• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Wireless Controller, Charge Kit and Chat Headset available for pre-order

Posted?

Already locked down your Day One Edition Xbox One order? Now's your chance to also reserve its initial batch of accessories (including that mono Chat Headset, which isn't included with the console). The Wireless Controller ($60), Play and Charge Kit ($25) and Chat Headset ($25) for the Xbox One have all popped up for pre-order at the Microsoft Store. The One's gamepad rings up at five bones more than the 360 variant, but it's also available as a $75 bundle with the Play and Charge Kit (roughly 10 dollars in savings). Joystiq notes that Gamestop and Amazon are also options, albeit only for the controller itself. If you plan to reserve any of the accessories, we'd suggest taking Microsoft's Dec 31st arrival date as a loose estimate -- the One releases in November and Amazon is pegging the controller for November 27th.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/27/xbox-one-wireless-controller-play-and-charge-kit-and-chat-heads/

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...parentCategoryID.64484500/categoryID.64724300

Not a really big fan of the Play and Charge kit. For 360 I have a charging dock and 2 batteries, and I just swap the battery when it's low. I'd much rather do this again than to be tethered to the console.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The track pad bit would make a great mouse to select games etc... I really hope it happens.

Muzy72

Banned
Absolutely ridiculous that MS can get away with charging an extra $25 for rechargeable batteries. The DualShock 4 and the XBone controller are both $60 but for XBone you need another $25 for rechargeable batteries. Disgusting.

netBuff

They said the data will go through USB when connected so I'm sure it will.

That's nothing special. What we need is a driver provided to Windows end-users - and no one knows whether one will be available at launch time (although I do expect them to release a driver eventually).

The track pad bit would make a great mouse to select games etc... I really hope it happens.

The PS4's DualShock 4 has a trackpad, not this controller.

R3TRODYCE

This is bullshit, I have to spend an additional 50 bucks on launch because they chose not to include this shit.

MCD

FqEDhoa.jpg

Charging your Xbox One controller will be done via mini-usb cable. No information yet on battery life of the controller, or charging time. The controller will take batteries in a new integrated battery compartment.

The new controller will also feature a low power state to help conserve battery life when it is not in use, so you can rest assured knowing that it won't be needlessly draining energy while watching a movie or when away from the console.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Controller

How is paying $25 to charge a wireless controller the same as DS3?

I was referring to the sync cable.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
That's nothing special. What we need is a driver provided to Windows end-users - and no one knows whether one will be available at launch time (although I do expect them to release a driver eventually).

The PS4's DualShock 4 has a trackpad, not this controller.

Yes. My bad. It's the alzheimer's kicking in...

Well that's only if you don't want to use your own rechargeable batteries for some reason.

Ah well, I apologise for not knowing, if it operates like the DS3 then I'm happy :)

Edit: I still don't like the idea of having batteries. Imagine having to pump new ones into your 3DS all the time.

shinnn

Wondering if there will be a wired controller with better rumble like the x360 one. Although I've read they improved the energy resources in this version.

Lima

Wondering if there will be a wired controller with better rumble like the x360 one. Although I've read they improved the energy resources in this version.

Since the controller is both wired and wireless, I don't think there will be a dedicated wired only version. Wouldn't make any sense really.

theytookourjobz

Since the controller is both wired and wireless, I don't think there will be a dedicated wired only version. Wouldn't make any sense really.

From what I understand the 360 wireless controller with the play and charge cable doesn't provide a wired connection, just a charge. So for people who want to use it on their PC without a wireless adapter, an "actual" wired controller is necessary.

netBuff

Have you watched the demo videos? pretty convincing. I'm grabbing a headset only for late night playing.

Room microphones that have to do this kind of heavy background noise compensation never work well, I don't expect Kinect to change this: There is no magic microphone technology that will make any cheap mic that is located a few metres away sound good.

A headset is a wise purchase to anyone that plans to talk & play online.

jim2011

Have you watched the demo videos? pretty convincing. I'm grabbing a headset only for late night playing.

Yes and I am impressed by them however I really want to see how it performs when someone is playing call of duty loudly and tons of explosions are going off.

Heysoos

Saving up my Microsoft Expertzone points for this. :3

Oh shit, speaking of Expertzone.

They have a sale of 3 months XBL and 1600 ms points for $5 each. Doesn't really warrant a thread, but for any expertzoner's out there that want to take advantage of this.

From what I understand the 360 wireless controller with the play and charge cable doesn't provide a wired connection, just a charge. So for people who want to use it on their PC without a wireless adapter, an "actual" wired controller is necessary.

This is correct for the 360, but not for the One. The Xbox One wireless controller transfers data through the cable when plugged into the system.

pixlexic

Banned
I like that the controller uses batteries or the charging kit, but i also think it should come with a charging kit.

Top Bottom