• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Ushay

Ahh :/
thanks for asking.
In the end it is ok, I will buy it anyways and cyberpunk 2077. Special treatment on DE:MD would have been nice but no dealbreaker if not

Should still get a nice improvement in it's performance (ie framerate) plus it will be HDR on 1X too. Given that this is a now dormant franchise, not too bad.

Space_nut

Should still get a nice improvement in it's performance (ie framerate) plus it will be HDR on 1X too. Given that this is a now dormant franchise, not too bad.

Plus 16xAF which will make textures look clean far away

I wonder if the LOD and draw distance will be improved too from using the extra ram to store assets and a faster HDD

I think the new OS lets you choose if you want to download X updates. That lets you prepare to swap external drives to the X and be ready to go the second you get it.

I was looking for this option yesterday and could not find it. Maybe I'm in the wrong ring? I haven't received an update to the dash since September 25th.

Orca

Go to my games and apps, the drop-down menu on the upper right should let you select the game category you'd like to view and select Xbox One X enhanced and you'll be shown your games that have gotten their update so far.

It's confusing for me, as no games show as enhanced and I've been in the alpha ring ever since alpha ring first became a thing.

peppers

Do we have any info on Homefront for the X1X?

I only played the first hour on a free weekend but after watching Noah Gervais' analysis and seeing such passion from the Dev team to support their own game, I think I'll be getting a cheap copy to go along the system on launch day.

JP

Can I just check with people who know what they're doing with this stuff?

The games with known updates that I own are Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Halo 5, Killer Instinct, Minecraft and Ori.

When I change the menu selection to Xbox One X Enhanced games the only one that shows up for me is Gears of War 4 which is showing as 94GB. Should any of my other games be showing up in that list at the moment? I'm assuming from the 94GB size and the fact that it shows up under the Enhanced section means that Gears of War 4 has already downloaded the Xbox One X content?

Do we know when to expect the enhanced content for other games and full release of the firmware update? I'm trying to keep on top of this stuff so that I'm ready to go on the 7th but it would be nice for it all to be sorted by the end of this month so that everybody has time to prepare for the migration to the new system.

EDIT:
Sort of separate to my enquiry but how do accounts work on more the one Xbox? Can I still leave the old one active with games on it? I don't do a lot of Xbox stuff so I really don't know how this stuff works on there.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Can I just check with people who know what they're doing with this stuff?

The games with known updates that I own are Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Halo 5, Killer Instinct, Minecraft and Ori.

When I change the menu selection to Xbox One X Enhanced games the only one that shows up for me is Gears of War 4 which is showing as 94GB. Should any of my other games be showing up in that list at the moment? I'm assuming from the 94GB size and the fact that it shows up under the Enhanced section means that Gears of War 4 has already downloaded the Xbox One X content?

Do we know when to expect the enhanced content for other games and full release of the firmware update? I'm trying to keep on top of this stuff so that I'm ready to go on the 7th but it would be nice for it all to be sorted by the end of this month so that everybody has time to prepare for the migration to the new system.

Halo 5's 4k update isn't out in the wild yet so I'd assume that is true of other games too.

onQ123

https://www.xboxachievements.com/ne...f-War-s-Xbox-One-X-Enhancements-Detailed.html

Warner Bros. and Monolith have revealed the enhancements coming to the Xbox One X version of Middle-earth: Shadow of War, including native 4K resolution with dynamic scaling, an increased level of detail, higher polygon counts, improved textures and all of the other usual performance-boosting bobbins you'd expect.

You'll be able to choose from two different modes - Favour Resolution or Favour Quality - which are fairly self-explanatory. Choose Favour Resolution and you can enjoy increased texture detail targeting native 4K, while opting for Favour Quality brings enhancements across the board.

These include increased texture detail, better draw distances, improved shadows and lighting, more vegetation, higher polygon counts, enhanced ambient occlusion and improvements to texture filtering. Whichever option you decide on, you'll still be playing Shadow of War at some sort of lovely ramped up 4K resolution. Which is a good thing.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War's Xbox One X enhancements will be available when the console launches on 7th November, as a free update. An optional 4K cinematics DLC will also roll out, bumping up Xbox One X's 1080p cut-scenes to 4K (obviously). Middle-earth: Shadow of War is out now and you'll find our review here.

Stevey

So in the Xbox One X Enhanced section of My Games and Apps I only have Gears Of War 4?
Is that normal, have Forza 7 installed, was expecting that in there.

Any word on Rock Band 4? I know it doesn't really need it and that Harmonix is running low on people nowadays, but this is the only game I really use my Xbox for...

JaggedSac

Options like these really make it hard on which to choose. Yeah, 4K is awesome, but 1080p gets more effects. What about everyone else? Do you intend to (or have on Pro) always chose the 4K option over the increased graphics one, where applicable?

Likely will be checkerboard 4k for the non native mode.

FN-2187

Options like these really make it hard on which to choose. Yeah, 4K is awesome, but 1080p gets more effects. What about everyone else? Do you intend to (or have on Pro) always chose the 4K option over the increased graphics one, where applicable?

I know I am in the minority, but I don't like getting options for different modes. I want the developers to determine what is the optimal solution to get the best experience with their game. I know I will get obsessed with constantly switching back and forth between the graphics modes trying to determine which I like better.

At the beginning of this gen, I decided I was going to give PC gaming a go. I built a gaming PC and used it for all of my gaming for a year and a half. It definitely has its positives (namely being able to prioritize 60 FPS in every single game), but one of the things that drove me crazy (admittedly this is self-inflicted) is constantly messing with graphics settings and monitoring FPS counters trying to get the best visuals while keeping 60 FPS. I would spend my first few nights with a game just tweaking settings. When I got an Xbox One, it was such a relief to go back to not having to worry about that stuff and just play. I kinda like when it's the developers problem, not mine.

EvB

So in the Xbox One X Enhanced section of My Games and Apps I only have Gears Of War 4?
Is that normal, have Forza 7 installed, was expecting that in there.

There are quite a few games that have already updated to X versions, but don’t show in the section.
Forza Horizon 3 and the Forza 7 demo both have updates.

The games themselves have he assets installed but the flags that control how they sort are not right.

Their are still a few kinks, my gears 4 wasn’t X ready , I just deleted it and reinstalled and now it is.

Head.spawn

Just FYI, even though Gears 4 is coming up under 'Xbox One Enhanced' in your library, it doesn't have Xbox One X assets installed yet, it simply has an index checkmark updated to be in that list.

There are quite a few games that have already updated to X versions, but don't show in the section.
Forza Horizon 3 and the Forza 7 demo both have updates.

The games themselves have he assets installed but the flags that control how they sort are not right.

Their are still a few kinks, my gears 4 wasn't X ready , I just deleted it and reinstalled and now it is.

It actually downloaded assets? or the 'PreIndex' thing?

Looks like a Battlefield 1 is getting an update...

https://mobile.twitter.com/SnoopyG7/status/918288957590339584

Awesome. This game already looks great with the newest HDR patch, should be a blast to play on X.

JP

I'd imagine that when the final version of the firmware is released then the Enhanced selection will sort itself out. The only one I have listed there is GoW 4 and it is the only one listed as "X1XE: True" when I check the details and maybe that's the flag it needs to be listed in that section.

I know there could be variations in game size due to DLC and stuff but there should be a massive change in install size if 4K textures have been downloaded. Can I ask what the install size is for the games that are going to be enhanced for other people?
Forza Horizon 3 - 57.7 GB
Gears of War 4 - 94 GB
Halo 5 - 98.5 GB

I would hope that the two 100 GB games already have the enhanced content downloaded but FH 3 seems relatively small in comparison.

It's been all but confirmed here on other threads that TEW2 will be shipping with no Pro support.
No it hasn't. There's evidence pointing both ways (e.g. the game is listed as having Pro enhancements on the US Playstation site, but not the UK one), so it's very much up in the air.

Likely will be checkerboard 4k for the non native mode.
I very much doubt it. The engine doesn’t use CBR on the previous game, or the resolution mode in this one. And presumably they'd say if quality mode had a resolution benefit over standard Xbox One. The quality mode is almost certain to be 1080p.

Oh yes. Improvements like higher polygon counts, more vegetation and optional 4K cutscenes are the stuff I like to see. Excellent.
All that's on PS4 Pro too. It's actually the other stuff--better textures, sticking to a higher resolution, etc.--that will set One X apart.

No it hasn't. There's evidence pointing both ways (e.g. the game is listed as having Pro enhancements on the US Playstation site, but not the UK one), so it's very much up in the air.

Some gaffers in evil within threads have gotten their early PS4 copies and have confirmed no Pro support as of now. I mean, I hope it's patched tomorrow as I will be picking it up.

Hawk269

Halo 5's 4k update isn't out in the wild yet so I'd assume that is true of other games too.

Hey Frankie-

Any word on when we will be getting some more information release for your game and/or anything from MS? We are about 3 weeks out and it just seems awful quite for such a high profile console release. Just curious if there is a pending flood of information coming?

Thanks!

I very much doubt it. The engine doesn’t use CBR on the previous game, or the resolution mode in this one. And presumably they'd say if quality mode had a resolution benefit over standard Xbox One. The quality mode is almost certain to be 1080p.
An xbox one X will always play the game in 4k does exactly that.

From this graphic I'm assuming resolution mode is locked at 4k, while quality mode has dynamic resolution (up to 4k if you are looking at the sky or something);

Bsigg12

I'd imagine that when the final version of the firmware is released then the Enhanced selection will sort itself out. The only one I have listed there is GoW 4 and it is the only one listed as "X1XE: True" when I check the details and maybe that's the flag it needs to be listed in that section.

I know there could be variations in game size due to DLC and stuff but there should be a massive change in install size if 4K textures have been downloaded. Can I ask what the install size is for the games that are going to be enhanced for other people?
Forza Horizon 3 - 57.7 GB
Gears of War 4 - 94 GB
Halo 5 - 98.5 GB

I would hope that the two 100 GB games already have the enhanced content downloaded but FH 3 seems relatively small in comparison.

Halo has been that big for a while. Stinkles confirmed the X update hasn't rolled out yet.

Gears is updated.

Forza Horizon 3 isn't updated yet either.

EvB

Just FYI, even though Gears 4 is coming up under 'Xbox One Enhanced' in your library, it doesn't have Xbox One X assets installed yet, it simply has an index checkmark updated to be in that list.

It actually downloaded assets? or the 'PreIndex' thing?

Under Assets installed it says which assets are currently installed. X is one of those options , only games updated in the last few days have that.

A couple of other games such as Forza 7 demo and Gears 4 are listed as Xbox-Scorpio instead.

Top Bottom