• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
I feel like the OT for the One X launch should have a section dedicated towards External drives. Cause with 4K textures were gonna need some big ass externals

62VweqW.png

I feel like the OT for the One X launch should have a section dedicated towards External drives. Cause with 4K textures were gonna need some big ass externals

I think most people will be fine with a 3TB 2.5inch external HDD. Those can be found for less than $100
Total of 4TB is kinda decent for a normal libary

Colbert

Banned
I think most people will be fine with a 3TB 2.5inch external HDD. Those can be found for less than $100
Total of 4TB is kinda decent for a normal libary

I have 2 4TB WD My Passport connected to my Xbox One S. Should be sufficient for some time.

They have 3 advantages:
- small
- USB bus powered
- extremely silent

I have 2 4TB WD My Passport connected to my Xbox One S. Should be sufficient for some time.

They have 3 advantages:
- small
- USB bus powered
- extremely silent

2?
I need the usb ports.
I have kinect, external hdd, controller charging stand and a fan at the back of my low board to get the heat out of the shelf

Colbert

Banned
Thanks to our Fans, Xbox One X is Fastest-Selling Xbox Pre-Order Ever

I totally missed on the big part in this announcement:

We will be announcing details of the next wave of Xbox One X standard edition pre-orders next month so stay tuned for more information.

That is the time I today have decided to change my pre-order to a regular Xbox One X.

pitchfork

I got a 4TB external on top of my 2TB internal on the Launch S

Will have a bit of a 'pick n choose' before transferring content to the X as there's a fair chunk of older titles (GwG mostly) that I probably wont go back to

Colbert

Banned
2?
I need the usb ports.
I have kinect, external hdd, controller charging stand and a fan at the back of my low board to get the heat out of the shelf

I was misleading:
I have 2 drives but only 1 is connected because I have around 50% storage left. But I have the 2nd rear USB3.0 unused anyway. Kinect isn't used anymore.

Bsigg12

2?
I need the usb ports.

I have a powered USB 3.0 hub that has my externals running through and that works really well. The Kinect has it's on USB 3 port just to make sure it actually works.

I have a powered USB 3.0 hub that has my externals running through and that works really well. The Kinect has it's on USB 3 port just to make sure it actually works.

i was always unsure if that would work without any issues.
so maybe i have to try. the charging stand and fan does only need power anyway and no data, so it should be no problem

any cheap small one you can suggest me?

Colbert

Banned

Was not sure if that works because of necessary drivers you can't install on the console! Can you post the model you use?

Its probably not certain if you get one btw. Because MS netherlands didnt give the stores a list yet with how many they get.

Ah i see. Ah well, you know...honestly...if MM doesn't have the PS edition for me it's all good, not the end of the world. I'll stick with that preorder there and we'll see. Also, if Nedgame and GameMania do turn out to be offering trade-in programs for the normal edition and i still get 120 euros for my fat Xbox One.....i might just go for that instead.

Caayn

that looks bigger than the X lol
There's two 3.5" WD Red 10TB drives in RAID 0/1 in there. It's 18cm*10cm*16cm (H*W*D).

Where I live the drives alone already cost as much as that thing does.
Intertoys.nl is still accepting preorders for the PS edition. Just so the fellow Dutch folks know :)
Bol.com is also still accepting pre-orders for the PS edition.
Its probably not certain if you get one btw. Because MS netherlands didnt give the stores a list yet with how many they get.
That's strange, why wouldn't they want to share allocation with stores?

Hey folks, do we know anything about noise levels for the XOX? Or if they will offer the free adapter for Kinect users like with the S?

Anyone?

Also, Best Buy has an 8 terabyte external drive on their deal of the day today in the U.S. If anything me is looking to increase storage space.

Spades

VnDE1bf.png

Managed to get the "VG20OFF150" code applied retrospectively to my Xbox One X Scorpio pre-order with Amazon UK, so have £20 off it if I decide to keep it. Makes it £429. If you've pre-ordered with Amazon, it's worth trying your luck with someone on chat.

Raide

VnDE1bf.png

Managed to get the "VG20OFF150" code applied retrospectively to my Xbox One X Scorpio pre-order with Amazon UK, so have £20 off it if I decide to keep it. Makes it £429. If you've pre-ordered with Amazon, it's worth trying your luck with someone on chat.

How did you manage that? Cancel and redo?

I can't believe I didn't even notice the gradient until you guys pointed it out.
Still on the fence on this until I see the regular version. Something about the monster energy green puts me off.

iMax

VnDE1bf.png

Don't you just edit payment info and add there?

VnDE1bf.png

thanks so much for this. I wasn't able to apply it, but the Amaz(ing)on rep will issue me a $20 refund back to my card after it ships AND gave me a $20 gift card on the spot! I said WOW

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Xbox One X |OT| Soon
Xbox One X |OT| Xclusive Launch Edition
Xbox One X |OT| exclusives? Where we're going, we don't need exclusives?
Xbox One X |OT| The most powerful crossplay enabled console ever

Top Bottom