• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale (Begins July 7th)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
With 360 games, I already own all that I want (too much with the massive backlog which is why I don't own an XB1 yet), but I may have to grab Ori with this before even buying the XB1.

I already know how amazing it is, GOTY-material, I just haven't bought anything in advance for XB1 yet.

Everybody should buy Ori.

Is this just US or do Xbox do these deals happen in all territories?

Everyone talking about getting Ori now that it's on sale makes me very happy.

On the other hand, ya'll are probably gonna feel guilty after playing it for not paying full price. The Devs did a lot of good hard work.

No two in environmental assets are the same...

Goose_7

Banned
I just bought ori last night for 20 bucks

Are you kidding me right now. Could I email their support our something when it goes up and get a discount? :(

Haha that's unfortunate. I got FC4 last week for $30 on Amazon and know they're selling it for $20. I'm glad I held off on Ori if it indeed goes on sale. I've been looking forward to that one.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
In the video that Major Nelson posted it says that titles will be up to 40%-50%. I'm guessing that some titles could have discounts less than that then? I want to set my expectations correctly.

In the video that Major Nelson posted it says that titles will be up to 40%-50%. I'm guessing that some titles could have discounts less than that then? I want to set my expectations correctly.

yeah a lot of games are going to be 10-20%, this is a microsoft planned sale after all.

Falchion

Nothing from the teaser that I don't already have is too interesting to me. Hopefully they have a lot of great games though.

_woLf

If any consolation, Ori is worth every penny at full price.

Yeah, I'm not mad at myself for buying it and I'm looking forward to playing it. It's just really frustrating because this kind of thing happens all the time.

I contacted Xbox support and just told the truth about it, explained that I wasn't expecting anything but figured I'd try, they said they understood and were happy to refund the price of the game. I'll re-buy it on the 7th. :) And maybe this way I can afford to pick up the Forza Horizon 2 expansion, too.

Yeah, I'm not mad at myself for buying it and I'm looking forward to playing it. It's just really frustrating because this kind of thing happens all the time.

I contacted Xbox support and just told the truth about it, explained that I wasn't expecting anything but figured I'd try, they said they understood and were happy to refund the price of the game. I'll re-buy it on the 7th. :) And maybe this way I can afford to pick up the Forza Horizon 2 expansion, too.

Awesome. MS Support is really good about refunds. Glad to see it worked out.

Journey

Banned

Wow, good thing you tried. I wasn't expecting them to do that. That was nice of them.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
d12e8e285d.jpg

Might pick up Titanfall for real this time.

Better view of the other block:

9bc8bbbbef.jpg

Should probably just buy a year of EA Access. You will get Titanfall there and Dragon Age is going into the EA Vault in August.

danowat

Banned
Dunno if I should feel sad about all these people who didn't buy Ori, or happy that they are going to buy Ori.....

Looking forward to Ori. I would love to see hardline DLC or witcher DLC on sale. Besides that I can't think of too much i don't have yet. It would be nice to see some cheap 360 games like bioshock and metal gear to play with backwards compatibility

Gimme dat Diablo 3, Far Cry 4, Ori, Slender and Mordor.

I have zero hype for Slender but I'm in a Horror mood so hell, if it's cheap enough, I'll bite.

Oh yeah, while we're at it, put Hardline DLC on sale. I'm not paying $50 for Premium for a game I won't play in three months, I'd pay $25 though.

alexbull_uk

Tempted by Borderlands. I already have both on PC (need to finish the Pre-Sequel), but I wouldn't mind replaying (and I'm a sucker for achievements and coop).

hawk2025

I'm gonna hold off on expecting 40-60% off on all of these, because the "up to" bit has been very misleading before. We were all expecting Forza 5 and Ryse between 50 and 75% off back in 2014, and the actual sales were significantly smaller than that.

That said, people should indeed get Ori even if it's only discounted to $15 or so.

Chris1

Hopefully it's better than the last one they held which was a complete mess from start to finish.

Xbox Ultimate Sales are generally quite good though with some decent sales.

.. I just saw that, why is it being limited to 40-50% off? Wtf. Xbox 360 games could do with a few good 75-80% off sales at this point.

Chris1

Since when is potentially 60% off not a good deal?
Since a lot of the weekly sales get deeper discounts with most sales starting at 60% off?

http://majornelson.com/2015/06/22/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-10/
http://majornelson.com/2015/06/16/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-9/
http://majornelson.com/2015/06/08/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-15/
http://majornelson.com/2015/06/29/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-17/

I hope that's just for xbox one which will make some sense but if it's 360 too this sale will suck, though at this point I'd think there's a few sales on XB1 that could do with some deep discounting.

v1ncelis

Recently bought Xbox One so I wouldn't mind discounts on Ryse, State of Decay, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and MCC. Ori will be there so that's great.

Cindro

Fantastic! I just bought an Xbone last week, and currently only have Batman (which I've already beaten) and The Master Chief Collection. I'm super interested in picking up some more games.

As a general question... are there any quality Xbone games that AREN'T rated M? I'm looking to get a game or two that my younger sisters can watch me play, especially if one goes on sale next week.

GoxRx

Fantastic! I just bought an Xbone last week, and currently only have Batman (which I've already beaten) and The Master Chief Collection. I'm super interested in picking up some more games.

As a general question... are there any quality Xbone games that AREN'T rated M? I'm looking to get a game or two that my younger sisters can watch me play, especially if one goes on sale next week.

PvZ Garden Warfare and it's on sale right now if you are a gold member.

Chris1

Orange Box?! Does this mean backwards compatible games will be for sale as well?
There will be 360 sales but I wouldn't jump to conclusions that all games on sale will be BC. Though I feel like they should let us know which they already have permission to go BC already and which games don't, would help sell a lot of games I bet.

PvZ Garden Warfare and it's on sale right now if you are a gold member.
Get EA access instead. You'll get Titanfall, PvZ and a few other games. PvZ is a good choice though.

Come on Lord of the Fallen DLC sale! I've been waiting, its only a few bucks anyway but I'm really cheap lol.

Or rather I'm really only getting it to finish the Achievements so can wait for it to get cheaper!

Other than that some cool looking games look to be coming, even 360 stuff is reborn thanks to backwards compatibility possibilities. And this coming from someone who still has his 360 hooked up and plays it a lot. :p

Falchion

Come on Lord of the Fallen DLC sale! I've been waiting, its only a few bucks anyway but I'm really cheap lol.

That reminds me that I've been waiting since November for the Advanced Warfare season pass to go on sale so that I can play Exo Zombies. If it's 40 - 50% off, I'm grabbing it.

Alchemy

Prices are wonky on stuff, even if some of these games like Diablo 3 end up around $20 that still isn't impulse buy territory for me.

And here I am with $75 in XBox credit that I randomly came upon during the past month. Plus another $25 from the Fry's deal.

Oh baby. I might as well clear my hard drive now.

Hoping for - Wolfenstein TOB, Tales of Borderlands, Sunset Overdrive Season Pass, Dying Light, Trials Fusion, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Life Is Strange, Saints Row IV, Tomb Raider, DmC, Jackbox.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Bring it. Gonna grab cheap 360 games in the hope for back compat, lol.

I've been replacing all my 360 discs digitally for the last year in the hopes I could eventually plug in a hard drive into my 360 to store them all so I won't need discs. Backwards compat has just made me more determined to replace every single one. Before I was only replacing the games that I didn't have all the achievements for.

Montresor

Going to buy Ori. Please let the following also be on sale:

Game of Thrones season pass
Borderlands season pass
Life Is Strange season pass
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition
Wolfenstein The Old Blood
Evil Within season pass

The wording of that is so weird though. Surely you'd just say up to 50% off? Why would you ever give a range in that scenario. Supposed to be in communications lol.

Tbf to Microsoft the last big sale they did like this the discounts were pretty great.

Top Bottom