• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

xabbott

I’m saying for a corporation as big as Microsoft, if it was required for a dude to do it in his free time by his own...
C’mon mang, it’s shameful. They aren’t some small start-up. It shouldn’t have come to that.

The alternative was no X update. Sounds like all official parties weren't interested or contracted for an update. Someone else decided to do something about it.

MilkyJoe

I’m saying for a corporation as big as Microsoft, if it was required for a dude to do it in his free time by his own...
C’mon mang, it’s shameful. They aren’t some small start-up. It shouldn’t have come to that.

The game didn't sell well (probably due to the TV shite) Someone up top that only cares about profit, would probably not be open to the time and expense.

I really don't understand why MS hadn't planned it at all. You want a showcase for Xbox? QB clearly is along with Ryse. Just overall though it deserves a patch it's a quality game.

Plasma

Banned
Some are so quick on damning MS ... but just think a little bit about it!

First of all, the person who did it, did it on a personal initiative. The guy works on another game which means that he first needed access to the code base for QB. Means, somebody at MS needed to authorize him. Its common practice to make a deal like "try it in your free time and if you are successful you will be awarded with a technical achievement award worth xxxx of dollars".

BC initially was based on a personal initiative too, btw!

I said the same about Sony during the launch of the pro, there really is no excuse for all of their first party games not to get a 4K patch if they're really serious about supporting their 4K consoles.

Colbert

Banned
I said the same about Sony during the launch of the pro, there really is no excuse for all of their first party games not to get a 4K patch if they're really serious about supporting their 4K consoles.

You can't patch every single game, even it was exclusive. Added to that QB was developed by Remedy which is now utilized by other projects. Normally you want the original dev to do the changes as they know the code best. Remedy is a small team and is not available!

I see a lot of circumstances here that would lead to the same decision at any other publisher or platform holder not to do a patch!

I also suggest to look at this case from a decision maker perspective and not from a gamers perspective! I know not a popular view but its the important one. Me as a gamer would like all games patched (MCC, Ryse, Ori, ...) but me as a business professional know that my gamer demands on that subject are illusional!

FZW

The game didn't sell well (probably due to the TV shite) Someone up top that only cares about profit, would probably not be open to the time and expense.
It didn't sell well because it has cut scenes?? What tv shit are you talking about?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I haven't seen Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Mass Effect Andromeda on the list of Enhanced.

It would be a damn shame since they really really benefited from the Pro enhancements.

I haven't seen Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Mass Effect Andromeda on the list of Enhanced.

It would be a damn shame since they really really benefited from the Pro enhancements.
The first time I played DE:MD I did without the patch. It looked terrible even if the game is 1080p on PS4 (I believe is lower on Xbox) Then, the patch installed and the difference was night and day. I shit you not, I'm not the one that exaggerates this sort of thing, but holy moly it looks so much better at 4K CBR. Imagine it at native or close on XBX, it should do wonders for the game.

Here's a screenshot I took of the game on Pro:
1505010121-deus-ex-mankind-divided-tm-20170828222254.png

KageMaru

Most likely the over long "TV episodes" that totally didnt work.
Just took you out the game.

Pretty sure you could skip the live action cut-scenes. You'll miss an angle on the story but you should be able to follow still.

Both IPs have been put on hold with no more updates to either campaign. I'd be surprised if either was updated.

Man I wish we had more concrete information on Skyrim enhancements. The game is absolutely gorgeous as is on Xbox One and am looking for an excuse to pay $30 for it while its on sale.

I normally catch up on horror games in October so this year I'd be playing RE7, Outlast 2, and Evil Within 2 (on day 1) but this makes me want to wait until the enhancements are out on X. What to do...

KageMaru

Let me guess .... Bungie Dev Support Incoming ....

e1ANTrH.png

Don't know if this hi ts towards anything related to Destiny 2. It'll definitely receive a 1X update though. Bungie said they were going to look into doing an update after focusing on the the launch platforms. They already have high end assets and CBR implemented into the engine, so we could see a number of improvements for the 1X version. Native 4K with higher resolution buffers should be possible seeing how the XBO version hits 1080p at times. Though I do wonder if NX Gamer's analysis is true that even the standard versions use CBR. That would indicate the technique will also be used in the 1X version.

Let me guess .... Bungie Dev Support Incoming ....

e1ANTrH.png

Embargoes for the recent Xbox Press event lift next week. Aparrently there's two embargoes, one for the 19th, and one for the 20th. I expect we'll get some good Xbox One X news.

Source: Andrea Rena on Kindy Funny Games Daily 9.14.17

Hawk269

Embargoes for the recent Xbox Press event lift next week. Aparrently there's two embargoes, one for the 19th, and one for the 20th. I expect we'll get some good Xbox One X news.

Source: Andrea Rena on Kindy Funny Games Daily 9.14.17

What recent press event?

Colbert

Banned
Don't know if this hi ts towards anything related to Destiny 2. It'll definitely receive a 1X update though. Bungie said they were going to look into doing an update after focusing on the the launch platforms. They already have high end assets and CBR implemented into the engine, so we could see a number of improvements for the 1X version. Native 4K with higher resolution buffers should be possible seeing how the XBO version hits 1080p at times. Though I do wonder if NX Gamer's analysis is true that even the standard versions use CBR. That would indicate the technique will also be used in the 1X version.

My guess work is founded on the idea that Destiny 2 has a big player base on Xbox and is one of the big releases of this year. In addition Phil Spencer had put endless hours into the game himself. Also history would repeat itself as with the first game they sent some gurus to help getting the game to 1080p.

The connection to EA is good anyway so I assume the One X is supported by them by default.

Norse

Can't expect all the older games to get patched for 1X or Pro. All future titles I would expect though. Especially those that get a PC release.

deadfolk

Still no Watch Dogs 2,man what a shame. Here I was hoping to play that game looking as good as it does on Pro or better.

Yeah, despite grabbing this game on PC at launch, I never really got into it because I couldn't get performance I was happy with. I was constantly fiddling.

I would totally double dip if they announced a 1X patch.

Bsigg12

From the press event. It goes without saying that they will be there at launch but I would like to see what they look like before then. Who knows, we might even get to see TW3.

I can tell you Gears 4 looks fucking incredible in 4K along with the upgrades they made to textures and lighting. I saw it at E3 at the FanFest event.

What was the event for exactly?

I don't really know much more then what I posted. On the September 7 or 8th episode of Kindy Funny Games Daily Greg and Andrea mentioned they were both going to some Xbox event to play games on Xbox One X. Then on a recent episode of KFGD, Andrea mentioned the embargo dates being the 19th and 20th.

jbug617

Banned
It was probably a Fall Showcase event. I know they had an event on both coasts (SF and NYC). Would not shock me if they also had it in the U.K. too.

Top Bottom