• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

arhra

Publishers set the sale price but MS seem to have a easy worldwide strategy on sales while Sony must have multiple teams to negotiate sales in different regions.

The problem is that they set temporary sale discounts globally, but the base pricing is still set for individual markets, and some publishers seem to forget that Europe exists when they start dropping prices on older releases (ie, Batman AK being $20 in the US when it's not on sale, while in the UK it's still £54.99).

If sales are applied globally, then permanent price drops should be as well.

Sober

Left 4 Dead 2 is on sale but coming from PC I didn't know the extra campaigns and backported L4D1 stuff was paid DLC. Yeesh.

wish • Dragon Age: Origins was BC.
If a 360 game that isn't BC yet but on sale, doesn't hurt to buy it now as it probably will be BC in the future.

I bought Bioshock infinite and Red Dead Redemption for the 360 when it was on sale and wasn't BC yet. Sure it was a gamble, but it paid off when they were BC few months later.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm struggling trying to decide between Xcom2 and Gears 4.

Gears is the better sale so my cheap tendencies want me to wait for a lower price on Xcom.
Ive never played Gears campaigns solo before and I doubt I would be able coordinate scheduling to play with any friends online. So I worry that as a solo experience that Gears might not be as enjoyable.

I loved Xcom on the 360 and even played through it again when it went backwards compatible.
Xcom2 is still $55 here in Canada which feels like it's barely on sale. Sub $50 has been my rule.
But do I choose not to get a game I want because it's $5 more?

I know I'm rambling. Thats who I am

Derou

Neo Member
Is Batman the Telltale series any good? Thinking of jumping on that daily deal since it's only 10$, but don't have time to play the first episode right now.

So I got a code and bought Catherine for $3 or whatever. Is there a way for me to download it on my xbox set to Australia? When I look at the store it says I don't own it. iirc it was published by Deep Silver here so it might be an entirely seperate product in PAL Land

So I got a code and bought Catherine for $3 or whatever. Is there a way for me to download it on my xbox set to Australia? When I look at the store it says I don't own it. iirc it was published by Deep Silver here so it might be an entirely seperate product in PAL Land
Xbox One right? It should just appear in your install list. If it's a real 360 then no, this game actually is locked for each region.

Xbox One right? It should just appear in your install list. If it's a real 360 then no, this game actually is locked for each region.

Yeah on Xbox One. If I look up the game on the store it says I don't own it but if I go to xbox.com it's listed in my games

edit: didn't realise you can switch country in the menu. Changed to US and it's downloading now

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the option "Download to 360" when using the webstore? Would rather redirect the download to Xbox One if possible.

I only got about $42 in my microsoft wallet, and I can't decide what I wanna get. >_<

I'm torn between Infinite Warfare, The Division Gold, Lego Star Wars, Attack on Titan, or Dead Rising Triple Pack.

BouncyFrag

How did the mod scene turn out for Fallout 4 on the Xbone? I played it on the PS4 but was disappointed. Mods could turn that around for me as I'm really happy with Skyrim.

As I said earlier in this thread: Play on PS4. Get better versions of games and save money.

This thread is for a reason, deals for Microsoft owners. What r u doing?

I do have you're Potato Pro but why would I buy anything on it at this point when most of my/or X1 in general, Scorpio library will be patched to true 4K, miles will look-play better ..get out with this nonsense bs.

breakfuss

I do have you're Potato Pro but why would I buy anything on it at this point when most of my/or X1 in general, Scorpio library will be patched to true 4K, miles will look-play better ..get out with this nonsense bs.

Looking at his list, the only thing I'd agree with is Tomb Raider. That absolutely deserves to played on PS4. The other stuff is a toss up.

Should I jump on The Witness? Mad I missed Super Hot

Witness is excellent. Will provide dozens of hours of quality puzzle solving. However, it does start to get too obtuse at certain points. Can be frustrating.

I had to pass on Super Hot. That thing is constantly priced $5 too high. $10 is my trigger point on that one.

_Clash_

Picked up Firewatch today, after snagging and clocking Oxenfree the last 2 days.

Loved Oxenfree so hoping Firewatch puts on a good show

ResoRai

The Sony check must have cleared eh?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=227245207

Did they allow purchasing Xbox 360 games via your Xbox One/Microsoft balance yet?
No

Telling the truth. It's a fact that competing gaming networks offer better prices for digital content in Europe.

SEN is one of them. That also means that you can buy superior versions of games for less if you don't play on Xbox.

I don't even want to talk about Scorpio because that wasn't the point. The point is that our sale prices are absolutely ridiculous.

This has been going on for months.

Mrbob

Glad the prices are posted here. Got confused when the dash still showing last week deals.

I might get Witcher 2 on 360 just for curiosity sake to see how it runs.

Did they allow purchasing Xbox 360 games via your Xbox One/Microsoft balance yet?
Nope. Found this out by accident.

LAA

Ha ha! Wow. Is the Catherine deal really not coming to UK confirmed?
What a hilariously bad way to end a mostly terrible sale. The only thing of interest for me and it's not available here. Not sure how the 360 version was compared to the PS3 version anyway.

Forsythia

What a hilariously bad way to end a mostly terrible sale. The only thing of interest for me and it's not available here. Not sure how the 360 version was compared to the PS3 version anyway.

It truly is ridiculous. No way I'm going to fork over €20 when on the other side of the pond they pay $3. I can understand small differences, but fuck this, my money went to GTAIV, which will probably be BC in the future.

It truly is ridiculous. No way I'm going to fork over €20 when on the other side of the pond they pay $3. I can understand small differences, but fuck this, my money went to GTAIV, which will probably be BC in the future.
Like I said it's a matter that this game has a different publisher in Europe. It's not on MS's end.

Deep Silver is the publisher in Europe. It's been on sale before. Iirc the cheapest price was 4.99 €.

im_dany

Which was more than 6€ here but just 5$ there lol

Lucifon

Please division season pass
This. Games need to drop dlc along with gold editions. It's ridiculous how many times gold editions are on sale but dlc isn't.

I bought 2 of my buddies the division for xmas so the season pass would have been perfect to play survival.

Top Bottom