• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

solis74

Are all the Microsoft First party games announced to be enhanced for the Xbox X Native 4K, only know about Forza and KI so far?

Colbert

Banned
Are all the Microsoft First party games announced to be enhanced for the Xbox X Native 4K, only know about Forza and KI so far?

1P titles get a patch:
Halo 5,
Gears 4,
Forza Horizon 3,
Halo Wars 2,
Recore,
Quantum Break (not native 4K but 1440p instead of 720p)

No update/patch for:
Sunset Overdrive,
Ryse,
Ori and the Blind Forest,
Master Chief Collection,
Gears of War Ultimate Edition

Not sure where else to ask, but I think this is the best place.

I don't have the One X preordered, but I do plan on getting it at some point. I plan to sell/trade my current vanilla XB1 and I was wondering if I need to do anything aside from clearing it out and restoring factory settings. Everything is stored on the cloud, right? So all I'll need to do is re-download the games I wish to play along with game and save data once I get the One X?

Colbert

Banned

I don't have the One X preordered, but I do plan on getting it at some point. I plan to sell/trade my current vanilla XB1 and I was wondering if I need to do anything aside from clearing it out and restoring factory settings. Everything is stored on the cloud, right? So all I'll need to do is re-download the games I wish to play along with game and save data once I get the One X?

I would copy your games and settings to an external drive before you trade-in your console. Just wait for the new UI update which should be released mid of October. It brings all the tools to do it in a more convenient way than currently!

Pretty much, even your pins and all transfer over. Some console settings like standby and such will not transfer so you might wanna write down your options somewhere just in case for super quick setting up when the X arrives.

Colbert

Banned
Pretty much, even your pins and all transfer over. Some console settings like standby and such will not transfer so you might wanna write down your options somewhere just in case for super quick setting up when the X arrives.

The new UI brings a migration tool that allows to save all your settings on an external drive. Just wait for this UI update and use the migration features in there.

I would copy your games and settings to an external drive before you trade-in your console. Just wait for the new UI update which should be released mid of October. It brings all the tools to do it in a more convenient way than currently!

Oh I didn't know about that. Yeah, I don't plan on trading it in until closer to when I get the One X (maybe December or January). Thanks!

Colbert

Banned
Oh I didn't know about that. Yeah, I don't plan on trading it in until closer to when I get the One X (maybe December or January). Thanks!

Just that you know what to look for a screenshot of the features. There was a video somewhere but I don't find it anymore.

Detailed walk through on the migration tools from PAX West 2017 Xbox Panel: Twitter

Xbox-One-X-game-transfer.jpg

JP

Dammit, I'm on the verge of ordering one of these now.

Only just got a 4K/HDR TV and I'm loving how good the Pro is on that TV so I've been thinking about it for a couple of days. I'm primarily a PS4 gamer and that's really not going to change but I have the white Sunset Overdrive console and that obviously doesn't support HDR so I was thinking about buying an Xbox One S but that obviously isn't capable of the higher resolutions.

Although HDR would be the main reason for me to upgrade and the X isn't cheap but I am seriously thinking about upgrading to that. The thought of playing Forza Horizon 3 at 4K with HDR is really pushing me to do that and also now that I have a 4K panel with HDR I'll also be getting a UHD Bluray player in the console.

Was the UHD player in the S of decent quality? Dammit, I'm so close to ordering one...I don't see myself going the rest of week without ordering.

How easy is it to move from one Xbox to another? I've never had to do it before.

Is the X ever going to come back up for pre order on Amazon before release? Sort of surprised it hasn't since it went out of stock after 24 hours.

Smokey

Dammit, I'm on the verge of ordering one of these now.

Only just got a 4K/HDR TV and I'm loving how good the Pro is on that TV so I've been thinking about it for a couple of days. I'm primarily a PS4 gamer and that's really not going to change but I have the white Sunset Overdrive console and that obviously doesn't support HDR so I was thinking about buying an Xbox One S but that obviously isn't capable of the higher resolutions.

Although HDR would be the main reason for me to upgrade and the X isn't cheap but I am seriously thinking about upgrading to that. The thought of playing Forza Horizon 3 at 4K with HDR is really pushing me to do that and also now that I have a 4K panel with HDR I'll also be getting a UHD Bluray player in the console.

Was the UHD player in the S of decent quality? Dammit, I'm so close to ordering one...I don't see myself going the rest of week without ordering.

How easy is it to move from one Xbox to another? I've never had to do it before.

I just got an OLED. Have PS4 Pro and One X preordered. I went ahead and got a standalone player. A standalone will give you more features and some improved PQ. I read alot about the UHD player in the S crashing or having some issues, so I just went ahead with the LG UHD player.

JP

You can either just use a usb HDD or you can use the built in network transfer options
Thanks for that.

I don't actually have that many games so I may just deactivate the old console and sign in and download them again as I don't have a free hdd at the moment and it's very unlikely that I'll need more space than the included 1TB.
I just got an OLED. Have PS4 Pro and One X preordered. I went ahead and got a standalone player. A standalone will give you more features and some improved PQ. I read alot about the UHD player in the S crashing or having some issues, so I just went ahead with the LG UHD player.
I'll see what I think of the X UHD player and hopefully, it'll be sufficient for me...hopefully.

Well, I've pre-ordered one from amazon.co.uk.

I was refreshing the page while deciding whether I should order or not and the Project Scorpio Edition briefly came back in stock which has the free stand included. I'm not sure whether I prefer the standard edition or not but I went for this because I did want a stand which you don't get with the standard edition.

I've got a month to decide which version I'd prefer, not that it really matters. I noticed that the Project Scorpio Version went out of stock within a few minutes of me ordering so they may have just been getting rid of a few cancelled pre-orders.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-03_at_18.36.52.png

EDIT:
I've managed to find a couple of naked 2TB hard drives, I've just ordered a USB 3 enclosure from Amazon as I may as well download a some games in preparation.

So I managed to place a preorder with Amazon US as soon as they went up. It still doesn't have an estimate for the delivery date though. Are we at all worried they're going to pull the same trick they did with the SNES Classic and sell them using their Treasure Trucks instead of fulfilling the pre-orders at release?

TURBO1112

Having an ordeal with support right now. My rewards points have been removed from my pre order. And Amazon and Chase have no idea where they went.

'When I made the pre order a month or so ago I used some credit and reward points that I already had. Then today I checked that same pre order to see the remaining balance which was $251.34. I then reloaded my card with that exact amount so I couldnt pay off remaining balance. But it still shows around $90 remaining. Its like you guys took away some previous credit I had applied."

Anyone elses order still not have a delivery date? I pre ordered mine like minute 1 and the name in my order doesnt say scorpio edition but when i click it it says scorpio edition. How likely is it that amazon will cancel on me?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Anyone elses order still not have a delivery date? I pre ordered mine like minute 1 and the name in my order doesnt say scorpio edition but when i click it it says scorpio edition. How likely is it that amazon will cancel on me?

Mine doesn't have a date, I ordered well within the in stock period.

Ferny

Mine doesn't have a date, I ordered well within the in stock period.

Same here. I got a scorpio and standard and neither have dates and it was ordered right away.

I'm hoping the standard gets a date soon cause I want that one rather than scorpio.

MrBenchmark

If it runs on the same software then i'll continue using my stand alone player which i had to buy because they have completely fucked the blacks on 4k disks. brown every where regular blurays black are fine 4k disks are screwed.

I opted out of the Alpha preview program after years testing both 360 and the One.

Happy to report 4K Blu-rays play perfect on stock software,SO as long as they don't release that bug in the next official update then i can say with confidence use it for 4K disc's of course i have a stand alone unit now so i'll be using that.

Super excited for the X and i hope it allows me to remote play Destiny 2 like i did D1 the Xbox One S is overworked by that game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Best Buy has the non-Scorpio X up for preorder now.

I think it has been up for a while that way now, no? I mean, I know after SE sold out, they put the standard up in Aug/Sept. sometime. Did it sell out of standard ed and come back again?

Weevilone

I think it has been up for a while that way now, no? I mean, I know after SE sold out, they put the standard up in Aug/Sept. sometime. Did it sell out of standard ed and come back again?

I thought it was unavailable and just came back. I suppose I could be wrong.

C4Lukins

Yeah I think it has been available at Best Buy since they put up Pre-Orders for the standard edition.

Sold Out at
Amazon
Walmart
Target

Available at
Gamestop
Best Buy
Microsoft Store

I just spent an hour and a half on forza 7 and am just in awe. The first thing I will do once I hook up my X is play a race in Prague.

Christ almighty

jond76

Banned

Mine is the same way. It's like some sort of limbo order. We'll see I guess.

JMY86

Yeah mine is the same way. I wouldn't worry my PS4 Pro preorder was the same way and it was delivered on release day.

Weevilone

FYI for anyone that has preorder thru Microsoft Online Store.

Dell is selling Xbox Live credit for 10% off (Code: GAMEON). Ebates is doing a 10% cash back promo for Dell, so use that to link to Dell. You can alter the payment method of the Xbox preorder at MS.

I ordered $300 worth of MS bucks from Dell and got digital delivery for $270. Ebates gave me $27 cash back in my account pretty soon after the order. It should be possible to buy $500 worth of credit for $450 and get $45 cash back. Call up MS and ask that they hit the MS bucks before the credit card on the preorder.

PITA but save almost $100.

EDIT: Ebates fine print says that "gift cards" don't count for the 10%, but they did indeed credit me automatically anyways. Worst case they figure it out later and you only save 10%, but I've never seen Ebates pull something back after.

gossi

Re the talk above about 4K game updates and transferring settings, this is in the Beta channel now. I’ve tried it, it works - Forza now checks in at almost 100gb in size, and my Xbox Live profile and Xbox settings are synced with USB drive.

So when the X arrives I just unplug the USB drive, plug it into X, power on X and there my profile, settings and games will be.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I need to see halo 5 and pcars2 running on this thing ASAP. Having serious second thoughts on my preorder

Ferny

FYI for anyone that has preorder thru Microsoft Store.

Dell is selling Xbox Live credit for 10% off (Code: GAMEON). Ebates is doing a 10% cash back promo for Dell, so use that to link to Dell. You can alter the payment method of the Xbox preorder at MS.

I ordered $300 worth of MS bucks from Dell and got digital delivery for $270. Ebates gave me $27 cash back in my account pretty soon after the order. It should be possible to buy $500 worth of credit for $450 and get $45 cash back. Call up MS and ask that they hit the MS bucks before the credit card on the preorder.

Not bad! Thanks for the info

FYI for anyone that has preorder thru Microsoft Store.

EDIT: Ebates fine print says that "gift cards" don't count for the 10%, but they did indeed credit me automatically anyways. Worst case they figure it out later and you only save 10%, but I've never seen Ebates pull something back after.

Can you use Xbox live credit or gift cards at Ms store? Because I called my local Ms store and they said you can't... You can only use credit to make purchases on Microsoftstore.con

Weevilone

Can you use Xbox live credit or gift cards at Ms store? Because I called my local Ms store and they said you can't... You can only use credit to make purchases on Microsoftstore.con

I don't know about in store, so perhaps I should clarify. I forgot they have physical stores in some places. Editing post for clarity, thanks for bringing this up.

jelly

I need to see halo 5 and pcars2 running on this thing ASAP. Having serious second thoughts on my preorder

Is there any rush. I mean you could wait until Halo 6, RDR2 or whatever. Does current Xbox performance with games bother you enough to make the jump next month?

After much waffling, preordered at Gamestop. I just can't resist new hardware.

Don't think I'm going to bother with all the migration business, will just redownload games and start anew.

After much waffling, preordered at Gamestop. I just can't resist new hardware.

Don't think I'm going to bother with all the migration business, will just redownload games and start anew.

Same, love new hardware. Also after playing Battlefront 2 on base xbx 1 s, I need that scorpio. Not much of a long wait now, really excited for it!

Going to be revisiting some games, can't wait.

Top Bottom