• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X, higher resolution pics + Box Art

t hicks

Banned
Really nice looking console right there, and it's amazing how small it is for the power
thinking I'll get one @ launch now...

kadotsu

Banned
xbox-one-x-game-console-boxarts-1.jpg

This is so cool. I remember when Nintendo put screens of all their upcoming exclusives on the N64 box. This is definitely a callback to that.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This is so cool. I remember when Nintendo put screens of all their upcoming exclusives on the N64 box. This is definitely a callback to that.

Lmfao - took me a second but that was pretty damn good.

I really don't care about the power upgrade - I want to stick with my original Xbox One and PS4 throughout this gen - but goddamn if it being that small doesn't make me want to buy it. I won't shell out $500 for it, but the box itself is prettier and more convenient to house than my current Xbox One. If Microsoft keeps the Xbox One as the last gen but with a stronger model every few years, I'm definitely going to be upgrading once Xbox One X+ comes out in a couple years.

nillapuddin

I bet the box shape is identical to the Xbox One S box, save dat money MS

I love my Xbox One S, as someone who has invested in the Surface line, I enjoy that 'Panos touch' it just exudes class and efficiency. (I'm talking about the packaging materials, but obviously the external design also)

jryeje29

Super good looking, Im probably gonna pick one up and im primarily a pc gamer, i might have to wait for at least its first price drop or sale though. Good value but not as much for pc gamers with moderately high end or better parts.

I think it looks pretty solid but I wish it had green led or accents on it. I don't like how desaturated Xbox has become. I miss the green.

madmackem

Microsoft listens to fans.

They need to listen about making the BD playback better than on the One S. No more black crush.
Yeah that's the reason I've bought a standalone, the playback quality really isn't that great on the s I'm hoping it's better on the x but I have my doubts.

So is the HDMI out just HDMI 2.0b with VRR/Freesync enabled or is Microsoft just listing it as HDMI 2.0b due to the 2.1 draft not being ratified yet? HDMI 2.0b can only do 10-bit 4k@60Hz with 4:2:0. It would be pretty sad to have chroma-subsampling while playing at 4k+HDR10 for a newly released console in 2017.

daveo42

Banned
Console looks great. Half those checkmarks are useless to everyone.

It makes sense. They're basically saying that both are part of this Xbox generation, but the X plays games better.

"Our numbers are bigger" tell you it's better but not how much better it actually is. At least the 4k@60 is at least descriptive of what it can actually do.

Skux

Gotta hand it to them, the design is pretty slick, and even nicer to see it come in smaller than the XB1S.

Console looks great. Those checkmarks are 100% useless to everyone.

It makes sense. They're basically saying that both are part of this Xbox generation, but the X plays games better.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The only thing that puts me off buying one is the expected lifespan. Is this a stop gap before the next Xbox and only lasting another 3 or so years? Last time I paid their current price for the X on a console was the Dreamcast at launch. Everything else I've waited a year or two, paid less and still had a good run.

Let me just say that highlighting Teraflops and Memory bandwith are bad marketing points. I hope these are just targeted towards enthusiasts and not for actual mass market. This is like the opposite of power of the cloud but a just a tiny bit less bad.

Can't believe we live in a world where there's two Xbox consoles that support 4K Blu-ray and zero of the two PS4 consoles support that.

T.O.P

Banned
Make F7 bundled and i'm in Day One....who am i kidding, day zero anyway :D

Thought they were kidding where they said that it was smaller than the S, how in the fuck

🤔

This is the exact feeling when I saw that chart. Should have named it Xbox One Elite or something cause that name is giving me WiiU marketing Vibes all over again. The General public is gonna have a field day this holiday if this thing isn't marketed properly.

OT I'm still shocked that they managed to make this smaller than the S. Looks super clean.

Alienfan

The price point starts to make sense when you see pictures of the console, it's surface pro levels of gorgeous and engineering perfection, the fact it's the smallest Xbox yet is insane. I wish I could afford it

Top Bottom