• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 (PC/Mac/Linux, Firaxis, November 2015) announced [Up: New info/screens in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of any real plot made it difficult for me to progress through the first game. Hopefully we get some world building and memorable characters this time around.

FStop7

Banned
So the premise is that the aliens won?

Man, I hate it when all of the efforts a player spends "winning" a game are nullified for the sake of a sequel.

Sojgat

PC only?

67915_supermansaveahoe.gif

CloudWolf

Even though Firaxis disappointed me with the terrible Beyond Earth, I will be there first day for this.

Not a very flattering screenshot for a PC exclusive.
It's a top-down strategy game, it does not need to be a graphical powerhouse. This screen looks great IMO.

Sciz

Hopefully PC exclusive means the UI will actually work this time. Couldn't believe how bad the mouse controls could be in EU.

Procedural maps and mod support mean this'll be playable forever, though.

Durante

As a PC player, this kinda sucks. I don't feel like XCOM suffered from getting a console release, and I know a few console owners who really enjoyed Enemy Unknown.
I disagree, the Mouse/KB controls for XCOM were just serviceable. Perhaps they can do better with more focus.

munroe

PC will probably the testing platform then improve upon it for a console release next year.

Well I'll get it for PC when it releases. Not day one though, I've stopped doing that.

Steel

Banned
Odd that they would go PC exclusive for this. It's not like it's a hardware problem, it's Xcom not crysis.

xaszatm

Banned
...wait, people are complaining about it being PC only? I highly doubt this game is going to require a fancy gaming computer to play, guys.

Lack of any real plot made it difficult for me to progress through the first game. Hopefully we get some world building and memorable characters this time around.

In the original, the actions of your characters made them memorable. I remember some of my characters from the original more fondly than most characters in games.

Thank go for procedural generated levels.

Game of the year edition will be on consoles

Kacho

Oh hell yes. I understand that some people are bummed about the lack of console version but it being PC exclusive makes me happy. The game should be better because of that.

So the premise is that the aliens won?

Man, I hate it when all of the efforts a player spends "winning" a game are nullified for the sake of a sequel.

I don't think it's that the aliens "won," per se. They didn't conquer the world through force, and that's what they were trying to do last game. They figured out... another way to win.

Hopefully they'll touch on all that implies.

Anyway: mod support woo! Procedural maps, eh. Bummed about no console release, tho. Curious to see how the mobile base works out.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I imagine PC only means, currently, PC only. I'd expect a console port in the future, and maybe eventually mobile again.

My SO will be bummed if it doesn't find its way to Android tablets again, she loved EU on her tablet.

But mod support is HUGE, and procedural maps will be a big boon. The game really seemed like it could benefit from that.

Jb

XCOM 2 is such a weird name for this, but I understand they wanted to convey that this is the big sequel to Enemy Unkown people have been waiting for.

FStop7

Banned
Hopefully PC exclusive means the UI will actually work this time. Couldn't believe how bad the mouse controls could be in EU.

But the controller implementation was brilliant and totally surpassed the need for kb+m in the PC version.

Percy

Banned
Oh wow, PC only... never would have expected that :)

Sorry guys, guess you're just gonna have to... console yourselves over this one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom