• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoboman

GavinGT said:
Why make an internal HDD if the system isn't getting any smaller? The only reason to internalize the drive would be if it didn't fit on top any more.
Cheaper? Not making any money on selling HDDs?

Elios83

It doesn't seem smaller than the current Xbox 360.
Maybe they just want to rebrand/give a new look to their prouct because of Natal/Kinetic.
The banner says "Live Today" so I guess the launch is imminent, before Natal.
There will probably be a price cut too at this point.

Einbroch

Banned
BeeDog said:
Those are just details; MS will come out with a brand new design, a "reboot" regardless of how it actually looks. It will be enough to look different from the previous model.
Oh I know, I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just think that this is the wrong direction to go in.

Then again, I'm only a 23 year old student and not a marketing head at a multi-national corporation.

OnPoint

mr stroke said:
Has to be real. who would go through the trouble of mocking that design up? Maybe its slim in person.

If Myspace taught me anything five years ago...

Edit- kind of beaten. wtf

whitehawk said:
Remember guys, maybe this thing is just built in:

rP7vrpbMYmh8eMk.jpg
This took 2 pages? The brick should be implemented and it's smaller as well (at least it looks like this)

Mad_Ban

I'm sure someone here knows the exact dimensions of the 360's chrome tray and can give us a guesstimation.

FOR THE GLORY OF GAF!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DarkUSS said:
It looks bigger than the current 360 but this might be due to the viewing angle of that pic.

The width (or height in this pic) will be true..the rest would be skewed by perspective.

Top half = looks good, refined 360.

Bottom half = some alienware shit that was rejected and they had too many cases made, sold to MS.

V_Arnold

slider said:
I can't believe I'm saying this (woo, go 2008!!) but I'd worry about reliability if it was built in.

Wut? Reliability? When the consumption is around 105-150w already, with 65nm manufacturing ( or even less ), and after five years of RROD problems?

FrankT

gofreak said:
The width (or height in this pic) will be true..the rest would be skewed by perspective.

Pretty much. The height is on track and the only differnce really is the HDD from the original.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
enzo_gt said:
Fuck! Shitty design, looks like a Dell as already said. But Wi-Fi built in? Hmm..
If it isn't drastically smaller (usually the main selling point of a hardware revision, and it doesn't look like it is), it better have everything built-in.

Wallach

Decent shrink if they've built the power into the unit rather than needing the power brick.

Plus the built-in wi-fi is long overdue.

Branduil said:
Man, until the PSTwo came out last gen was horrible for console aesthetics, other than the Dreamcast.
Hey! I happened to like the design of the "purple lunchbox".
Although I think I'm the only one :(

Jme

Probably already pointed out but the animated ad also confirms the other rumor, that natal is called KINECT.

So, LA times leaks the launch games, trade mark leaks the name of KINECT, and italian ad leaks the redesigned case (Not calling it slim lol) - whats MS going to talk about? lol

Must be real, internet forum-goers could never design something so horrendous. Microsoft is the only party I'm aware of who's capable of creating such a thing.

I don't care what the thing looks like as long as it doesn't sound like it's going to break the sound barrier and overheat anytime I turn it on. If it is the redesign we've been asking for (asthetics aside) I'll gladly sell off my launch (2 times repaired) 360 for one.

Why For?

Banned
Too big to be true, but if it IS it, then Turkish was dead on about it being Black. He was pretty adamant it was black.

Fuck, he picked a bad time to be banned. :lol

FrankT

Wallach said:
Decent shrink if they've built the power into the unit rather than needing the power brick.

Plus the built-in wi-fi is long overdue.

Eh I'd like to have internel power source, but not at the cost of size.

handofg0d said:
Probably already pointed out but the animated ad also confirms the other rumor, that natal is called KINECT.

So, LA times leaks the launch games, trade mark leaks the name of KINECT, and italian ad leaks the redesigned case (Not calling it slim lol) - whats MS going to talk about? lol

nuclear codes.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
alr1ghtstart said:
It could be ugly as fuck, but if that thing ran whisper quiet I wouldn't give a damn.
My Jasper Elite is whisper quiet — when playing games off the HDD (only way to go in my mind), it is virtually silent.

keiji

VIVI OGGI PRONTA PER IL FUTURO LA TECNOLOGIA DEL DOMANI = LIVE TODAY READY FOR THE FUTURE TECHNOLOGY OF TOMORROW

Suzzopher

infinityBCRT said:
if you have kids, its more of a blessing than a curse

I have two. One them snapped the disc tray on my launch unit. Yeah they sure are great. Kids haven't done anything to the PS3 or Wii.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ventrue said:
Remember how the first PS3 Slim leaked image was "obviously a bad shop?"
the ones that came with pictures of assembly on a factory floor?

yea, i do remember that.

that said, its an italian site and they're or were maybe an hour away from rollover into e3 day for microsoft when this thread showed up, so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom