• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Hawk269

Looks like it's down to only Gamestop now. I would think we'll see the regular edition pre-orders start up once you can't get the Scorpio. I can't imagine retailers being ok with leaving launch day sales up to chance. They'll want to lock people in with pre-orders.

Yeah, I would think when MS gets word from most of their retail partners that they will set a date to start the regular system pre-orders. Should be interesting when that starts. I wonder if they are planning to actually do media advertising for the regular edition. The Scorpio edition was for the die hard fans that on forums like this to find out about it. If they want to get to the general public they will most likely expand the marketing...I could see a commercial during the opening of the NFL season. Which is about 2 weeks.

This bodes quite well for the console!

I'd always caution waiting 6 months before cracking the champagne, but a very healthy sign no doubt.

F34R

All Dolby Vision UHDs (very few of them) I've bought so far have also supported HDR10. It seems to be the most available one as well and not all Tv manufacturers seems to be supporting Dolby Vision HDR anyway, so I doubt a movie would come out on disc with exclusive Dolby Vision support, but you never know!

HDR10 is the base format. All UHD will be HDR10.

Norse

Anyone with a 2TB Xbox 1S trade it in to GameStop? Local store by me said they thought the 2TB model would be $200 trade in towards 1X but haven't heard what people are actually getting.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anyone with a 2TB Xbox 1S trade it in to GameStop? Local store by me said they thought the 2TB model would be $200 trade in towards 1X but haven't heard what people are actually getting.

I have a launch 2tb that I plan on trading in closer to November. I'll need it to get started on Destiny in the meantime though.

Hoping it's $200.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some

I sold mine locally for 270$ (340$ canadian) so much better than trading it in, although I don't have an Xbox One until the Xbox One X comes out.

I decided to sell now as I am expecting lots of people to be doing the same around launch and more availability should drive down prices, so I thought by selling now I'd get more money.

Pre-ordered a X1X Scorpio via Gamestop about 14 hours ago, used existing trade-in credit...final cost: $14. Lol Not too shabby.

A couple quick questions for anyone familiar with Gamestop's invoice system:

1) The purchase page on Gamestop.com correctly showed the gift cards applied against the purchase and the total of ~$14. But when I received the purchase email verification, it appears that for some weird reason the invoice doesn't itemize out different payment methods used to pay for the order...the invoice only shows a total cost of $499.99 with no indication at all that trade credit/gift cards were actually used. I'm guessing this is normal for GS since they haven't actually charged anything for the purchase yet, but do I need to call Gamestop customer service to verify this isn't some sort of fuck up?

2) Also, when most or all of a purchase is made with trade credit, are the gift cards charged immediately or does GS wait to charge them until the item ships (presumably they wait to charge credit cards, but wasn't sure how it works when gift cards are involved)?

Gotta love cheap arse websites like Argos, making out they have stock when they haven't, ridiculous! UK has completely sold out in 48 hours which is impressive.

MilkyJoe

More photos of the color gradient of the Special Edition on WindowsCentral.com:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition

xbox-one-x-scorpio-front.jpg

xbox-one-x-scorpio-controller-2.jpg

xbox-one-x-scorpio-name-2.jpg

What are you thinking, Mr C?

Colbert

Banned
What are you thinking, Mr C?

If you just addressed me, please, never ever call me Mr C again !!!!! This would be actually an insult (I dont want to go deeper on this). Colbert is short enough as name ;)

Coming back to your question. I am not a very big fan of the color gradient because at the edges it makes the console look cheap im my personal view.

I will try to change to a regular Xbox One X if possible but if I am not able to do that its not a show stopper for me to go with the Special Edition.

Guys, any chance of amazon getting additional stock of Scorpio edition or they really gone?

I'm positive you'll be able to get it closer to release. Once they start charging people's cards, they will cancel the orders of people that don't have the funds and put them back up for sale. That's happened with major console releases and even regular game limited editions that costs hundreds more.

MilkyJoe

If you just addressed me, please, never ever call me Mr C again !!!!! This would be actually an insult (I dont want to go deeper on this). Colbert is short enough as name ;)

Coming back to your question. I am not a very big fan of the color gradient because at the edges it makes the console look cheap im my personal view.

I will try to change to a regular Xbox One X if possible but if I am not able to do that its not a show stopper for me to go with the Special Edition.

I'm holding out for a black before I cancel my pre-order too.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
We cracked the code!

If some really want to wrack their brains. If they did produce a batch of regular editions just before launch and made those available for preorder , and the quantity was small due to time constraint before launch, one could argue that preorder was more limited than the limited edition.... at least until post launch.

fableman

Neo Member
Most ridiculous thing is that the limited edition wasn't and isn't available to some countries at all. So in other words, some of us never even had a chance to secure one in first place. Not like it matters a lot, but still.. feels a bit unfair.

thatJohann

Scorpio Edition is growing on me.

Can anyone do a quick side by side comparison between the regular edition vs Scorpio Edition?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Welp, was planning on pre-ordering today but it looks like they're finally all out.

Wonder if GameStop stores have allotments where I can go in and grab one?

Don't worry, I imagine ThinkGeek will have some of the insane bundles at some point. They haven't failed to do so with the recent Nintendo systems and pre-orders. Gamestop already had some of those, so, I should think that ThinkGeek will follow suit.

I hope I can switch to a regular edition on Amazon when the become available. I don't much care for the Scorpio version, but I could live with it if I have to.

mcfly1955

Neo Member
I hope I can switch to a regular edition on Amazon when the become available. I don't much care for the Scorpio version, but I could live with it if I have to.

Same for me....I want it day 1 the easiest way possible (pre-order), but I'd like solid black...I'll keep my Scorpio version if that's the only way to pre-order, but when/if the regular goes up for pre-order, I'm dropping my Scorpio.

dugdug

Banned
Don't worry, I imagine ThinkGeek will have some of the insane bundles at some point. They haven't failed to do so with the recent Nintendo systems and pre-orders. Gamestop already had some of those, so, I should think that ThinkGeek will follow suit.

Eh, I'm not trying to get one of those bundles. I'm already tricking myself into wanting to pay $499. Can't go higher.

fableman

Neo Member
France has a higher VAT rate than Germany. Thus it comes out cheaper on Amazon.fr.

With shipping it's almost the same price again, just a few cents cheaper.

Btw, do they charge full price right away or only when it ships somewhere closer to 7th of November?

Is anyone else having trouble using amazon credit towars there order? Usually there is a bar i can click if i have gift card credit that will allow me to put it toward the pre order, but nothing so far

Top Bottom