• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
28us5g6.jpg

Router said:
See what?

1. Edit:360+ Don't know if that's new.
  2. They also design for Dell/Alienware. And this thing looks like an Alienware PC to me, designwise.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hey detectives, this is the exact URL that the banner directs to before redirecting to the Xbox website.

http://clk.atdmt.com/go/243230819/direct;al.170215022;ct.1/01

I don't know if there's a way to trace that with the people who own the ad or not.

I totally thought the PS3 Slim looked ugly when the pictures leaked, but after I actually saw it during the press conference my mind changed quickly. I am hoping I have similar feelings with this new 360.

Wallach said:
There aren't any real advantages to slot loading drives aside from aesthetics though. Doesn't surprise me they would ignore it given that doesn't seem to be the biggest thing on their list.

slot loading doesn't break as easily. For instance, my 360 disc tray can only open if there is a disk inside of it for some reason. If I accidentally take a game out and close the tray it takes around 30 minutes for me to get it back open.

Banned
Earl Cazone said:
Dudes. Theres like zero chance this is real. It doesnt even look like it could be real. its so damn ugly, seriously.

:lol

(And if it becomes real, I will laugh so hard. MS would have learned nothing)

What is so ugly about it? It is a black square.

scarybore

I'm not a huge fan of the current design but that looks pretty damn nasty. I guess the nicest thing I can say about it is that it appears to be well ventilated.

Rekubot

Skilotonn said:
I must be late, since I don't see the banner at all at the link.

I guess at this rate, if this is real, Europe is going to be black-listed from anything major in the gaming industry, since everything gets ruined by Europe...

I'm not the type to go buying two of the same thing, or upgrade a console when my current one works just fine, but you all should be happy if this works perfectly.
It's still there for me. Says something about wi-fi incorporated. Finally.

You know... watching the animation before the eventual finished image makes it look like it's been badly shopped.

Very odd. Can anyone rip the animation to a gif?

SuperJay

Looks like 2 separate machines, shot at different angles, photoshopped together. No way it's real. Certainly doesn't look very slim. Maybe just a redesign?

Presenting the XBOX 360 MONOLITH!

FrankT

Stat Flow said:
I'm sure it's a lot smaller than most of you think...it's not too ugly. Will have to see it at other angles.

Honestly, as long as a console isn't too big it doesn't matter what it looks like to me. It'll be under my TV, stationary.

It may not be though if they fit the HDD and power source in there. The height is on track based on the disc drive minus the HDD. The width and length front to back is the only questions.

Also MS should just stop providing MS Italy with anything until after the fact. :lol

Chemo

jett said:
To peddle something new to the masses?
When the only new aspect is "now with uglier case" it's a waste.

If these things end up being way more reliable, though, that's good enough for me and I'll finally jump back in after three years on the fuck-this-flawed-hardware side of the fence. I really want to play Crackdown.

Assuming all of the following, I will probably sell my current 360 and upgrade. I'm still terrified my 360 will get another RRoD. The harddrive is also about maxed out (about 1GB left) so if I'm going to upgrade that I may as well upgrade the whole unit considering what a ripoff the standalone drives are.

1) I need to be able to get the data off my existing 360 harddrive and into this one. I know you can move data between drives with that transfer kit, but will that kit (or some new kit) work with this system is the question.

2) It has a good sized harddrive of it's own (60+GB). I'm not upgrading the system just to get one with the same size (20GB) drive as my current model.

3) It has Wi-Fi built in. I want to be able to sell my Wi-Fi adapter to offset the upgrade cost.

Blackface

Banned
It looks nothing like something out of the 90's let alone 1994. Whoever said that is either mentally hadicapped, or was 2 years old in 94.

This is what shit looked like in 94
apple_mac_lc475.png

It looks like an NZXT computer case. If it wasn't angeled, it would look like a Lian Li case. If it's straight and slim it's sleek and modern and an awesome design. I don't like the curves honestly, but I am glad they didn't go for a shiny aesthetic. Those days are long over.

Wallach

AvidNobody said:
slot loading doesn't break as easily. For instance, my 360 disc tray can only open if there is a disk inside of it for some reason. If I accidentally take a game out and close the tray it takes around 30 minutes for me to get it back open.

Seems pretty anecdotal. I've never had a tray go bad on me, and I've had plenty of optical drives in my PCs throughout the years.

brentech

Yeah, I don't really mind the look, it's not that much different. But that's the problem, it really doesn't "look" that much smaller.

A side-by-side comparison would be nice. I couldn't believe how much lighter my PS3 slim was over my original. Maybe the same will apply.

Edit: The way it looks (can't totally tell, but from what I can see the side we're seeing would be the bottom), if you wanted to lay it on side -- it'd be sitting on all those vents. Thinking this might be a mock.

StrikerObi said:
Assuming all of the following, I will probably sell my current 360 and upgrade. I'm still terrified my 360 will get another RRoD. The harddrive is also about maxed out (about 1GB left) so if I'm going to upgrade that I may as well upgrade the whole unit considering what a ripoff the standalone drives are.

1) I need to be able to get the data off my existing 360 harddrive and into this one. I know you can move data between drives with that transfer kit, but will that kit (or some new kit) work with this system is the question.

2) It has a good sized harddrive of it's own (60+GB). I'm not upgrading the system just to get one with the same size (20GB) drive as my current model.

3) It has Wi-Fi built in. I want to be able to sell my Wi-Fi adapter to offset the upgrade cost.
You can probably move most/all of your important data via a USB stick

Branduil

McHuj said:
Investors are absolutely correct to question MS in this market.

It's not necessarily that this is incredibly ugly, but it's not good either. It looks very dated. Makes me wonder if MS is completely misunderstanding the market. It's like they're trying so hard to be the cool kid, but just aren't.
nz5a4k.jpg

StrikerObi said:
Can't you just use a USB pen drive now?

Gyoru

Dacvak said:
Hey detectives, this is the exact URL that the banner directs to before redirecting to the Xbox website.

I don't know if there's a way to trace that with the people who own the ad or not.
Google says it's bad

Pimpbaa said:
Like he said, even the Wii has one.

That's true, buy they want lower the production costs and not increase them even more. They already build in the WiFi, something the Wii also had WiFi since launch. ;)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Dacvak said:

atdmt.com redirects to atlassolutions.com

hke3q.gif

Majine

Banned
Can you hear that? Somewhere in the world a photoshopper is either laughing, or a Microsoft executive is crying.

HYDE

Banned
Omiee said:
you know what even though its ugly people will be buying it

i read this as, "ugly people will be buying it":lol

deadman gets it, common peeps blatant fake.

Hmm... seems to be gone from the source website, which makes it real. :lol

Shame, because I would have liked to have seen a gif to properly explain what I meant about it looking poorly shopped as the animation starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom