• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Thoraxes

Man... Target in the U.S. still has pre-orders available! Not sure if that's by mistake or if they just have really low demand. Place orders there at your own risk.

Edit: Looks like Gamestop has more in stock via the web as well. Not sure this will be too hard to find after all.

Not trying to toot my own horn, but I took a screenshot from an unboxing video that I believe gives us our best look in a natural lighting setting. I quite like it!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246712066&postcount=4795
I'll probably switch my preorder over to them if it's still available when I get home from work. Have 15% off with them.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
We'll see what happens when it actually comes out. Pre ordering with nothing down vs actually purchasing it.

Also remember this isn't comparing preorders to preorders.

This is comparing preorders to YTD sales.
Even if half those preorders convert it may still outpace PS4 pro sales.

I hear you, and those Assassin's Creed videos are not helping ease the wait. 2 and half months. God.

Damn Crossing Eden and those gifs for origins is one of the main reasons I decided to just keep my preorder. I want that game in the best quality possible (and on console).

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Not really want to post this in that other thread.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/900459442403250177

I don't know how to gauge this properly. A system which has been out for 3/4 of a year vs. one not out yet. One which people are completing sales when ordered at this point vs. one which people have 2 months to cancel. If. Of course there are many orders for proper people who want it and the scalper factor.

I hope it does well. As someone getting one to play, I really want it to get a solid user base. I also hope the UHD Played is solid with or without Dolby Vision Support.

KageMaru

I like the gradient look. Not a fan of the green text though.

I don't know how to gauge this properly. A system which has been out for 3/4 of a year vs. one not out yet. One which people are completing sales when ordered at this point vs. one which people have 2 months to cancel. If. Of course there are many orders for proper people who want it and the scalper factor.

I hope it does well. As someone getting one to play, I really want it to get a solid user base. I also hope the UHD Played is solid with or without Dolby Vision Support.

I didn't consider this. Do movies fall back to HDR10 if Dolby Vision isn't supported? UHD+HDR playback was one of the reasons I wanted this.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

I didn't consider this. Do movies fall back to HDR10 if Dolby Vision isn't supported? UHD+HDR playback was one of the reasons I wanted this.

I should think so, but I'm not sure about that. Anyone?

Edit
Of course, what makes things confusing for consumers, is that each format applies HDR in slightly different ways. HDR10 is considered more generic as its parameters are applied equally throughout a specific piece of content, and the TV decides how to display the information, while Dolby Vision is considered more precise in that it can adjust HDR parameters on a frame-by-frame basis, based on the capabilities of the TV.

This state of affairs means that some HDR-enabled TVs or video projectors are compatible with content using the HDR10 format, and to make things even more confusing, as of 2016, the Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc format has only implemented HDR10, although there is no technical limitation that wouldn't enable Dolby Vision to also be used.

On the other hand, the way Dolby has structured Dolby Vision, licensed and-equipped TVs supporting that format also have the ability to decode both Dolby Vision and HDR10 signals (if this capability is “turned on” buy the specific TV maker involved), but a TV that is only compliant with HDR10 is not capable of decoding Dolby Vision signals.

In other words, a Dolby Vision TV also has the ability to decode HDR10, but an HDR10-only TV cannot decode Dolby Vision - in this case, the TV will just ignore the Dolby Vision encoding and display the image as an SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) image.
https://www.lifewire.com/dolby-vision-and-hdr10-4060427

ViciousDS

Banned
It should outsell the Pro, Sony didn't market the Pro at all because it's not the console they want to sell the most. They want it to do well of course but their focus is the PS4 first and foremost.

Microsoft though want us to buy the X and are marketing as so. Being the most powerful console ever and they can say that and be proud with the price tag. It's a hell of a machine for the price point and this time makes more sense compared to when it was priced higher as a weaker machine due to the Kinect being bundled in with it
Which is fine with me
Because I want my X now :(

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Thanks for the link. Looks like as long as a movie supports both, we should be fine.

All Dolby Vision UHDs (very few of them) I've bought so far have also supported HDR10. It seems to be the most available one as well and not all Tv manufacturers seems to be supporting Dolby Vision HDR anyway, so I doubt a movie would come out on disc with exclusive Dolby Vision support, but you never know!

Dabanton

It should outsell the Pro, Sony didn't market the Pro at all because it's not the console they want to sell the most. They want it to do well of course but their focus is the PS4 first and foremost.

Microsoft though want us to buy the X and are marketing as so. Being the most powerful console ever and they can say that and be proud with the price tag. It's a hell of a machine for the price point and this time makes more sense compared to when it was priced higher as a weaker machine due to the Kinect being bundled in with it
Which is fine with me

Why do you think Sony didn't want the Pro to sell?

Undermining your own product is kinda backwards.

Dodger

Neo Member
I've got my pre-order in via GS.

I don't know if it'll sell like crazy or like crap, I don't know if this'll be Xbox's grand return or if it'll flail... I want one, I'm getting one.

I'm probably a little different than most console players, though - I'm not as interested in the whole cinematic-3rd-person-action-game thing that Sony's so good at. I'm genuinely more interested in Sea of Thieves than I am in God of War. Sue me.

I think the One X looks great, can't wait.

KageMaru

Which is fine with me

I wouldn't really read too much into these Amazon sales ranking figures. Regardless of marketing tactics, the sales for the 1X are likely to drop off a cliff after the holidays.

All Dolby Vision UHDs (very few of them) I've bought so far have also supported HDR10. It seems to be the most available one as well and not all Tv manufacturers seems to be supporting Dolby Vision HDR anyway, so I doubt a movie would come out on disc with exclusive Dolby Vision support, but you never know!

Awesome, thanks for the insight. I can't wait to build my movie collection back up with better looking versions.

gamz

Which is fine with me

Never heard of a company coming out with a product not wanting to sell it, but I'll roll with it.

Colbert

Banned
More photos of the color gradient of the Special Edition on WindowsCentral.com:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition

xbox-one-x-scorpio-front.jpg

xbox-one-x-scorpio-controller-2.jpg

xbox-one-x-scorpio-name-2.jpg

see5harp

I do think the gradient looks okay. I probably would rather just have solid grey or solid matte black though. I'll keep the preorder.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Which is fine with me

Tell me again why Sony wouldn't want their premium product to sell? Especially when said product is most likely being sold to people who already bought the non-premium product.

AmyS

Project Scorpio Edition preordered.

Walked into my third nearest GameStop, they had just a couple left as of this afternoon.

Garryk

Looks like it's down to only Gamestop now. I would think we'll see the regular edition pre-orders start up once you can't get the Scorpio. I can't imagine retailers being ok with leaving launch day sales up to chance. They'll want to lock people in with pre-orders.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Tell me again why Sony wouldn't want their premium product to sell? Especially when said product is most likely being sold to people who already bought the non-premium product.

The speculation is they just keep it in the back ground to not make regular ps4 owners mad. Legitimate or not that is the theory for the lack of advertising of the pro.

gamz

The speculation is they just keep it in the back ground to not make regular ps4 owners mad. Legitimate or not that is the theory for the lack of advertising of the pro.

They think PS4 owners are stupid, so they hide it in hopes they don't know it exists?

quest

Not Banned from OT
They think PS4 owners are stupid, so they hide it in hopes they don't know it exists?

I don't believe it but that always came up in the pro threads last year. Don't want to make regular ps4 owners feel second class. I think Sony just coasting and ranking in the cash.

Sharkmaster

Neo Member

Yes. UHD Bluray will fall back to the HDR10 layer if Dolby vision isn't supported by your hardware.

Colbert

Banned
Yikes... I'm really not feeling the Scorpio Edition. Think I'll switch to a standard order if they go up eventually.

The standard gray X is sexy and sleek as hell.

Same here. I hope I can change my pre-order to the regular one. I don't need the stand anyway.

Dabanton

I don't believe it but that always came up in the pro threads last year. Don't want to make regular ps4 owners feel second class. I think Sony just coasting and ranking in the cash.

Yeah it's a narrative I've only seen on here and it's bizarre and laughable.

sangreal

Yikes... I'm really not feeling the Scorpio Edition. Think I'll switch to a standard order if they go up eventually.

The standard gray X is sexy and sleek as hell.

they're both pretty ugly tbh. have you checked out the X in person? looks pretty cheap imo. The X1S looks much nicer.

The PS edition looks like a toy but if its all I can get day one, I'll live. That vertical un-centered controller branding drives me nuts, but I can't go back from the elite anyway

mjc

So this is a dumb question.

I don't have a 4k set, and I won't when I get the XOX. That being said, will I still notice a difference with the supersampling on a 1080p set like I have now? (Compared to the X1 as it is now) Again, forgive the stupidity.

Colbert

Banned

I don't have a 4k set, and I won't when I get the XOX. That being said, will I still notice a difference with the supersampling on a 1080p set like I have now? (Compared to the X1 as it is now) Again, forgive the stupidity.

Yes you will see a difference in image quality for all games even unpatched ones because of the obligatory 16xAF texture filtering.

Bsigg12

Not stupid at all. Any game that can render above 1080p will get supersampled for your set automatically so you will see a difference.

ViciousDS

Banned

LOL. Can't stop laughing.

Edit:. Thanks for the pics Colbert. The more I see this thing the more I love it, and I typically hate special editions. This and Minecraft are ��!

Never heard of a company coming out with a product not wanting to sell it, but I'll roll with it.

I wouldn't really read too much into these Amazon sales ranking figures. Regardless of marketing tactics, the sales for the 1X are likely to drop off a cliff after the holidays.

Awesome, thanks for the insight. I can't wait to build my movie collection back up with better looking versions.

I said sell the most you dorks. Meaning they knew it was an enthusiast product and they were still going to market the most behind the OG PS4. Obviously they want it to sell, but they were not focused on it as the aimed product.

Apparently everyone skipped over two of the words I wrote haha

Please Ms make Xbox one x with high quality hardware this time when you release it in november. Every console (Xb1,x360) you have released had manufacturing faults and I had to send them in to get them fixed.
Last time with Xb1 day one edition the hdd was so damn loud with a clicking sound that I had to send it in.

Same goes with ps4. Both of ps4 and ps4 pro have i had sent in. Both replaced. How hard can it be to have high quality hardware in a 399-499usd console??

JeffG

Please Ms make Xbox one x with high quality hardware this time when you release it in november. Every console (Xb1,x360) you have released had manufacturing faults and I had to send them in to get them fixed.
Last time with Xb1 day one edition the hdd was so damn loud with a clicking sound that I had to send it in.

Same goes with ps4. Both of ps4 and ps4 pro have i had sent in. Both replace. How hard can it be to have high quality hardware in a 399-499usd console??

3 defective units. boy you are unlucky. I wonder what the odds are?

gamz

Same goes with ps4. Both of ps4 and ps4 pro have i had sent in. Both replace. How hard can it be to have high quality hardware in a 399-499usd console??

You're just unlucky anything mass produced will have bad apples.

ViciousDS

Banned

That's just unlucky man

my OG PS4 has over probably thousands of hours of use and is still rocking no problems.

My launch Day One XB1 I sold to a buddy and hes still using it to this day no issues

Damn, that Gamestop trade in deal is basically nothing it seems.

Unless Im missing something those rates are just the current trade in value anyway.

Starting to get the itch now that it's getting closer but was hoping to get a bit more for my og Xbox One

Syrus

Banned
Damn, that Gamestop trade in deal is basically nothing it seems.

Unless Im missing something those rates are just the current trade in value anyway.

Starting to get the itch now that it's getting closer but was hoping to get a bit more for my og Xbox One

Will this work for non pro members?

That's just unlucky man

my OG PS4 has over probably thousands of hours of use and is still rocking no problems.

My launch Day One XB1 I sold to a buddy and hes still using it to this day no issues

You're just unlucky anything mass produced will have bad apples.

3 defective units. boy you are unlucky. I wonder what the odds are?

Cheers guys. Good to read this. Got my hopes back again :)

Top Bottom