• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

alphaNoid

Banned
Don't use the verge , they just steal news weeks later from the real sources

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/

http://winsupersite.com/

Mary Jo and Paul are the real sources

Paul Therrott is rarely wrong.

edit. Also and ex colleague of mine recently left and is now working for MS and is er.. working on some Blue update stuff. My company is part of Super-TAP with MS so we're under heavy NDA ourselves. Well we met for lunch and I asked him about the Blue updates and he smirked, and hid behind his NDA. I told him we're under Super-TAP NDA with his company and he didn't budge lol.. But his body language when I asked if Blue had anything to do with nextgen XBox was pretty clear. Now hearing about possible timed kernal updates with the announcement of the nextgen Xbox almost seals the deal for me at least.

Will be interesting to see what MS has up its sleeve. I'm expecting some kind of cross connectivity between Windows/Xbox that is unmatched by the competition.

Xbudz

I wonder if Microsoft will choose to incorporate So.cl; their version of Twitter into the new Xbox.
..or even market it to anyone for that matter.

"So.cl"
Read: Social.

I posted all my .gifs there ;)

sangreal

I wonder if Microsoft will choose to incorporate So.cl; their version of Twitter into the new Xbox, or even market it to anyone for that matter.

"So.cl"
Read: Social.

I posted all my .gifs there ;)

was incorporated into PSN instead:
GGewe2G.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
One of the main reasons that I bought a Windows 8 Phone (and plan to buy a Surface Pro) is that I'm expecting a lot of connectivity between the these devices and the new xbox.

I hope MS don't let me down!

Paul Therrott is rarely wrong.

edit. Also and ex colleague of mine recently left and is now working for MS and is er.. working on some Blue update stuff. My company is part of Super-TAP with MS so we're under heavy NDA ourselves. Well we met for lunch and I asked him about the Blue updates and he smirked, and hid behind his NDA. I told him we're under Super-TAP NDA with his company and he didn't budge lol.. But his body language when I asked if Blue had anything to do with nextgen XBox was pretty clear. Now hearing about possible timed kernal updates with the announcement of the nextgen Xbox almost seals the deal for me at least.

Will be interesting to see what MS has up its sleeve. I'm expecting some kind of cross connectivity between Windows/Xbox that is unmatched by the competition.

That's a good expectation to have. After all, it only makes sense that Microsoft would use weave its greatest asset (Windows) into its entertainment nexus to creative a cohesive experience.

Izick

You know what's interesting about this picture? Well, two things really:

1.) What does the bottom most (on the right side) line point to? Why is it out of the frame of the picture? There's something to that.

2.) Microsoft Man has a box full of entertainment, but he still has "his eye on gaming."

Alx

2.) Microsoft Man has a box full of entertainment, but he still has "his eye on gaming."

Eh, I was wondering where the gaming icon was, and only now do I notice that his face is a controller... (I did see the buttons, though).
Second epiphany : his mouth is a kinect !!!

But what's the flying bird/dragon for ?

Izick

Eh, I was wondering where the gaming icon was, and only now do I notice that his face is a controller... (I did see the buttons, though).

Isn't that strange though? His head and mouth are gaming related, but he has an entertainment box...weird. Not sure what all this means.

That's my question. What's the bird? If the offscreen icon was above him I would assume it was Cloud. Not sure what it could be in that location though.

Izick

it's a design, it means nothing really :)

I don't think so. I think it's kind of a little wink-and-nod by Microsoft of what's to come. There's a reason why there's an icon that's now shown, and I honestly believe there's something going on with this all. Maybe the controller as the face signifies gaming, but to me that seems like they're trying to indicate gaming is still their most important thing. Same with Kinect being the mouth.

I don't think so. I think it's kind of a little wink-and-nod by Microsoft of what's to come. There's a reason why there's an icon that's now shown, and I honestly believe there's something going on with this all. Maybe the controller as the face signifies gaming, but to me that seems like they're trying to indicate gaming is still their most important thing. Same with Kinect being the mouth.

Kinect at the mouth tells me they're going to be heavily focused on using Kinect for voice (text to speech, audio commands etc).

Biggzy

Kinect at the mouth tells me they're going to be heavily focused on using Kinect for voice (text to speech, audio commands etc).

As I have noted previously, I think it is almost guaranteed that Durango will be built around Kinect. Also, there will be some sort of Siri like function to Kinect, this would help to explain the always online rumor.

ekim

It's basically what's written on the site
Xbox is not just about games anymore. We’re designing and developing the next generation of entertainment experiences in the living room. From Kinect to SmartGlass, we are breaking the bounds of the controller and the television.

Xbox is now the single box spanning multiple devices and operating systems and tying together all the content a user wants through an easily accessible, universal, natural, voice-directed search. The power of Kinect combined with the intelligence of Bing search is turning voice into the ultimate remote control. Voice can be used to effortlessly to find games, movies, TV shows and music by simply talking. SmartGlass turns your phone or tablet into another screen for your TV, another controller for a game, a companion feature for a show, a remote control for the Internet and more.

This is just the beginning. We are creating the future of entertainment right now at Microsoft.

Xbox isn’t just for hardcore gamers anymore. It’s the center of a whole entertainment ecosystem that goes way beyond the living room. Music, movies, social and games converge and become accessible across any device, anywhere, and that’s just the beginning. We are revolutionizing entertainment right now

The same statement as Sony - everything, everywhere.

I wonder what the bottom right one leads to?

Interesting picture, the controller as eyes is less than subtle about their intent toward gaming going forward, and another interesting touch using Kinect as the mouth, a less than subtle hint that Kinect will be a big focus for them going forward.

The other pictures, music, movies, messaging, pictures, emails, video capture and a bird?

Izick

This is all starting to sound like the Nextbox has Windows 8, and there's going to be some sort of cross-platform play involved with their games. Very interesting right now. I'm guessing we get a Kinect controlled Windows 8 Xbox, maybe with some other touch device as well? Who knows, but I'm very excited!

If Microsoft brings it...oh is gaming going to be sweet again. Sony is hungry again because of how much they fucked up with the PS3, and Microsoft still doesn't seem to be where they want to be. This could be a full blown war for customers, which mean we all win!

Biggzy

Interesting, adds some weight to the picture of the bird suggesting you can access your next xbox games via a capable device.

I can only think of cloud gaming. Or, a crazy rumor of mine that ties in with developers not being able to code to the metal, you can play Durango games on Windows 8 devices. There is a 99% this won't happen but it's fun to speculate.

They're hyping up a service (cross play) that Sony's already introduced... :/

Skulls of the Shogun?

ekim

This is all starting to sound like the Nextbox has Windows 8, and there's going to be some sort of cross-platform play involved with their games. Very interesting right now. I'm guessing we get a Kinect controlled Windows 8 Xbox, maybe with some other touch device as well? Who knows, but I'm very excited!

If Microsoft brings it...oh is gaming going to be sweet again. Sony is hungry again because of how much they fucked up with the PS3, and Microsoft still doesn't seem to be where they want to be. This could be a full blown war for customers, which mean we all win!

From the other thread, one gaffer suggested that nextbox will be powered by Blue...

Izick

They're hyping up a service (cross play) that Sony's already introduced... :/

Yeah, but they might actually show them in more depth. That's the key. If they only show 2 minutes of cross-play, and say they're "planning for it to happen on all titles" then they're fucked. Microsoft needs to remind people why they're the best with online features. This is their time to make their ideas known.

From the other thread, one gaffer suggested that nextbox will be powered by Blue...

Sorry, but what's Blue?

Izick

Yeah. Phil Harrison has been a big supporter of cloud gaming for some time now.

The next update for windows 8.

I see, I see. Interesting. It's all coming together.

I have a very big feeling that nobody is going to just dismiss the Nextbox just because its specs aren't as powerful. I'm going to guess that it has features that a lot of people will want on the PS4, and the PS4 will have a lot of stuff that people want on the Nextbox. It's going to be a real split, not like the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Elginer

Xbox Jesus is bringing the games and other stuff! Cool with me. Show me some new IPs and that next-gen Unreal Engine 4 Fable and you have my monies.

ALSO PLEASE MAKE XBLA b/c.

Hindle

Banned
The only fear I have is they'll wont have a standard controller in the box. So it's play games with Kinect or not at all. I'm out if that's the case.

Top Bottom