• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 confirmed for Holiday 2017

This genuinely looks really bad. The characters and writing seem astonishingly low quality.

Nintendo needs a different team representing them for JRPGs.

How were you able to know how the writing will be?

Xenoblade 1 has the best writing in all of JRPGs since forever.

jett

D-Member
Story ruined. I can't take this seriously.

2017-06-1319_09_23-xeyqubj.png

2017-06-1319_14_08-xeaesti.png

Those sure are some tits.

Monolith Soft needs new character designers. Post-Xenogears they've just been historically awful.

sample tracks from website
Elysium of the blue sky - Yasunori Mitsuda
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm01.mp3
Action Battle (temp) - ACE
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm02.mp3
Action Start (temp) - Kenji Hiramatsu
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm03.mp3
Elpis Soul Cave(?) (temp) - Minami Kiyota
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm04.mp3

i'm unsure about 4th track translation tbh

edit: sleepy. saw 田 instantly reads mitsuda lol

The one thing I was expecting most from Xenoblade 2 at E3 were soundtrack samples, and I am not left dissapointed

heringer

I watched the stream on Nintendo Italia's channel and it said "english voices only", so i guess not sadly.

Maybe other people don't find them shitty? And the new character models (in game) are MUCH better than before.

If you're concerned about her dress, maybe you should know that in Xenoblade you see the armor you equipped on your character, in X they even introduced an option to equip two different sets, one for stats and one for aesthetics. You can dress her like a nun if you want.

Look at the night scene in the trailer, you could see that lighting is better than in X for example. Either way the game should show up soon at Treehouse, so we'll see how it looks in game.

Will they show gameplay at Treehouse? I really hope so. Hopefully it's just a really really bad edited trailer. The first Xenoblade looked gross in the first couple of trailers, so who knows...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Well, looks like you've never played Xenoblade X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk

x2aku8i.png

Yeah I think people either have selective memories or are just trolling now. Not everything in X looked like that and there was a least one different environment in this trailer that also looked stunning (at 2:17).

I do wish they had a better budget and didn't choose this character artist. I also don't like the main character so far. But there's nothing here that is in worse shape than the previous games. I really disagree that the character models look worse than the previous games as well, but unfortunately they didn't bring back Kunihiko Tanaka for this game.

Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best RPGs I've ever played so seeing a '2' at the end is making me super hyped. Character design isn't great but if the game is just as good as the first then I'm all good.

As badly as I want to get into xenoblade games, they somehow manage to make the weakest parts of them even worse. Hard pass on this

Igama

Neo Member
I watched the stream on Nintendo Italia's channel and it said "english voices only", so i guess not sadly.

This also appeared on the Spanish stream... I would like the Japanese voices, but oh well. Not a fan of the main character English voice.

I like the rest though, especially that OST.

Wagram

It's definitely in need of a long treehouse demo because the compressed trailer/voice acting isn't doing it favors. It has worse voice acting than the other Xeno's and oddly the graphics look like a step down as well, but that could be the video.

I got through the trails of cold steel games so I can get through this lol. The last few JRPGs I played have all had better stories and gameplay than previous generations but the character art is just only appealing to a very shallow audience.

Mik317

Those sure are some tits.

Monolith Soft needs new character designers. Post-Xenogears they've just been historically awful.

they have used a different character designer for all 3 games I think lol. Most of the time it hasn't translated well in game...this is the closest

ohlawd

I know all about saitom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I believed in 2017. I keep believing!!
I don't mind the character designs, the main boy looks nice and Nintendo's preference towards cute boys with naked thighs does not bother me in the slightest.

The character designs are rough but I thought the same with XCX. These games are about the environments and exploration so I'm looking forward to seeing more of that.

I get the feeling they are rushing this game.

Sucks since i freakin loved Xenoblade Chronicles.

I hate to say but me too, these are big ass games and this releasing 2 and half years after X. I can't help but feel some corners were cut, I hope I'm wrong though because I loved the previous 2 games but I need to see more to put my doubts to rest.

Kudo

Looked really nice and I dig the character designs outside the main character.
Here's hoping dual audio is a thing for this game though.

peakish

Is this supposed to be some sort of "gotcha"? I hated her design and was vocal about it all the way up to release. I didn't even like XV. What point are you trying to make?
Seriously. It's fine if you like the designs but none of these are arguments against why someone doesn't like them:

- This character from a different series had a bad design (irrelevant)
- This character from Xenosaga had a similar design (irrelevant)
- You hate anime (irrelevant, presumptuous and silly because different anime look different)
- You must not play other JRPGs (presumptuous and irrelevant)
- You have not played any Xeno game (presumptuous and irrelevant)

sanstesy

In the cutscenes the characters look good and well animated but these tits. Jesus. They are straight out of a character creator slider. That's literally my only big problem with the look of this game.

Censorship to the rescue?

BasilZero

Man!!!!!!!

I wish they would make a HD remaster for the first game.

Need to play the first one again before I get this!

Dark_castle

There are many people who think the very design is not shitty and series have been made to cater to those audience..

But it didn't have to go down like this, that's my point. Are there really people out there who played the previous Xenoblade games and thought man these games are fun! But it needs more fanservice!

V-Faction

The thing is, looking at some of the other characters designs in this very trailer, Monolithsoft are completely capable of making very good character models. I'm not sure how these main ones got approval or at least didn't have some consideration.

Top Bottom