• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Delryk

Just wondering... preordered the Xbox One X from Microsoft store and their shipping information says "Standard - free"... Any of you know what they use? Is this going to be on the release day?

Depending what they use for shipment, i might take the day off.. I'm in Canada and UPS/Purolator here leaves the package on the front door....

Colbert

Banned
I read a lot of delivery questions here. Just to understand as a german, don't you have on-premise date delivery from Amazon?

lcd

Just wondering... preordered the Xbox One X from Microsoft store and their shipping information says "Standard - free"... Any of you know what they use? Is this going to be on the release day?

Depending what they use for shipment, i might take the day off.. I'm in Canada and UPS/Purolator here leaves the package on the front door....

I'm also in Canada and just checked back through my emails from 2013 and saw my original Xbox One preorder from the Microsoft store was shipped via UPS. I had it shipped to my workplace though as I don't trust delivery companies not to leave packages wherever. Also preordered the Project Scorpio XB1X from them this time as well with delivery to work.

Long story short, I'm crazy and have more time to think about playing/buying games than I do to actually play them. This led to much waffling on the decision to buy the Xbox One X, but my best bud has finally convinced me to make the investment. I'm gonna go pre-order my console at Gamestop in about 30 minutes or so and I'm pretty hyped!

The only downside will be that I'm going to a show on the 7th, so I won't have much time for day one festivities. Such is life, and I've been waiting for said show for quite some time so I can't really complain.

I'm still gonna try to win one via Taco Bell as well. Can't turn down the option to potentially get it for free.

FN-2187

Long story short, I'm crazy and have more time to think about playing/buying games than I do to actually play them. This led to much waffling on the decision to buy the Xbox One X, but my best bud has finally convinced me to make the investment. I'm gonna go pre-order my console at Gamestop in about 30 minutes or so and I'm pretty hyped!

The only downside will be that I'm going to a show on the 7th, so I won't have much time for day one festivities. Such is life, and I've been waiting for said show for quite some time so I can't really complain.

I'm still gonna try to win one via Taco Bell as well. Can't turn down the option to potentially get it for free.

Unless you are doing an external HDD or network transfer of your stuff from your existing Xbox, day one is likely going to be a whole lot of downloading games and patches anyway. Get it set up and queue everything for download and go enjoy your show!

Unless you are doing an external HDD or network transfer of your stuff from your existing Xbox, day one is likely going to be a whole lot of downloading games and patches anyway. Get it set up and queue everything for download and go enjoy your show!

Yeah, I've got an external so I'll be all set there! I believe they said we'll be able to pre-load some patches for certain games didn't they? Hopefully it'll be a fairly smooth transition!

Delryk

I'm also in Canada and just checked back through my emails from 2013 and saw my original Xbox One preorder from the Microsoft store was shipped via UPS. I had it shipped to my workplace though as I don't trust delivery companies not to leave packages wherever. Also preordered the Project Scorpio XB1X from them this time as well with delivery to work.

So UPS.. nice... you get it on release day then?

Yeah, I've got an external so I'll be all set there! I believe they said we'll be able to pre-load some patches for certain games didn't they? Hopefully it'll be a fairly smooth transition!

I’ve got to pick one up soon. Best Buy has a deal right now, but not sure if I should go for 2TB or splurge a bit on the 4TB. I plan on primarily going physical since I’ve got GCU so I’m thinking 2TB should be fine. I keep flip flopping though.

I pre-ordered from EB games in Canada. I'm hoping they run the $200 trade in value program closer to launch, the most I can part with my One for is 2 weeks.

RPS37

I’ve got to pick one up soon. Best Buy has a deal right now, but not sure if I should go for 2TB or splurge a bit on the 4TB. I plan on primarily going physical since I’ve got GCU so I’m thinking 2TB should be fine. I keep flip flopping though.
I have a 4TB external that's already half full without any X enhanced games. You know what to do.

I have a 4TB external that's already half full without any X enhanced games. You know what to do.

You think this would be a good option? I was going to opt for the portable version, but this is $10 cheaper and I’ll never see it anyway.

https://www.bestbuy.com//site/wd-easystore-4tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792400.p?skuId=5792400

I’m also looking at this one. I’ve got $10 Amazon credit to use so that would really make it more reasonable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0713WPGLL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_b0AZzbXBDNN10

You think this would be a good option? I was going to opt for the portable version, but this is $10 cheaper and I’ll never see it anyway.

https://www.bestbuy.com//site/wd-easystore-4tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792400.p?skuId=5792400

I’m also looking at this one. I’ve got $10 Amazon credit to use so that would really make it more reasonable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0713WPGLL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_b0AZzbXBDNN10

If you're going for 4TB the best option would be the pocket drive. I would only use a larger powered drive if I were looking to go to 6+TB

I've got to pick one up soon. Best Buy has a deal right now, but not sure if I should go for 2TB or splurge a bit on the 4TB. I plan on primarily going physical since I've got GCU so I'm thinking 2TB should be fine. I keep flip flopping though.

I've got that offer too! I thought about grabbing a 4Tb drive, but I already have a 1Tb right now. I think I'll wait until further into the gen before I invest heavily in another drive. If whatever comes after Project Scorpio is compatible with the same external drive and all of my games, I'll invest big. Until then I think I'll survive.

Ordered a 4K TV!

I have nothing that can take advantage of it until my X gets here though...

Congrats! I know that as soon as I get my One X I'll be clawing at the walls for a new TV. That will come with time though. Is it a Smart TV? If so you might have 4K content already via Netflix, etc...

g23

European pre-madonna
Is there a chance that Amazon will have stock on Scorpio editions again? I really want to order through them since I have tons of Amazon credit.

LOLIOREO

Neo Member
I succeeded in preorder a scorpio edition!
I'm Japanese and It is rumored that in Japan there are only hundreds or fewer consoles.

Fukuzatsu

I succeeded in preorder a scorpio edition!
I'm Japanese and It is rumored that in Japan there are only hundreds or fewer consoles.

Xbox One doesn't even sell 100 machines nationwide on a weekly basis, so that shouldn't be surprising. Is there a place in your area that is actually doing pre-orders for XBOX? I haven't seen any here, but I'm in Fukuoka.

Ricker

Bringing my X1 to EBGames today,since its the deadline for the 200 bucks trade in,everything is transfered and the console reset to defaults...watch them prolong that deadline closer to release...oh well its not like I dont have anything to play on the Pro and Steam and Vita... ;)

My first game on the X1X will probably be AC Origins and might be on a 4k set...not sure on that yet.

LOLIOREO

Neo Member
Xbox One doesn't even sell 100 machines nationwide on a weekly basis, so that shouldn't be surprising. Is there a place in your area that is actually doing pre-orders for XBOX? I haven't seen any here, but I'm in Fukuoka.

I live in Tokyo.
When I went to the store after work I was fortunate to have stock.
Anyway, I think that Microsoft Japan did well at the same launch date in this state.

Bringing my X1 to EBGames today,since its the deadline for the 200 bucks trade in,everything is transfered and the console reset to defaults...watch them prolong that deadline closer to release...oh well its not like I dont have anything to play on the Pro and Steam and Vita... ;)

My first game on the X1X will probably be AC Origins and might be on a 4k set...not sure on that yet.

This Australia?
I didn't know there was a deadline, that's friggen stupid if so!
Do they expect Xbox fans to go without for 6 weeks before release?

I was planning on trading my S.

Fukuzatsu

I live in Tokyo.
When I went to the store after work I was fortunate to have stock.
Anyway, I think that Microsoft Japan did well at the same launch date in this state.

Looks like Microsoft updated their Japanese site with the info. Good to see a simultaneous launch, but if anyone thought that the price point (~54,000 yen incl. tax, roughly 406 EUR, 480 USD) would be rough in the west, good god is this thing DOA in Japan. On some level I'm amazed they're even selling it.

deadfolk

Just got €198 in Gamestop for my fat Xbone!

Result! Scorpio is all paid off now, and they're also doing 20% off an Elite Controller when bought with a 1X...so with my trade-in I only have to add €12! November can't come fast enough.

Ricker

This Australia?
I didn't know there was a deadline, that's friggen stupid if so!
Do they expect Xbox fans to go without for 6 weeks before release?

I was planning on trading my S.

No I'm in Canada...I know it sucks and if the One was my only console I would of bitched a lot more abou it...

DoomGyver

I’m gonna have to cancel mine because of data caps. I can’t do it on 40gb a month, now if they included an extra data disc for the 4k content then I could.

Guess Microsoft lost a sale. I really want this console too.

Dahaka

Amazon changed my Xbox One PS Edition to the normal one and I didn't even get a notification. Anyone else had their PS Edition "canceled" or replaced with the normal XOX?

gamz

I’m gonna have to cancel mine because of data caps. I can’t do it on 40gb a month, now if they included an extra data disc for the 4k content then I could.

Guess Microsoft lost a sale. I really want this console too.

Your cap is 40GB a month?!? That's ridiculous.

Amazon changed my Xbox One PS Edition to the normal one and I didn't even get a notification. Anyone else had their PS Edition "canceled" or replaced with the normal XOX?

Under my orders, it says normal edition, but when I click the link it takes me to the Scorpio edition. This was from when they first went up and hadn’t changed the name over yet. More concerning is the fact that there is no release date delivery, and never was upon checkout. Good thing I have one preordered at Best Buy too, correct listing and with release day delivery, so I’ll cancel my Amazon order unless it gets updated to release day delivery soon. Amazon, what are you doing, I used to be such a loyal customer. Fuck up after fuck up this year.

Under my orders, it says normal edition, but when I click the link it takes me to the Scorpio edition. This was from when they first went up and hadn’t changed the name over yet. More concerning is the fact that there is no release date delivery, and never was upon checkout. Good thing I have one preordered at Best Buy too, correct listing and with release day delivery, so I’ll cancel my Amazon order unless it gets updated to release day delivery soon. Amazon, what are you doing, I used to be such a loyal customer. Fuck up after fuck up this year.

I'm in the same boat (always showed the regular edition but linked to the PS edition since the day pre-orders opened though). Also, have a second one at Best Buy pre-ordered for my buddy if he ends up wanting one. I generally trust Amazon with this stuff, but it is less than great to not have an estimated delivery date and the wrong name on the order list.

I did the same thing with my preorder, although I went one step further and just canceled the Amazon one. Nowadays, I use Best Buy for hardware and Amazon for everything else--it's just become too risky to rely on Amazon for preordered hardware, IMO.

Just got €198 in Gamestop for my fat Xbone!

Result! Scorpio is all paid off now, and they're also doing 20% off an Elite Controller when bought with a 1X...so with my trade-in I only have to add €12! November can't come fast enough.
How did you get $200 for an OG Xbox?

deadfolk

How did you get $200 for an OG Xbox?

They actually got more like $235 or something.

Must have traded a bunch of games. You can buy a new S for not much more.

Nope. Just the console. Not even with a Kinect.

I have no idea why it was so much. I'm amazed myself. I was in the store on Saturday and I asked how much. When they told me I thought it was a mistake, but I went back on Sunday and sure enough...€198.

It was 180 base, but I got an extra 10% for having a loyalty card.

I was totally expecting to turn up and be told like €80 or something - especially as it was a different guy serving. It's only 500gb, too! And they sell the S with Fifa and a shirt for €249 atm. Makes no sense to me at all!

nikos

Target canceled my Scorpio Edition preorder due to a billing issue. The Target REDcard I used as a payment method was recently upgraded to a MasterCard, and the number must have changed.

You’d think their system would know, since it’s their own card, or they’d at least give you some time to change your payment method. So now I’m either going to get the standard edition, which I think I prefer anyway, or skip it altogether. I was always on the fence about it. Still kind of sucks.

Top Bottom