• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Ushay

This is odd, for UK Amazon are putting the shipping date as 08/11 for the standard edition. But the Scorpio edition is 07/11?

Rosur2a

Preordered on Very (in the UK) as money of for new customers.

Probably gonna pick up Battlefront 2 as 4K Star Wars sounds great even if only for the single player.

jfoul

Just got a regular edition on pre-order from Amazon. Now to decide if I want to keep the project scropio edition or this one.

Lol, same. I need to decide which one I want. I'm leaning more towards Scorpio Edition though. I like the gradient, and the Scorpio markings are small and subtle.

Hey Albert can you comment a bit on the stock situation and Microsofts expectations?

Of course you can misjudge and underestimate the demand, but is the goal for MS to have units on shelf on release date Novemver the 7th? Or is the supply, more than the Project Scorpio Edition, but still limited and could sell out?

Thanks

We absolutely want stock available on launch day. We also have an aggressive replenishment plan to try and keep up with demand over the holiday.

Pre-orders are interesting and complex. For the Project Scorpio Edition, we (Xbox) managed the number of units and released those specifically as a pre-order program. We never intended those units to be available on shelf (although I expect units will trickle out). But we were working very closely with retail on that program.

For this round of pre-orders, the Retailers are driving the program. And these units will be portioned from the units available on launch day.

I only say that since I think you will see a broader variety of implementations around the world (game bundles vs. standalone, in-store vs. online, etc.) and that's really up to how each retailer wants to manage their launch.

Does that help?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
We absolutely want stock available on launch day. We also have an aggressive replenishment plan to try and keep up with demand over the holiday.

Pre-orders are interesting and complex. For the Project Scorpio Edition, we (Xbox) managed the number of units and released those specifically as a pre-order program. We never intended those units to be available on shelf (although I expect units will trickle out). But we were working very closely with retail on that program.

For this round of pre-orders, the Retailers are driving the program. And these units will be portioned from the units available on launch day.

I only say that since I think you will see a broader variety of implementations around the world (game bundles vs. standalone, in-store vs. online, etc.) and that's really up to how each retailer wants to manage their launch.

Does that help?

Thanks for this Albert.

Have a regular and a Scorpio edition. I have a PC that's more powerful, but trying to get PC games to work properly with HDR might have me buying more multi-platform titles on the X.

Does that help?
very much, yes
any insight and additional word on the situation is welcome
i know you could and would not give a number of units available.

Picked up a preorder, only 100 at GS so I can just take it back it I don't want it. What sold me was the trade in credit towards a one x when I trade in my Xbox one (150 towards the system)

Reallink

What is Newegg smoking, they not only don't accept returns on consoles, they won't even exchange/replace if you get a borked unit.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://m.gamestop.com/pages/collection/xbox-one-x

Has both standalone and bundles

20170920_134100yws4j.png

modsbox

Just a warning to those ordering on Amazon, they will *not* pricematch after they ship it to you under any circumstances.

PS4 Pro was available within 5 days of launch for $360 via Target and at one point $340 from another retailer.

Both of those prices were matched by Amazon on their site, but in both cases Amazon refused to pricematch either a competitor or themselves for my original launch day purchase.

Especially with the high price point I'd expect at least one retailer will do a deal of some kind near launch. As a result if I buy one of these (still deciding) I'm going B&M via Target or BB. Simply because pricematches after purchase are possible.

nice I got one

Albert, talk to your boys at Namco about a Dark Souls 3 patch, huh? ;)

The absolute best way to get the game you want Enhanced is to request it from the developer!

Don't ping me, or Major Nelson or P3 or Qwik. We've seen a ton of developer support as you can see by how fast the list has grown.

But ultimately the best path is for customers who want to see updates to request directly with the developers and publishers. We want to see ALL the games Enhanced. But it's not our call for 3PP games. :)

Reallink

Just a warning to those ordering on Amazon, they will *not* pricematch after they ship it to you under any circumstances.

PS4 Pro was available within 5 days of launch for $360 via Target and at one point $340 from another retailer.

Both of those prices were matched by Amazon on their site, but in both cases Amazon refused to pricematch either a competitor or themselves for my original launch day purchase.

Especially with the high price point I'd expect at least one retailer will do a deal of some kind near launch. As a result if I buy one of these (still deciding) I'm going B&M via Target or BB. Simply because pricematches after purchase are possible.

I'm not sure why anyone's buying from Amazon in the first place considering they now charge full fat sales tax everywhere. Actually, they probably overcharge you if you live in a county with a different (usually lower) %'age than the universal rate they agreed upon with your state. Just buy it from Target (Red Card 5%) or Best Buy (they honor lower tax rates if you ship to home). Easy return/exchange as well.

Padinn

Does that help?

Do you know if MS store will take trades on original xb1 towards an xb1x? I have an original I will need to trade or sell.

Canceled my Scorpio Edition preorder for a standard one. Hell, I may end up canceling that too since I’m likely building a new PC near the end of the year. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Had this happen to me, the Amazon rep actually told me to return the ps4 pro for a refund and order another one at the current price. They would have rather i returned it to them than just give me a straight up refund for the difference.

Got my pre order in at the Microsoft store in Canada. They've always delivered the console on launch day, have the best support and I could use my remaining Xbox balance towards the purchase!

does best buy charge full amount on preorder?

Yes and no. They "pre-authorize" your card for the full amount, which does restrict you from spending the money. It also means that if you don't have that much available to spend, they'll cancel the order.

They do not fully charge your card until the order ships though.

Top Bottom