• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
keiji said:
schermata20100614a00341.png

263bm8l.gif

That's some derivative garbage. Microsoft shouldn't out source there flag ship entertainment device, why couldn't they get the same people that done the zune HD to make the slim.

HYDE

Banned
Mush said:
OK, apologies, I have just looked at the ad on the actual site and since it actually links to xbox.com, I'm willing to believe it.

It's not hard to link an actual site to a fake pic.:lol

FrankT

gofreak said:
Seems crazy to announce it so soon if it's not coming til the Fall.

If they discount current units and this one will be the same price as existing ones, it also might seem a bit...I dunno, like this new unit's the less desirable one. If it's not massively different in terms of form factor and size etc.

I think it has to be coming soon.

Well and that's what I'm saying they wouldn't have to discount yet maybe say July for reteailer deals then price cut Aug. Then roll this out along side Reach.

Headhunter

Neo Member
Mush said:
OK, apologies, I have just looked at the ad on the actual site and since it actually links to xbox.com, I'm willing to believe it.

Tested myself, and I can confirm.

Although I don't understand italian, it clearly says, that WiFi is included (in the animation at the beginning) Seems like the real deal, but BOY this thing is big :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Elios83 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft dropped both the Arcade and Elite model replacing them with this new Xbox at 199$ without Natal and at 299$ later this year with Natal (Natal standalone price 150$).
Basically all the leaks so far have been true.

Actually yes, maybe they'll do that. It would be suitably more aggressive than the 'Arcade'+Natal @ 299 rumour too.

Dabanton

Italy again i swear they accidentally put out a PR release just as the main Microsoft E3 show was starting a few years ago revealing everything. :lol

Well someone will be packing their desk tomorrow if that's a real leak.

FrankT

rhfb said:
I like how it looks. No need to upgrade from my 20gb 360 though. I don't see a spot to remove the hdd though?

Got to be internal which is what was rumored beforehand from the MB. However, I mean MS makes a ton on those drives so not sure how that's working.

gofreak said:
Actually yes, maybe they'll do that. It would be suitably more aggressive than the 'Arcade'+Natal @ 299 rumour too.

They will have an arcade model of some sort no more than $149 this fall. Bank on that.

GamaFu

Banned
cjelly said:
How can people tell what it looks like from that shitty angled pic?

250GB and WiFi is nice, though.
I don't get this. Where did you guys see 250GB and WiFi? I thought it was the words on the image, but thanks to Google, it's Italian, that translates to "Live today, ready for the future technology of tomorrow" or something like that. Plus, the image is too small (at least for me) to see what's really there on the front cover of DVD-ROM... ?_?

The design looks ok for what it is.. a relaunch of the system not a reboot.
Also, there is no way Microsoft is announcing this at E3 and waiting until this fall to release it.

Wallach

Pimpbaa said:
Like he said, even the Wii has one.

There aren't any real advantages to slot loading drives aside from aesthetics though. Doesn't surprise me they would ignore it given that doesn't seem to be the biggest thing on their list.

Einbroch

Banned
GamaFu said:
I don't get this. Where did you guys see 250GB and WiFi? I thought it's the words on the image, but thanks to Google, that translates to "Live today, ready for the future technology of tomorrow" or something like that. Plus, the image is too small (at least for me) to see what's really there on the front cover of DVD-ROM... ?_?
If you click on the page the ad is a flash animation that clearly states "250GB" and "WiFi".

McHuj

Investors are absolutely correct to question MS in this market.

It's not necessarily that this is incredibly ugly, but it's not good either. It looks very dated. Makes me wonder if MS is completely misunderstanding the market. It's like they're trying so hard to be the cool kid, but just aren't.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm sure it's a lot smaller than most of you think...it's not too ugly. Will have to see it at other angles.

Honestly, as long as a console isn't too big it doesn't matter what it looks like to me. It'll be under my TV, stationary.

Mush said:
Are ban bets still cool?

I would bet a month that this is fake.
just go on every Xbox related website in italy... you will find the adv online :)

no fake . ( or if it is really a fake console... it's the best ADV viral campaign ever created )

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I guess this is coming out sooner than expected... surprised there haven't been more factory or retailer leaks, though.

First games with the new box branding are out next week, BTW.

Majine

Banned
Dabanton said:
Italy again i swear they accidentally put out a PR release just as the main Microsoft E3 show was starting a few years ago revealing everything. :lol

So Xbox Italy has had a trackrecord of doing these things? :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I must be late, since I don't see the banner at all at the link.

I guess at this rate, if this is real, Europe is going to be black-listed from anything major in the gaming industry, since everything gets ruined by Europe...

I'm not the type to go buying two of the same thing, or upgrade a console when my current one works just fine, but you all should be happy if this works perfectly.

Wallach

McHuj said:
Investors are absolutely correct to question MS in this market.

It's not necessarily that this is incredibly ugly, but it's not good either. It looks very dated. Makes me wonder if MS is completely misunderstanding the market. It's like they're trying so hard to be the cool kid, but just aren't.

Did you time travel to bring us this post...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom