• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

f@luS

More than a member.
If the performance mode is stable enough I’ll get that one

Small update though. No high rez textures ? Need DF analysis. Update was small on PS4 and 4K looked great.

f@luS

More than a member.
http://thewitcher.com/en/news/view/12581/

List of changes for Xbox One X:
2 new graphic modes: 4K Mode and Performance Mode
support for 4K resolution
HDR support
enhanced shadows, ambient occlusion and texture filtering
higher resolutions textures
dynamic resolution scaling (from 1080p to 4K)

Hdr will come ps4 as well

solis74

In 4K Mode the game will run in 4K resolution (or supersampled on a non-4K display) with stable 30fps gameplay, whereas Performance Mode enables dynamic resolution scaling (from 1080p up to 4K) while targeting 60 fps during gameplay. Both modes support HDR. 

X! :)

Mentaur

Neo Member
CDKeys.com has Shadow of War for £24.99 - was £29.99 yesterday as I've been deliberating. It's an MS Store key so PC and Xbox One. Went for it myself so just enduring the 75GB initial download on PC.

solis74

Technically they've gone one better than that, by adding dynamic res for the performance mode.

Remains to be seen how much of a difference that makes right now, but it's a great forward-thinking move that will help it hold up much better when running in back-compat on future hardware.

very true

MaulerX

Waiting for DF but from the patch note it’s adaptive resolution from 1080 to 4k with 60fps. Even better

Technically they've gone one better than that, by adding dynamic res for the performance mode.

Remains to be seen how much of a difference that makes right now, but it's a great forward-thinking move that will help it hold up much better when running in back-compat on future hardware.

Yep! And to think people thought it was impossible 😊

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
God damn the Xbox One X is a beast. I'm so happy that I for some weird reason forgot about Witcher 3 in my library and have played alot of other titles. I wish AC Origins had some similar option, but hopefully this can be a trend.

BionicRoo

Just seen this on how Xbox are using Dolby Atmos in the Xbox One X: https://news.microsoft.com/en-gb/20...-new-ground-using-sound-make-games-realistic/
BLOG-866x450-2015_02-Dolby_Atmos-01.jpg

Granty666uk

Own a X and don't own the newly enhanced Witcher 3, Well the game of the year edition is down to £14 on Live. 4K HDR etc. Go get it !

Own a X and don't own the newly enhanced Witcher 3, Well the game of the year edition is down to £14 on Live. 4K HDR etc. Go get it !
Amazing deal, sheesh.

If anybody bought an X from Best Buy before their PUBG + $50 gift card promotion, you can probably hit up their chat to request the gift card and game code. I got mine on the 11th and chatted for about 30ish min to get mine. YMMV, obv

Lort

Banned
Hands on with dolby atmos console excluse to xbox...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...review-microsofts-secret-weapon/#6125cba3198a

One other palpable advantage of the Atmos mix is how it retains its remarkable clarity even when things get seriously loud. Without Atmos, chaotically noisy scenes such as the helicopter attack tend to lose some of their precision amid the maelstrom. With Atmos running, though, you can still hear every tiny detail, perfectly located. Things just get louder, not ‘muddier’. This is again a brilliant benefit on a game as founded on intense set pieces as Gears Of War 4.

Some more games that support it..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...-xs-dolby-atmos-games-full-list/#613382302961

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Don't really know where else to post this, but just got sent this , really well done

DRli_gBX0AADBpd.jpg

Don’t understand the context, nor do I understand what it has to do here? The Ygritte-looking girl from Horizon Zero Dawn is jealous over that the guy rather wants to play PUBG than HZD?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
R* should do a X patch for GTA5.
The playerbase online is still very high. And there still making shit loads of money selling shark cards for extortionate prices.

Pantz

Scorpio support for Unity
(Just happened to come across this so posting here)

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/12/19/unity-2017-3-is-here/

"Xbox One X Support

We added support for the new Xbox One X console from Microsoft. Use Quality Settings to enable support for 4K HDR rendering, or use the extra power in other ways such as improving framerate or increasing graphical fidelity. Xbox One X support is available in all 2017.x versions of Unity."

Zimmy68

Any news on whether Prey will be getting an Xbox One X update? I was considering picking it up but if it's never going to get a patch with X enhancements then I won't bother.

That is how I am also.

I would buy Bioshock Collection in a second if I knew a patch was coming.

Prey should because PS4 Pro got one.

munroe

Any news on whether Prey will be getting an Xbox One X update? I was considering picking it up but if it's never going to get a patch with X enhancements then I won't bother.

Prey is great with or without a patch, the character models are a bit iffy but it's a great game regardless and will probably perform better being on an X

That is how I am also.

I would buy Bioshock Collection in a second if I knew a patch was coming.

Prey should because PS4 Pro got one.

I just recently double dipped on the BioShock Collection and grabbed a copy for my Xbone. I'm hoping that the X smoothes out the some of the occasional stuttering that occurs in that version. I still prefer it to my PS4 copy though as that has no anisotropic filtering enabled so all of the ground textures looks like soup compared to the Xbone. If the X improves the performance slightly through brute force then it'll be the best console version.

Hopefully 2K come to their senses and commission a 4k update for the X and Pro ( and to also fix all of the outstanding issues left by Blind Squirrel). But I'm not holding my breath.

Prey is great with or without a patch, the character models are a bit iffy but it's a great game regardless and will probably perform better being on an X

Nice one. I'm really looking forward to diving into it eventually. I'm going to prioritise my gaming budget towards developers who support the X for the moment though.

Bubba77

Any good trade in deals for an X now? I havebone already but want to upgrade my S downstairs. Gamestop says like 70 bucks value now for 500gb s.

solis74

Scorpio support for Unity
(Just happened to come across this so posting here)

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/12/19/unity-2017-3-is-here/

"Xbox One X Support

We added support for the new Xbox One X console from Microsoft. Use Quality Settings to enable support for 4K HDR rendering, or use the extra power in other ways such as improving framerate or increasing graphical fidelity. Xbox One X support is available in all 2017.x versions of Unity."

nice

Top Bottom