• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

vatstep said:
If it isn't drastically smaller (usually the main selling point of a hardware revision, and it doesn't look like it is), it better have everything built-in.

This. Also as far from what I can see, it looks pretty terrible. Having everything built in is actually great, but would render my current 250 gig HDD useless, and combined with it not looking great + not really being any smaller there doesn't seem to be much incentive for current owners to switch over.

Normally I would say that wouldn't be much of an issue, but if they're doing the rebrand to try to get a new audience between that and Natal/Kinect with all of this built in + the cost of Natal/Kinect I can't see that total cost being under $300, which is not a mass market price.

Zezboob

handofg0d said:
So, LA times leaks the launch games, trade mark leaks the name of KINECT, and italian ad leaks the redesigned case (Not calling it slim lol) - whats MS going to talk about? lol
Resident Evil 5 on Xbox 360.

Om3ga

It's ugly... but I don't really look at my consoles (my 360 is under my desk). All I really care about is pricing with and without Natal.

soldat7

alr1ghtstart said:
It could be ugly as fuck, but if that thing ran whisper quiet I wouldn't give a damn.

Seriously this. And I :lol at all the people freaking out about this.

Blueblur1 said:
That shit looks terrible. Please don't be real.

Right, because looks are more important than hardware improvement.

Wallach

Jtyettis said:
Eh I'd like to have internel power source, but not at the cost of size.

Doesn't really look like it got any bigger, but it's pretty hard to tell from that angle.

My confusion with this pic is that it looks like it would not be able to sit "flat" anymore.

Lunchbox

Banned
keiji said:
VIVI OGGI PRONTA PER IL FUTURO LA TECNOLOGIA DEL DOMANI = LIVE TODAY READY FOR THE FUTURE TECHNOLOGY OF TOMORROW

how can i live today knowing that technology is in tomorrow?

say, JUMP IN damn it

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Pimpbaa said:
I would have thought for sure MS would have went for a slot loading drive. A tray is so outdated.

Given that I'm having some pain with my current 360 drive, I am seriously smh at that. REALLY. A slot loader can't be that expensive.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm going to wait until I see some proper photos and dimensions before giving it a kicking but that image doesn't really do it any favours. It almost like a parody picture "oh hey we made our new Xbox slim by taking a normal 360 and putting a belt round it's waist".

Paco said:
It looks photoshopped.
This_looks_shopped_rl.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
soldat7 said:
Seriously this. And I :lol at all the people freaking out about this.
The current 360s already run pretty quietly...

The current design philosophy was "inhale," this one looks more like "suck your chest in to fit into that prom dress, fatty"

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
vatstep said:
My Jasper Elite is whisper quiet — when playing games off the HDD (only way to go in my mind), it is virtually silent.

I'm sorry I just don't believe that, either your fans aren't working properly or your perception of noise is radically different from many people, "virtually silent"?, impossible.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Looks like some crap you would find on an xbox modders forum

"Hai guies! I modded my 360 into an old pc case I found!"

This looks like an obvious step toward the more hardcore.

With natal, I would have expected xbox go toward the cutesy approachable side.

We shall see ah,

Rich!

Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:

If only he knew that his plans would result in unleashing Charles Logan upon the 24 world. Kind of makes up for his whole nuclear bomb rape attack failing, in a way.

Wallach

lowrider007 said:
I'm sorry I just don't believe that, either your fans aren't working properly or your perception of noise is radically different from many people, "virtually silent"?, impossible.

I buy it. At my last job, we had maybe 20 debug kits and the noise levels between units varied dramatically. A few were pretty much whisper quiet and some of the others sounded like jet engines. Totally random.

Y2Kev said:
The current 360s already run pretty quietly...

The current design philosophy was "inhale," this one looks more like "suck your chest in to fit into that prom dress, fatty"
Every time I turn mine on I feel like it's the day it will explode. But it's an old model so..:D

whitehawk said:
Remember guys, maybe this thing is just built in:

rP7vrpbMYmh8eMk.jpg

I'm pretty sure the PSU is not included.

My guess is that the new model has the same size as the PS3 slim. The motherboard on the pictures wasn't much smaller than the current one.

I say lets wait for real pictures and impressions. Maybe it looks better in real, kinda like the PS3 slim. Oh, ,and it would be awesome if it's really black. Not Elite "black".

FrankT

derFeef said:
My guess. Its not "slim". It´s redesigned to be quieter, have everything built in, and lasts forever.

That's what I'm wondering because if they don't really go smaller then it ain't really a slim. Well they probably wouldn't even use slim, but I guess we shall see.

WrikaWrek

Banned
jamieson87 said:
This looks like an obvious step toward the more hardcore.

With natal, I would have expected xbox go toward the cutesy approachable side.

We shall see ah,

It's not a surprise to see MS fucking up the design approach. Releasing a casual oriented device with a back to Xbox 1 hardcore approach on the redesign is so MS.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So, when will this hit stores?

Imminently, surely? Or will they do something to keep current units moving even if this is further out?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Feel the Swift said:
Every time I turn mine on I feel like it's the day it will explode. But it's an old model so..:D
Yeah my launch model died a few months ago. I bought a new arcade. Amazed by the lightness of the power adapter and how silent it is.

I love Microsoft's pre-E3 leaks. Legendary.

Oh, and I don't think it's necessarily ugly. I need to see larger pictures of it before passing judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom