• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

Karak

Illumaroom is missing so that might be the dropped area or it might be the cloud gaming section as the dragon appears to be more related to something social to me.

But the placement of the games and such is a good sign and does seem to give me the feeling of a man wearing Virtual Reality glasses

Biggzy

No, Blue isn't just an update for Windows. It's an update for everything. It's supposed to signal a sea change in almost every part of MS.

Yeah I know. But since Durango is probably going to run Windows 8 I thought, I would keep it simple. Off topic, Blue is going to be a major shift for Microsoft.

Izick

The only fear I have is they'll wont have a standard controller in the box. So it's play games with Kinect or not at all. I'm out if that's the case.

There's no way. That would be completely insane to do to third party developers, because they'd always have to build two seperate control methods for each of their games. It's just not feasible, and I don't think MS wants that future anyway. I think we're going to see Kinect stuff, but they're going to remind us that they still make games like Gears of War: Judgement, Halo 4, and Forza Horizon.

-----------------

Also, not to go to far off of the topic, but holy shit am I disappointed in people for not giving Forza: Horizon a chance. It's probably my favorite racer of all time at this point; all of the features in it make it so fun and accessible. I feel like the rewind feature turns it into a chess match instead of a "well, I crashed so let's start this 7 minute race over again" kind of game.

EDIT:

Illumaroom is missing so that might be the dropped area or it might be the cloud gaming section as the dragon appears to be more related to something social to me.

But the placement of the games and such is a good sign and does seem to give me the feeling of a man wearing Virtual Reality glasses

Oh shit I didn't even realize that...

Alx

I see, I see. Interesting. It's all coming together.

I have a very big feeling that nobody is going to just dismiss the Nextbox just because its specs aren't as powerful. I'm going to guess that it has features that a lot of people will want on the PS4, and the PS4 will have a lot of stuff that people want on the Nextbox. It's going to be a real split, not like the Xbox 360 and PS3.

I really hope so. This generation is the first one (since the dreamcast) that I skip a home console because it is too similar to one I already own. If the PS4 and the Nextbox offer different experiences for real, I'll probably own them both and be happy about it.

Karak

There's no way. That would be completely insane to do to third party developers, because they'd always have to build two seperate control methods for each of their games. It's just not feasible, and I don't think MS wants that future anyway. I think we're going to see Kinect stuff, but they're going to remind us that they still make games like Gears of War: Judgement, Halo 4, and Forza Horizon.

-----------------

Also, not to go to far off of the topic, but holy shit am I disappointed in people for not giving Forza: Horizon a chance. It's probably my favorite racer of all time at this point; all of the features in it make it so fun and accessible. I feel like the rewind feature turns it into a chess match instead of a "well, I crashed so let's start this 7 minute race over again" kind of game.
Forza was not only a great game but had some technical things going on under the hood that need to be studied very closely by anyone interested in optimizing an running a game.

User "Fleshfeast" noticed that MajorNelson has a tweet asking people to spread the word about Microsoft recruiting. Which leads to this website:http://www.rightnowatmicrosoft.com/xboxbeyond .. which you can dig further into and find what looks to be Xbox Jesus.
ibsbBH1verNTq4.png

Makes a great avatar.

Izick

I really hope so. This generation is the first one (since the dreamcast) that I skip a home console because it is too similar to one I already own. If the PS4 and the Nextbox offer different experiences for real, I'll probably own them both and be happy about it.

I bought both in the end, but I didn't get a PS3 until like last Summer. The 360 was pretty much all I needed because of all the great games out. and I figured I could reap the PS3's exclusives come the end of the cycle. But yeah, I miss not having the feeling of "oh shit I must have this console too!" I did with the Xbox, GC, and PS2.

Forza was not only a great game but had some technical things going on under the hood that need to be studied very closely by anyone interested in optimizing an running a game.

What bullshit. It deserved way more sales than it got. I hope Project Gotham Racing is very similar to it.

Alx

If we are to believe the old leak about the Xbox strategy, I think the out of frame link could represent the fortaleza glasses, with things getting "out of the screen". (I'm still having a hard time believing that part of the leak... but everything else makes sense, even the "set top box" model seems coherent with the description on the website).

Karak

Ok so me and karak only ones thinking VR? MS have their own rift?

I am assuming that MS is continually following their Powerpoint. Illumaroom, cloud, distance services. Nothing they have done has shown anything otherwise. Glasses were also in that powerpoint and that is exactly how it looks on the avatar. In fact looking back it is really a true roadway for how they have been doing things and its something I have been referring back to many times. They may change small things but MS seems to have stuck doggedly to their plan.

MS seems to have a clear plan.
Kinect-Cloud-illumaroom-VR I think if anyone looks at those 4 things and thinks about it...you can see a very real picture emerge.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I would like to see support for the rift but I feel that is something you save for E3.

Then again wearing the goggles and using a kinect at the same time would look hilarious on stage.

Shit it's happening, fits the tone of the last couple conferences.

I can only think of cloud gaming. Or, a crazy rumor of mine that ties in with developers not being able to code to the metal, you can play Durango games on Windows 8 devices. There is a 99% this won't happen but it's fun to speculate.

I'm not sold on cloud gaming at all. I don't believe we're anywhere close to having a sufficient broadband capability to allow for flawless cloud gaming. This is based on my experience with Online though, so the technology may have improved significantly since.

Off-TV play from my 720 to my 620? Sounds interesting.

It's certainly interesting, but unless it's cloud gaming, I think it's unlikely. Still, would be interesting to see such a thing happen.

Karak

If we are to believe the old leak about the Xbox strategy, I think the out of frame link could represent the fortaleza glasses, with things getting "out of the screen". (I'm still having a hard time believing that part of the leak... but everything else makes sense, even the "set top box" model seems coherent with the description on the website).

Or it could be the Illumaroom which fits that even moreso currently.

What bullshit. It deserved way more sales than it got. I hope Project Gotham Racing is very similar to it.
You bet it did. One thing about MS is I don't think the lower sales will stop them from trying to figure out a way to refresh that IP(Forza H)

Izick

Rösti;48529144 said:
Don't forget Fortaleza. They've obviously thought about "VR" anyway.

Oh yeah! Wow, that picture even has the little lines going from Halo with little bubbles of devices and features.

This shit is all coming true, isn't it? But if we go off by that plan, doesn't that mean those VR glasses arrive far off from the Nextbox's launch? The way they're marketing this stuff with that picture, it feels like it's coming at launch.

XBOX BEYOND almost works as a console name.

And my word, the fears of some people in this thread are really out there. No controller in the box? Microsoft is aiming for a large audience but knows the early adopters will be gamers. It will come with a controller.

Izick

Or it could be the Illumaroom which fits that even moreso currently.

You bet it did. One thing about MS is I don't think the lower sales will stop them from trying to figure out a way to refresh that IP(Forza H)

Yeah, that's what I like as well. I think they probably know they just failed on the marketing side of the thing, not the actual content of the game. I mean that game should be just as big as Forza 4. It looks just as good, it has a lot of the same features, and it's a lot more accessible and lighter in tone. It should have been their last huge, huge seller.

That's he's got his head in the game probably.

nm2zEfC.gif

w5l4hPN.gif

It was us! It was us the whole time. *cries*

"Neogaf has been known as a Sony exclusive service for a long time, but no more!"

I wonder what the bottom right one leads to?

Interesting picture, the controller as eyes is less than subtle about their intent toward gaming going forward, and another interesting touch using Kinect as the mouth, a less than subtle hint that Kinect will be a big focus for them going forward.

The other pictures, music, movies, messaging, pictures, emails, video capture and a bird?

It leads to you, the viewer. You're part of the experience. How is that not obvious?

Izick

I really think that if they want this VR thing to be big, like Kinect big, it needs to launch with the console. It would make sense if the console actually does end up more expensive than the PS4 if that's the case.

Karak

I really think that if they want this VR thing to be big, like Kinect big, it needs to launch with the console. It would make sense if the console actually does end up more expensive than the PS4 if that's the case.

Launch with.
Or launch packed in?

Launch with is more likely. Launch packed in would raise the price, depending on their type of Vr glasses setup.

Illumaroom would actually be more likely to launch with if it used a low cost wide ap projector.
MS would have to handle their sales with extreme care as the Kinect is pretty much the sole successful periphrial. At least that I can remember.

Izick

Launch with.
Or launch packed in?

Launch with is more likely. Launch packed in would raise the price, depending on their type of Vr glasses setup.

No, I meant packed in. Like I said it would make sense about what Pachter said about the Nextbox costing more. I think he knows the next Kinect is Kinect 2.0 and Kinect Glasses or whatever they'll be called, but he can't say anything explicitly.

Karak

So what the odds will see a new Star wars 1313 demo running on 720 at this event?

If MS is like any other box maker and handles things the way they should.
We should see the same kind of thing unfold here that we saw at Sony but with a couple more months polish and most likely some of the same games and some newer ones. Star Wars is a contender for sure a different location for Watch Dogs, possibly a bit more from Deep Down with a different location.

Alx

No, I meant packed in. Like I said it would make sense about what Pachter said about the Nextbox costing more. I think he knows the next Kinect is Kinect 2.0 and Kinect Glasses or whatever they'll be called, but he can't say anything explicitly.

No way they could pack it in, it is probably very expensive, and it's not a feature that everybody would want or use.
The 2014 roadmap makes more sense, it would be a "relaunch" like for kinect.

Why am I starting to believe all of that ? Hype hype hype...
If that's really true, I hope they'll have a prototype onstage at E3.

Karak

I think they would treat it like a Kinect 2 relaunch. Not a pack in. Both really are for gamers more than anyone else and their current costs would seem to high to burden on a release of a system.

Izick

I don't know, guys. I think your ideas make more sense (to launch it later) but I think Microsoft is going all-out with this one. This could be bigger than Kinect for them, and could be the reason people choose the Xbox over the Playstation, again.

Karak

I am sure Disney are pulling out of packaged games. So it is up in the air.

Make it somehow a tie in game to the first new movie?

And what you do you mean out of packaged games? To digital?

I don't know, guys. I think your ideas make more sense (to launch it later) but I think Microsoft is going all-out with this one. This could be bigger than Kinect for them, and could be the reason people choose the Xbox over the Playstation, again.
Oh I do as well but I do not think the technology for either is mature enough to pass on cost savings in manufacturing to get say 3-5 million units packed into release systems. I could be wrong but we aren't hearing major firms talking about fabbing these products yet either.

Cth

w5l4hPN.gif

It was us! It was us the whole time. *cries*

He whispered, “My precious child,
I love you and will never leave you
never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints
it was when I was out of range of the Kinect Sensor."

moka

Looks like a knee-jerk reaction to Sony's event but I'm excited, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Top Bottom