• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X, higher resolution pics + Box Art

I think the S looks better, the two-tone color scheme and the grill on the top are really striking. The X doesn't look bad by any means but it's basically a more traditional version of the S.

I'd love to have it in white again, kind of bummed out if it's only available in black.

How in the hell is it so small? If this is as quiet as the S it's pathetic how much better engineered this than the Pro. The price is easier to justify when the competition looks ridiculous and sounds like a hair dryer.

This spec sheet show there is a white model (or at least a render of it). It is not that small. It is bigger on two dimensions than the S but slimmer.

oxbit3umzclloqnzftld.jpg

Xenoflare

I mentioned this earlier today but I remember Spencer talking about FFXV being one of the 30 old titles that are getting patched for One X, I'll be waiting for DF to get on that once the patch hits

I remember when I first saw the name and compared the abbreviations:

Xbox One = Xbone
Xbox One X = Xbox

I thought that was clever.

RoKKeR

Box art stuff is weird. Figured they would throw "enhanced for One X" or whatever on there like they did for the trailers.

This spec sheet show there is a white model (or at least a render of it). It is not that small. It is bigger on two dimensions than the S but slimmer.

oxbit3umzclloqnzftld.jpg

The official images are pretty misleading then, they make the X look quite a bit smaller.

I remember when I first saw the name and compared the abbreviations:

Xbox One = Xbone
Xbox One X = Xbox

I thought that was clever.

How is it any different than Xbox One S? People who like calling it Xbone will still refer to the platform as that.

Clancy

Banned

oxbit3umzclloqnzftld.jpg

The images are color inverted for whatever reason. The S and OG XBO should be white and black respectively.

Ivan

looks really nice.

And what's the thing with black crush everybody's talking about? Is it the same problem from early x360 days?

fersnake

i think that 1Tb is really low, for a 4k gaming system. that's my only "con" other than that the specs well... the cpu but whatever it looks really nice and my god so small.

Head.spawn

That Xbox One S to Xbox One X comparison chart reads like a joke edit, lol.

...how is the XB1X SMALLER than the XB1S?

tenor.gif

what does the HDMI in do?

HDMI passthrough so you can use one input for cable TV (or ANY device with an HDMI out) and your Xbox One.

1) You can use just one TV Input.
2) You can get notifications/invites on screen while watching if you want.
3) Allows you quickly swap between the two really fast.
4) Xbox One also has a Guide type interface to interact with your TV, change channels, volume etc etc that works in conjunction with this.

Aeqvitas

fantastic looking console, and it's damn impressive it is smaller than the S while packing a metric ton more power. Hoping it is just as quiet, I've gotten used to not being able to hear my console ever.

I'm interested to see how the whole 4K thing pans out. I built a new PC with a GTX 1080, so I can do 4K though higher framerate at 1440p is what I prefer.

I wouldn't mind having a box like this for my TV. I already have the PS4 Slim, but this would be a nice addition.

watershed

Banned
I'm not a fan of these minimal design consoles. Sleek is cool but having no distinctive features isn't. I'm impressed by the size though.

flattie

Excellent work by MS on this one. Say what you want about the games lineup or the conference, but they have made another drop dead gorgeous bit of hardware here.

Does it come with an elite controller? Hell, they should have just called it the Xbox One Elite lol

The price for this thing is way too high for me, but the One S is looking mighty tempting. That plus an elite controller would still leave me with a lot of cash for games.

ASaiyan

Banned
How is it so small. And it's liquid-cooled? Gotta give props to the engineers on this one.
Shame the marketing guys messed up on the price.

Top Bottom