• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Xbox One To Feature Go-Faster Stripes"

KalBalboa

Banned
Saw this and couldn't help but chuckle. Over at The Daily Pixel.

With the news that the Xbox One will be getting a 53MHz bump to its GPU speed having failed to impress gamers, an increasingly frantic Microsoft today revealed that the console would also feature go-faster stripes.

Speaking at a hastily arranged press conference, corporate vice-president Marc Whitten explained how the previously announced 6.62 per cent speed boost combined with the addition of go-faster stripes (available in red or navy blue) would ensure that the Xbox One remained a viable contender against the PS4.

Whitten said: “After I realised people were still worried about the capabilities of the console I called an emergency meeting of our senior engineers and demanded that they do something.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
You know what else makes it fast?

Spoiler warning

car-spoiler.gif

If this had been in The Onion, I would have given it a good laugh. Pretty good satire.

Edit: Looking at the website, it seems like that's mostly what they do. Not bad.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
“It was a tense meeting. They were all shouting at me, saying I couldn’t just keep making shit up as I went along, that I lacked a clear vision and that they couldn’t work under these sort of conditions.

“Suddenly someone yelled why not just add go-faster stripes and the room collapsed into laughter, I assume because they couldn’t believe they hadn’t thought of it earlier.

“Naturally I told them to implement it immediately.”

lol

Skerj

Everyone knows it's flame and/or lightning decals that make things go faster, do you want to win this Microsoft!?

PS4 only has one go faster stripe.

If Xbox One has multiple its over for Sony.

I await Digital Foundry to report whatever MS tells them THE FACTS about this latest development on the xbox one.

thuway

The ES RAM will allow for 4XMSAA + DX12 exclusive features + Screen Space Ray Tracing. SHAPE will take all audio processing and give the GPU 50% more headroom. Will equal a 4.9 TF Volcanic Islands AMD Dual APU Setup. Very clever MS.

Mister C Team / MisterXmedia told me this.

gngf123

The Daily Pixel is a comedy website featuring spoof & satirical news reports from the world of video games and technology.

Top Bottom