• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

I think the gradient actually looks amazing. Surprised that some hate it. Man I wish this thing was announced and came out a few weeks later like Sony learned from Apple. The wait is going to suck haha.

I think the gradient actually looks amazing. Surprised that some hate it. Man I wish this thing was announced and came out a few weeks later like Sony learned from Apple. The wait is going to suck haha.

The Pro was announced a few months before it's launch, right? But yeah, this sucks waiting!

I haven't seen anyone else mention it but one of the videos showed the X One has "Hello from Seattle" and "01051317" etched into it.
Xbox released in 2001, 360 in 2005, One in 2013 and X in 2017

I think the gradient effect looks pretty cool myself. Wasn't too sure about having the Scorpio writing on the console and controller, but all in all it looks like a very attractive console, just like the Xbox One S. Now it's waiting time...

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I haven't seen anyone else mention it but one of the videos showed the X One has "Hello from Seattle" and "02051317" etched into it.
Xbox released in 2002, 360 in 2005, One in 2013 and X in 2017

Wasn't OG released in 2001?

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving the gradient in those images. I dunno if it's really that pronounced or it's just the lighting but I'm definitely okay with it if so.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm certain there wasn't a gradient on the one shown in the leak images.

I don't like it, so this reinforces my wait until I can get a standard edition.

Edit: there was, it just masks itself as an effect of lighting.

FYI, Amazon UK has preorders open again.

I've seen people post multiple times about Amazon UK making more pre-orders available while Amazon.com hasn't restocked even once and they sold out in a matter of minutes. Really want to get mine from there.

I'm loving the gradient in those images. I dunno if it's really that pronounced or it's just the lighting but I'm definitely okay with it if so.

Yeah I have to agree. I'm really pickin up what they're puttin down. The gradient looks killer to my tastes. It has a certain unique flair while also fitting in just fine with an all black entertainment system (unlike my white S, which is beautifully designed but visually out of place and will be moved into my fitness room).

robjn3

Pre ordered and cancelled twice with amazon and then was thinking to myself today why did I do that and then it was saying it was sold out all day after checking and then it just came available, snagged it up I am back on the train guys, for some reason it is really appealing to me this console, looking forward to forza and horizon which I already own on pc, state of decay 2 and of of course PUBG.

TheKeyPit

Banned
The image has not a very good quality tbh. Here is another shot with a little more distance and better light and something to compare to

xbox-one-x-42.jpg
Question: Can you tell me the exact color of that table? Is it black or grey?

Edit: Those places have light sources everywhere. It will look slightly different at home.

gamz

Pre ordered and cancelled twice with amazon and then was thinking to myself today why did I do that and then it was saying it was sold out all day after checking and then it just came available, snagged it up I am back on the train guys, for some reason it is really appealing to me this console, looking forward to forza and horizon which I already own on pc, state of decay 2 and of of course PUBG.

Third time's a charm.

Caayn

Now that we've gotten better pictures showing off the gradient better than Microsoft's marketing material. I'm not sure that I like the gradient.. I do like the green project scorpio text on front.

Chitown B

Yeah they mentioned it during major Nelson's unboxing

Looks terrible imo but they haven't given us a choice to get non-PS so whatever

I mean it looks fine on display like that but I think it will look terrible sitting next to other premium electronics

kudos on the sounding super snooty...

but seriously, dust will show way less.

FN-2187

That gradient....not my taste. I got a Project Scorpio Edition in pre-order. Might swap for a regular edition. Have to see it in the flesh first.

Same. I'm not in love with the gradient based on the pictures. Hoping I like it better in person. At the same time, I really don't care all that much as it is fairly subtle. Being a limited edition, it at least makes for a conversation piece when fellow nerds are over.

On that Lamarr guys video at certain angles it just looks one colour. It's like the surface is a bit reflective so when it's stood up the light table shines onto the bottom of the console. Weird.

Here if anyone missed.

I think there is a gradient but it's also semi reflective plastic so it stands out more under certain conditions. The controller is similar but doesnt have any pattern on it like the console.

Guy that is currently at gamescom reports that the PS Edition has gradient from dark grey to black as you can see in the image below that was taken there. I am personally not happy about that if the color difference is indeed that visible!

xbox-one-x-43.jpg

So there is a vertical stand, after all.

However, I'm surprised it is not hollow so to allow for the ventilation holes to do their job properly.

That thing is sexy as hell looking. Glad I opted for the Scorpio edition.

Agree, i quite like the effect going from Black to a sleight Gray. Will say, it is definitely the lighting making it look way more drastic of a change in that show floor pic, the lighting they use in places like that are 360 all around with 1000 watt bulbs hanging from the ceiling.

Gotta say, would have been cooler if the console had "XBOX SCORPIO" printed on it (the name many were hoping it would be called) but thats just a nit-pick, very very happy to be getting the special edition. Also, LOVE the controller BTW, especially the all black buttons and the matt black/grayish look when the light hits it. Stoked for this badboy!!!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I don't mind the gradient and it's subtle enough where it really shouldn't bother anyone.

Bridges

I've got a pre-order at Wal-Mart with free shipping that'll arrive on the 10th, but I also have one from GameStop that'll arrive on launch day but costs $15 more.
I'm unsure which to cancel, is 3 days worth $15?

Sorry if it's been asked, but if I preorder the X from Gamestop.com do they charge? Nervous about them taking 500 bucks on the spot.

They don't charge til the product ships according to their order page

Anybody know if Target charges now or when preorders ship?

I have never, in my 36 years on this earth and PreOrdering atleast 10 different consoles, ever seen a place charge in full on a PreOrder. The most charged, for me was $50, i believe at Babbages (now GameStop) i had to put down $50 for the original PS, and instore PreOrderes at Best Buy were $50, and this is if you do not have an account or Credit Card with these places.

The Switch (got 2 of them) at Best Buy i had to put $50 down for each, but since then i got myself a Best Buy Credit Card, with this i didnt pay anything when PreOrding online for the Bonner X, just simply logged into my account and was good to go. They charge my card at Pick-up.

HooYaH

The gradient effect seems like the "Gamer" stuff from PC vendors. Looks horrible. Preordered, but if the regular open before release, changing order ASAP.

just placed a second order to gamestop. I know you guys will hate me, but that one is getting flipped.
Will these really be that rare / in demand? With something like the Switch, you literally need one to play the games, but the X is just an enhanced version of an existing console. Will people really pay a ton of extra moola just to get one ASAP?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Will these really be that rare / in demand? With something like the Switch, you literally need one to play the games, but the X is just an enhanced version of an existing console. Will people really pay a ton of extra moola just to get one ASAP?

Well it's targeted at the enthusiast market, so probably.

My wife asked me the same thing, and proposed what we did with the SWITCH...To buy 2 and sell one for a Profit. Right away i told her NO! As the One X is aimed at the more hardcore gamer who wants the best looking 3rd party games but don't have the money to shell out the cash and dont want to bother with the troubles of building a super powered PC.

This is me. Consoles are simply a simple way of simplifying everything a PC is in one, no hassle, no bullsht, and no extra hours having to figure out the next super chip thats gonna make me feel better about my life.

Top Bottom