got the same message. That was yesterday afternoon. Nothing yet.

6HyDYS2.png

So you guys for a further message after this one?

Moa

AQO1MEt.png

Any minute now?

EDIT: This guy isn't an MS employee, I don't think. Take with a grain of salt.

Bessy67

I feel like the turn on command should be "Hey Cortana, wake up" instead of "Hey Cortana, Xbox on". It would sound a lot more natural and also be more in line with the "Hey Cortana, go to sleep" turn off command.

AQO1MEt.png

Any minute now?

EDIT: This guy isn't an MS employee, I don't think. Take with a grain of salt.

If he's not with MS he's closely related. He has like 1000 more preview points than the #2 person, so he's been testing with them for a long while.

Bsigg12

I feel like the turn on command should be "Hey Cortana, wake up" instead of "Hey Cortana, Xbox on". It would sound a lot more natural and also be more in line with the "Hey Cortana, go to sleep" turn off command.

Send some feedback! I think, especially with the Cortana commands, getting things implemented that feel natural or just better will be something that team watches closely.

etta

my hard graphic balls
No one on Reddit nor GAF has claimed they got the update in the past hour or so, so wave might not have started yet. Ybarra probably forgot to set the timer when he left work QQ.

Could be some big bugs they discovered and are fixing them before the next roll-out.

I seem to remember something like that happening last time.

Bsigg12

The update is forced tomorrow for the first wave so we could see it rolled out to more tomorrow. The idea that they have already found some issues is also very possible.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
The hell's going on, not a single soul has mentioned they got the update tonight.

etta take a walk outside,fire up Halo. Play few rounds. Do things rather than waiting, update will come eventually :)

Synth

"Answering a question sent 100x to me: New invites for the Xbox Preview builds will go out every day + ramp up each day. Between 5-6PM PST!"

New invites would just be the opt in stuff that you guys already got though. It doesn't say new waves of the update will be pushed every day.

Moa

"Answering a question sent 100x to me: New invites for the Xbox Preview builds will go out every day + ramp up each day. Between 5-6PM PST!"
Did you read what you just posted?

Invites, as in the message people get to opt-in.

Top Bottom