• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 |OT| Be Aggressive! Be Be Aggressive!

Went on to delete the game. Its not fun and its broken. Everytime I lose its because another pod gets pulled accidentally. Its just unfair since you cant ever tell where the enemy comes next. Also saving and loading after every turn is not fun and frankly I think its cheating. When you design a game which requires you to save/load spam because your mechanics are broken its not a well designed game and I think it should be sold at that state.

Had much fun with xcom enemy unknown, had some fun with this one too but after a bazillion accidental pulls which sometimes lead to a wipe I just decided its over, im not gonna waste my time anymore. Such a damn shame. Im unfortunately gonna skip the expansion also.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Sändersson;247995152 said:
Went on to delete the game. Its not fun and its broken. Everytime I lose its because another pod gets pulled accidentally. Its just unfair since you cant ever tell where the enemy comes next. Also saving and loading after every turn is not fun and frankly I think its cheating. When you design a game which requires you to save/load spam because your mechanics are broken its not a well designed game and I think it should be sold at that state.

Had much fun with xcom enemy unknown, had some fun with this one too but after a bazillion accidental pulls which sometimes lead to a wipe I just decided its over, im not gonna waste my time anymore. Such a damn shame. Im unfortunately gonna skip the expansion also.

Lower difficulty, enable Ironman.
Gradually, learn to play according to the main rule: Once engaging a pod, either don't move further, and\or alpha strike it, and scale difficulty back up. Also, scout shinobis are invaluable.

There's no shame in Rookie.. Savescumming lowers difficulty in a terrible way.

Erheller

From your previous posts it was obvious that you weren't enjoying the game, and that's fine.

But it seems like you started at Commander difficulty on Ironman. The game assumes that you know how to play the game when you start on Commander. And frankly, if you keep accidentally pulling pods and think that you need to savescum to win, you just don't know the game well enough to play on Commander.

Grimsen

It's been said, but you need to lower the difficulty. Your complaints are silly.

Tacitus_

Don't blame the game for your faults. Or in other words, git gud.

undrtakr900

I have a question about the first XCoM: Enemy Unknown...

Is there a way to pick/influence which class a character becomes or is it all random?

Firaxis announced that the console patch was "coming soon" over three months ago.

I e-mailed Blind Squirrel, the studio that handled the port, what the status was and got a response that they're not currently working on XCOM.

Why do I get the feeling I bought an unplayable game for $60?

Top Bottom