• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Titanfall Special Edition Bundle announced. $499 at select retailers

Gestault

This not being a Titanfall branded console doesn't mean someone who posts that MS was internally kicking around a Titanfall-branded console is wrong. It means they ultimately decided (presumably for production capacity reasons) to use the same console but branded external packaging for the bundle :p

If we're using whether something might have once been considered as our evidence to substantiate an insider claim, I think we're watering down the whole point of leaked info.

No price drop for the US with the bundle but a price drop in the UK.

US customers should wait for the same price drop. Hope news spreads.

rokkerkory

Cboat posted in the UK thread fyi

• If MS's SDK isn't up to snuff by TF, TF will use it's own proprietary party chat system that will kick you out of live parties
  • final resoultion will for XB1 will be 720p not 792p
  • Final textures are alpha textures as cboat already said, standing by taht

Interesting so the final res will be lower than the beta res? Weird.

Well, the framerate was quite poor in the Beta once Titans were on the map. This would mean they were unable to find a solution to the framerate drops while maintaining the desired resolution.

Would be pretty sad if true.

I think it's maybe to do with the framerate stutter we had in parts of the beta, to remove it they most likely had to drop some stuff.

What they should do is have an option for a higher res if you felt the beta performance was ok with yourself, but developers seem to hate options.

El_Chino

• If MS's SDK isn't up to snuff by TF, TF will use it's own proprietary party chat system that will kick you out of live parties
  • Final textures are alpha textures as cboat already said, standing by that
Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

Mikey Jr.

Hmmm, cboat kinda going out on a limb here with the 720p comment. Not saying its true or not true, but it is something that we will find out in just a few weeks, and can easily say "see cboat was wrong/right!"

Anyways, dropping down the res. I dont get it. Why would respawn bump it up to 792p? Didn't they play the game on the xbone? They would have seen if it wasn't up to their standards.

Ambassador program or bust Microsoft....

pretty much this. it's not about the customer being entitled, it's about MS doing the right thing and rewarding their loyal customers.

hey if sales are low and your looking to boost them, by all means throw TF into the box but don't leave the early adopters out of the loop because "they enjoyed 3 months of XB1 already".

If this is true and the final build is 720p then who at Respawn gets held accountable for all of the statements last week that the final build would be closer to 900p?

Also what was the point of having the beta run at 792p is you're just going to drop that down for the final build? have there been many games where the beta ends up having a higher resolution than the full, complete game?

Hmmm, cboat kinda going out on a limb here with the 720p comment. Not saying its true or not true, but it is something that we will find out in just a few weeks, and can easily say "see cboat was wrong/right!"

Anyways, dropping down the res. I dont get it. Why would respawn bump it up to 792p? Didn't they play the game on the xbone? They would have seen if it wasn't up to their standards.

It seemed odd to use a non-standard resolution to begin with, I wouldn't be surprised if they were hoping to get to 900p but couldn't make it without heavy framerate problems and thus decided on 720p

Or with the beta having framerate issues with multiple titans on the map, they turned down the resolution to improve performance

Resolution drop isn't that surprising, alpha texture claim is far more surprising

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Also what was the point of having the beta run at 792p is you're just going to drop that down for the final build? have there been many games where the beta ends up having a higher resolution than the full, complete game?

I swear I've heard of this happening before, I just can't think of any examples. But it has happened, I think.

Gestault

I really hope Cboat is on-base here, just because if not, it was a really specific piece of bad info. I don't want another "new Prince of Persia game" that's actually a Halo trailer.

I'm an Xbox One owner. I don't care. I traded in a launch title and will be getting Titanfall for $20 anyway.

I don't understand why people are so salty over this. When Sony or MS do a "Holiday bundle" that includes free games, nobody is this upset or indignant. Nobody says that Sony "doesn't take care of their customers" because they start bundling in a copy of The Last of Us with new systems.
Dunno about the salty people; maybe they just miss their pepper.

But this isn't about that; it's about MS feeling XBO may be in enough trouble sales-wise to make a bundle with their most hyped game of the Spring/Summer right as it's coming out, and after the system's been out no longer than 3 or so months. And the other part is there are people denying it has anything to do with bad sales; it absolutely has to do with bad sales, it just doesn't look like an obvious desperate measure because it's not a price cut (in the U.S; it is one for the U.K tho).

It's the smartest thing they could've done to try and stop any downward trend in sales from taking root long-term, but they're not doing this from a position of strength. It's the most clever way to implicitly say "this console's in trouble" without looking weak.

Make no mistake, tho. System sales have to be in trouble (January AND February, I'm calling that right now) to then do this next month. Unfortunately it's just going to be a booster, not a game-changer.

Friction

It might not be a good idea to derail the thread with cboat talk. Two threads have been locked possibly because of it. A guy from RS offered to bet against any of the claims.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It might not be a good idea to derail the thread with cboat talk. Two threads have been locked possibly because of it. A guy from RS offered to bet against any of the claims.

Yup, looks like it's curtains for CBOAT. ;_;

That was a pretty awesome reply by Respawn too, hah.

tuna_love

Banned
I got a message last night "I had no idea this bundle was happening. It came out of nowhere."

Clearly they weren't planning it in december. And then January they had pretty shit sales but there was still nothing happening. Now it's happening. Conjecture here, but it has to be based off of their internal sales data.

But no, when i got my xb1 in december, no one knew there was going to be a TF bundle for the same price as the console. There was talk of the TF xb1 (that ntkrnl showed the mockup for) but that was going to cost $550... saving people $10, and for me personally i'm not into custom consoles like that. I'm into minimalism.
Shit sorry dude, didn't read you got yours in December.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
That was a pretty awesome reply by Respawn too, hah.
Sure, because it cast doubt on CBoat without actually officially confirming anything one way or another. It's all implied. Unless the RS staffer is going to take the ban bet regardless of what CB does...

When I played the beta, I saw A LOT of screen tearing. Perhaps this is how they got rid of that?

Hubble

The price needs to be dropped permanently and I think it will soon but in the meantime a lot of these bundles will happen. Maybe a Forza and Ryse bundle, a Halo 5 bundle, etc., etc.

E92 M3

As long as the final game doesn't look worse than the beta, I am happy lol.

Hubble

How come?

He is probably being sarcastic referring to how you can get banned for leaking false information.

Separately, Respawn themselves said there not using alpha textures for the final build and I just can't imagine them reneging on that. That would be a big screw up and something very easy to determine. Respawn isn't dumb and know their game.

He is probably being sarcastic referring to how you can get banned for leaking false information.

Separately, Respawn themselves said there not using alpha textures for the final build and I just can't imagine them reneging on that. That would be a big screw up. Respawn isn't dumb and know their game.

RIP cboat

As long as the final game doesn't look worse than the beta, I am happy lol.

yea, basically.

"Entitled Gamers" the thread...

Things drop in price all the time. So you bought the console before it went on sale? Whoopty-fucking-doo. Big deal. I bought the system at launch and don't feel the need to be enraged about any of this. Even if I bought the damn thing yesterday, I would just chalk it up as bad timing on my part and move on. Oh well...
This post reminded me why I usually disregard anyone that uses the word entitled. I'm amazed that you think if you bought a 500 dollar console within the last three months, a bundle is announced with the most anticipated game of the system at that same $500, it's somehow the customer's fault for not being able to read the future and waiting for the bundle. Three months after release.

Pure corporate apologist type of mindset.

Dead Man

This post reminded me why I usually disregard anyone that uses the word entitled. I'm amazed that you think if you bought a 500 dollar console within the last three months, a bundle is announced with the most anticipated game of the system at that same $500, it's somehow the customer's fault for not being able to read the future and waiting for the bundle. Three months after release.

Normally I hate when people use entitled, but when people moan about a price cut after they purchased something it is like yelling at the wind. Utterly stupid and pointless. Price cuts happen, sales happen. Store bending over so people don't lose out has set up some ridiculous expectations in this regard. If you were happy to pay the price for what you bought, it remains good value for you.

Yagharek

Normally I hate when people use entitled, but when people moan about a price cut after they purchased something it is like yelling at the wind. Utterly stupid and pointless. Price cuts happen, sales happen. Store bending over so people don't lose out has set up some ridiculous expectations in this regard. If you were happy to pay the price for what you bought, it remains good value for you.

Yep. Price cuts are reality now.

You can be disappointed if you paid more, but in this day and age you should be well used to price drops soon after any product launch.

weezer17

Banned

I agree with you. I bought Xbox one on day one for forza and dead rising. If someone said wait 3 months and you will get a month of Xbox live and titanfall for free, fuck yes I would have waited. My ps4 gets more use due to bf4 and Cod. This is a kick to the nuts by Microsoft and this will just cause people to not be early adopters.

NolbertoS

Still too expensive, I'll bite at 350 with free Titanfall. That said, early adopters shoulf get something. Imagine if most early adopters ha waited, then xbox one sales would've been lower or as low as Wii U sales and then bomba. By not helping early adopters, you're pretty much sauing goodbe to your pissed off market demograpic

People are complaining about this?

"I bought the Xbox One when it came out solely because of this game!" Then why not just wait until the game comes out to buy the system? As this shows, it's the smarter move. I can't believe people are complaining that a device that they bought changed price.its obvious and it happens all the time.

Am_I_Evil

I can't believe people are complaining that a device that they bought changed price.its obvious and it happens all the time.

I can't believe people are missing the point and thinking this is just about the price. It's about the timing. Had this happened a year from now with this/some other game no one would care. Happening this soon after launch is a slap in the face to the people who bought launch consoles.

weezer17

Banned
I can't believe people are missing the point and thinking this is just about the price. It's about the timing. Had this happened a year from now with this/some other game no one would care. Happening this soon after launch is a slap in the face to the people who bought launch consoles.

My point exactly. Everyone knows a price drop will happen but not this early.

Hubble

There releasing this bundle to experiment to what sells (if a bundle is good enough). If this bundle does not result in increased sales, a price drop will happen at e3.

Dead Man

You paid price x for the item. Was this price fair to you?

If yes, pipe down. If no, why did you buy it?

To be fair the writing was on the wall. As soon as Sony announced their price and then again when pre-orders were showing a huge lead for Sony, people were speculating that MS would have to drop their price. There have been non-stop rumors and speculation of price drops, bundles and Kinect deletion since the system was announced. Hell they had a free game bundled at launch. If you bought the system this month return it and order the bundle, if you bought it a month to 3 months ago, then you've had a next gen system for that much longer and presumably have enjoyed it. Was that worth $60? I would hope so.

There releasing this bundle to experiment to what sells (if a bundle is good enough). If this bundle does not result in increased sales, a price drop will happen at e3.

Microsoft's E3 will be dramatic even without a price drop. They know they have to a epic grand slam to change the narrative.

Top Bottom