• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

arhra

Regarding Dolby Atmos, some guy on reddit is claiming that there seems to be an issue with the implementation that may be impacting how effectively it's working.

Specifically, he seems to be suggesting that the frontal speakers aren't being rendered in front of the listener, but instead downmixed to plain stereo, so they sound like they're directly left/right of you, with centered sounds appearing to be "inside your head" rather than directly in front of you (if you've ever listed to music or anything with strong stereo panning through headphones, you should be familiar with what he's talking about there).

So Dolby isn't exactly working correctly right now. From his testing, Windows Sonic is locating sounds correctly, so if you want functional virtual surround sound right now, that's the one to go with.

He's apparently reported it to Brad Rosetti (the guy who runs the Inside program), who has in turn passed it on to the audio team, who're aware of the issue and working with Dolby to solve it.

Hexer06

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but are ppl still having problems with installing games? I couldn't even sign in this morning. Have to wait til after work to see if it's fixed. I am in alpha preview so wondering if that's the cause. Just know ppl were having issues with stuff last night.

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but are ppl still having problems with installing games? I couldn't even sign in this morning. Have to wait til after work to see if it's fixed. I am in alpha preview so wondering if that's the cause. Just know ppl were having issues with stuff last night.

I'm in the alpha ring and my Xbox has refused to download and install Rime.

link1201

New update for alpha ring.

DETAILS
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1706.170526-2218
Available: 2:00PM PDT 5/30 (9:00PM GMT 30/5)
NEW FEATURES:
Welcome to 1706 on Xbox One! This month we’re rolling out more fan-requested improvements, new features for Mixer, and much more!
NOTE: Not all planned features for the 1706 update are available at this time.
When a signed in user is selected in the Guide, the e-mail address associated with their account will now display under their profile, as well as on Home. This feature is enabled by default for adult accounts, and disabled for child accounts (child accounts will never see the e-mail address associated with their account displayed).
Adult accounts can disable this feature by navigating to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey.
• Co-streaming
You can now invite a friend to combine their game broadcast with yours! Sign in with an account that has an Xbox Live Gold subscription and invite a friend to your party. Once you’ve begun broadcasting your game from the Guide, you’ll be able to select “Invite party to co-stream” from the Party tab. Co-streaming is currently available only to Alpha Insiders, so we’d suggest using the Insider forums to sync up with other Alpha Insiders to test out this feature.
Learn more about co-streaming and other features new to Mixer here, and be sure to complete the “Invite to Co-Stream” Quest and Survey in the Xbox Insiders Hub to provide your feedback!
• Controller Linking
Signing into your Xbox account can now be done with a click of the Xbox button thanks to the new controller linking feature! You can now link an account to a specific controller by opening the Guide, navigating to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey and selecting the “This controller signs in…” option followed by “Link controller.” From there, test the feature out for yourself by signing out of your account and then turning your controller off and then back on. Find more detailed steps and provide your thoughts on this feature by accepting the “Link Your Controller” Quest in the Xbox Insiders Hub!
Learn more about co-streaming and other features new to Mixer here, and be sure to complete the “Invite to Co-Stream” Quest and Survey in the Xbox Insiders Hub to provide your feedback!
FIXES:
• Windows Sonic
Fixed an issue which could cause distorted sounds and audio glitches when Windows Sonic is enabled.
• Skype UWP
Fixed issues which could sometimes cause the Skype UWP to crash during use.
• Mixer
Fixed an issue which sometimes caused the virtual keyboard to lose focus (preventing text from being entered).
KNOWN ISSUES:
• Mixer
• After dismissing the virtual keyboard, attempting to relaunch the virtual keyboard may fail.
• When switching games while broadcasting with Mixer, the stream freezes and doesn't allow the user to close or restart the broadcast. Workaround: Restart the console.

Gek54

Controller linking doesn't seem to work with my TX wheel which would have been nice, one less pop up menu to deal with.

Anyone else with the new alpha build experiencing sustained tanking performance in games, which happens sporadically on its own, but can also be consistently produced by opening the guide? I get very similar hitching across both Overwatch, Halo 5 and a few other games. Sometimes the games even just crash.

I've also sometimes not gotten game audio while dashboard sound keep working, requiring a restart of the console.

I'll be sure to report it, but I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Ade

Anyone else with the new alpha build experiencing sustained tanking performance in games, which happens sporadically on its own, but can also be consistently produced by opening the guide? I get very similar hitching across both Overwatch, Halo 5 and a few other games. Sometimes the games even just crash.

I've also sometimes not gotten game audio while dashboard sound keep working, requiring a restart of the console.

I'll be sure to report it, but I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Dash audio still stutters for me. Halo 5 has massive performance issues if I bring up the scoreboard and if I try and use mixer to stream H5 it starts a saga of crashes and hitches that eventually locks the console up

Dash audio still stutters for me. Halo 5 has massive performance issues if I bring up the scoreboard and if I try and use mixer to stream H5 it starts a saga of crashes and hitches that eventually locks the console up

Same all around. I still get the the dashboard audio stuttering, even without Windows Sonic enabled (albeit to a lesser degree). Mixer has been a no go performance-wise (anything guide-related just prompts hitching and crashing). And I meant to say the console has also been crashing (during Overwatch and Halo 5) in addition to games crashing.

Top Bottom