• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Video Clips to be Shared Via SkyDrive

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Nah, you can right click videos in Skydrive and it allows you to post them to various social sites. Facebook and Twitter being two of them. No need to download first.

so I'm assuming at that point SkyDrive needs "credential access" to those accounts. Still not perfect (and I am getting sick of everything asking for permission to access my facebook and twitter accounts) but yeah a little better than having to download them first.

Could be wrong but would they need deals to have direct upload with sites?

Sony has FB and will add Youtube and others down the line. I would rather have direct upload to be honest. MS used Skydrive as a workaround. Seems like you won't be able to upload to FB/YT unless you're on the PC.

PerZona

Skydrive is ok, but I still prefer using dropbox and Google Drive for my cloud storage services. Can't the Xbox One upload videos straight to Facebook like the PS4? And how long could the Xbox One record a video at once?

Klocker

Is that uploaded to YouTube? Or is that just a link to a public skydrive viewer?

Link to public skydrive viewer.... (or as mentioned above share with approved apps like facebook)

Or the file can be uploaded anywhere (youtube). And skydrive is synced to your pc too (windows 8 or if you have skydrive installed on pc in 7) and then you can drag drop file at will.

Haklong

I saw video clips on the new smartglass app for Ryse so those have to be somewhere right? Maybe you can share/upload clips direct to Xbox live but in order to share it with social media you have to do this Skydrive step? Or maybe there is a direct upload to Facebook. I guess we will find out later.

ICPEE

Any option is welcome. Nice feature by MS.

Also people need to stop getting so defensive when one disagree's.

NavNucST3

every Xbox one gets 5gb skydrive storage I believe

To follow-up on this, I was presented with a lovely "Your Skydrive is full, please free 30MB of space to upload this clip"

I'll need to decide if upgrading the skydive is worth it but at least they finally have a Mac app.

Top Bottom