• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
now that we're closing in on launch day, would've been really nice if they could've gone a couple weeks earlier to coincide with big releases like Wolfenstein and AC. felt the same way about the PS4 Pro last year

Congratz! Quite an investment. I only have a B6 but I am totally happy with it!
Yeah happy to finally join the Oled club. Took two years of looking and dreaming. Now I'm only waiting for the monster to be delivered from MS. Need a monster to show off what an Oled screen goes for.

now that we're closing in on launch day, would've been really nice if they could've gone a couple weeks earlier to coincide with big releases like Wolfenstein and AC. felt the same way about the PS4 Pro last year

Felt like it should've came out in early October

Anyone pick up a couple Atmos speakers in preparation? My receiver supports Atmos, but I can't decide if I should bother adding a couple height speakers now, or waiting to see what support is like. I don't watch many movies at home, so I'm more or less interested for games.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I preordered mine through work (yes I have to buy one - I did get a free “I made this” OG xbone tho) but it occurs to me I don’t know which model I preordered. I hope it’s the Scorpio edition. Then I can move my S upstairs to the play/sitting/dining/junk room.

Anyone pick up a couple Atmos speakers in preparation? My receiver supports Atmos, but I can't decide if I should bother adding a couple height speakers now, or waiting to see what support is like. I don't watch many movies at home, so I'm more or less interested for games.

Genuinely considering it after being swayed by a startlingly clear demo. Problem is I designed my theater setup around my beloved Yamaha ysp soundbar. So I’d need to either do some construction or go wireless.

Tall Paul

I got a Samsung Atmos Soundbar a few months ago but haven’t hooked up the console to it yet, fab for films though but I imagine a full Atmos System will really deliver the theatre experience.

Stinkles

I got a Samsung Atmos Soundbar a few months ago but haven’t hooked up the console to it yet, fab for films though but I imagine a full Atmos System will really deliver the theatre experience.

I’m looking at this bad boy. I have a much older version and I absolutely love it. The 5.1 positional audio is startlingly good - and I use it every day for gaming - in FPS games where hearing footsteps from a specific direction is an advantage, it’s better than surround headphones and almost indistinguishable from mounted speakers. I think my room will be perfect for the reflecting vertical positioning so I might give this one a shot and see if vertical positioning in games is accurate and not a vague feeling.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016B44AP4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Bonus - the actual audio fidelity for music and other non surround applications is fantastic. Yamaha’s patents on this (reflected positional) tech are wondrous. I’ve listened o a lot of rival sound bars including Sony and Martin Logan and nothing comes close. Literally the only downside is that if you make a significant change to your room, you might have to pull out the mic and recalibrate. But even that’s a simple step.

I saved two settings - a generic 5.1 profile for when I’m alone in the room and one with four people on the couch watching a film. It’s noticeably different.

rokkerkory

I’m looking at this bad boy. I have a much older version and I absolutely love it. The 5.1 positional audio is startlingly good - and I use it every day for gaming - in FPS games where hearing footsteps from a specific direction is an advantage, it’s better than surround headphones and almost indistinguishable from mounted speakers. I think my room will be perfect for the reflecting vertical positioning so I might give this one a shot and see if vertical positioning in games is accurate and not a vague feeling.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016B44AP4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Bonus - the actual audio fidelity for music and other non surround applications is fantastic. Yamaha’s patents on this (reflected positional) tech are wondrous. I’ve listened o a lot of rival sound bars including Sony and Martin Logan and nothing comes close. Literally the only downside is that if you make a significant change to your room, you might have to pull out the mic and recalibrate. But even that’s a simple step.

I saved two settings - a generic 5.1 profile for when I’m alone in the room and one with four people on the couch watching a film. It’s noticeably different.

Holy cow $$$ :(

Hopefully tech will become cheaper soon <$500 is sweet spot for me

Xando

Anyone know if there's a online store having pre order for day one (europe)? Not sure i can go to a store due to work on day one.

Rosur2a

Yea do wish it was out the same day as AC as would of been a good to be able to push 4K AC. Though the 27th is Mario day for me, then AC with the launch of the X.

Nowise10

After stupidly canceling I have managed to acquire a Scorpio edition from Amazon UK. Please remind me not to cancel again. Thanks :)

I mean, are you sure you really need it? $500 is a lot of money to put down for a video game console, and it could go into much more stuff....

just kidding dont cancel

Stinkles

Holy cow $$$ :(

Hopefully tech will become cheaper soon <$500 is sweet spot for me

The one I currently have (doesn't support Atmos and is spotty for HDMI passthru latency not to mention an HDMI 1.something standardso I use optical) is the YSP 3000 series and shows up occasionally on sale, or used, but has sort of miraculously kept a hold of about $700 price point for several years. Hard to say if that's because it's valuable or just obscure.

USF

Going to trade in my X1S for X1X
Don’t need to backup installs (only got 4 games)
Is the reset setting enough to do the job?
- Will it keep my saves in the cloud?
- Will it remove the console from my devices?

Anything I should keep in mind?

OgCarnage

Banned
I bought myself a Samsung 8500 series in preparation for this day, not sure if this is a good tv for it! but I am extremely happy with the picture it produces when watching 4k Netflix. so Hyped

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Like I mentioned before, I don't mind if my Scorpio Edition comes a bit late as long as it comes since I'm super-busy anyways. Wouldn't mind if Amazon did something to make up for not having it on release day though.

I have no experience with the resetting, but I would imagine that it would be enough. Your save files will remain in the cloud as long as you use the same Gamertag for sure.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

When I sold my XB1 I reset it a couple of times to be sure and if I remember correctly you can remove the device from your account over at Xbox.com.

Saves will be in the cloud.

BetterCallSauls

Neo Member
Ordered the 65" X930E from Best Buy during their one day sale. Now I need to run all the HDMI to the TV mount so I can keep the av stuff in the closet.

mjc

Just checked my Amazon US order and its the same as you guys, no estimated delivery date yet. I preordered within a minute or two of them going up on the site as well. I'd like to stick with it because I had a credit to use on part of it...but I wouldn't be ultra tore up if I have to get a regular X instead. I just might wait if this order for the Scorpio Edition falls through.

got my LG 65 G7P OLED

ready for the X :)

The blacks on them OLED's are insane!!! Last December me and my bro both purchased new TV's on the same week, he got an LG OLED and i picked up the LGUH8500 65" UHD. I thought my TV was badass until i seen his! Just wow, never knew how much of a difference it would make going from an edge lite display to an OLED with each layer creating its own light source for each pixel, what a difference!

I still have yet to see a game in 4K though on my screen, while my bro has a 1080 gtx hooked to his 65" OLED, so he IS cheating to some degree! lol But one thing is for sure, the blacks dont lie!

I'm Just so darn happy to finally be able to get the console that i purchased this TV for! Project Scorpio was my main motivation behind purchasing this TV, and now we have LESS THEN 3 WEEKS TO GO BABY, 3 WEEKS!!! :D

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So the chances of me walking into a Walmart/Best Buy at midnight and purchasing the Scorpio edition is slim to none right?

I dont know my Gamestop expects to have units on hand to sale day 1.

Granted I live in a smaller community in Southern Indiana but I would say its possible.

Syrus

Banned

Most likely support will be minimal most games still dont support 7.1

But when they do , 7.1 is great!!!

USF

I have no experience with the resetting, but I would imagine that it would be enough. Your save files will remain in the cloud as long as you use the same Gamertag for sure.

When I sold my XB1 I reset it a couple of times to be sure and if I remember correctly you can remove the device from your account over at Xbox.com.

Saves will be in the cloud.

Thanks guys

quest

Not Banned from OT
Just ordered LG 65 C7 Oled and also ready for the X :) It's gonna be great.

Is there a sale I don't know about? Wife gave me permission to start looking at replacing the panisonic plasma. Was waiting for black Friday adds. Really want the 65 my current is 55. Was going to wait for 18s but does not look like vrr not going to be making it in.

solis74

The blacks on them OLED's are insane!!! Last December me and my bro both purchased new TV's on the same week, he got an LG OLED and i picked up the LGUH8500 65" UHD. I thought my TV was badass until i seen his! Just wow, never knew how much of a difference it would make going from an edge lite display to an OLED with each layer creating its own light source for each pixel, what a difference!

I still have yet to see a game in 4K though on my screen, while my bro has a 1080 gtx hooked to his 65" OLED, so he IS cheating to some degree! lol But one thing is for sure, the blacks dont lie!

I'm Just so darn happy to finally be able to get the console that i purchased this TV for! Project Scorpio was my main motivation behind purchasing this TV, and now we have LESS THEN 3 WEEKS TO GO BABY, 3 WEEKS!!! :D

Nice!

I pre ordered my XBOX ONE X from Gamestop using all of my gamestop credit..but I still had to add about 20 bucks from my AMEX credit card for the purchase, but when I go to the order history all it shows is the AMEX card doesn't even mention the gamestop credit so just wanted to be sure it will deduct the total amount from the credit and not just charge me the full 546 on my AMEX card

pswii60

I'm really torn.

I have both the Scorpio Edition and Standard Edition of Xbox One X pre-ordered on Amazon UK.

Obviously I need to cancel one, but which one do I cancel? Part of me thinks I should keep the limited edition version as it may hold more value in future. But another part of me is wondering whether I'll hate that green text on the front of the console.

Any opinions that others would like to share on this to try and make my decision easier?

Raide

I'm really torn.

I have both the Scorpio Edition and Standard Edition of Xbox One X pre-ordered on Amazon UK.

Obviously I need to cancel one, but which one do I cancel? Part of me thinks I should keep the limited edition version as it may hold more value in future. But another part of me is wondering whether I'll hate that green text on the front of the console.

Any opinions that others would like to share on this to try and make my decision easier?

I don't think Scorpio Edition will be worth more money, unless it goes mental and sells out for months. I am OK with the style and green text, I really don't look at it that much haha.

I'm really torn.

Hold in value?

You what mate? Just like the day one Xbox controllers? This isn't a 20th anniversary PS4.

Just buy the one you think looks better.

Top Bottom