• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 confirmed for Holiday 2017

Castile

Neo Member
DCNz4tsVoAAAqhA.png:large

Homura artwork by Saitom.

Going for the cute sexy look, l like it but imo doesn't belong in Xenoblade or the very least not the initial design.

Given that this trailer was trying to emphasize the story points over the gameplay/explorations aspects of the game (after the backlash to XCX), I'm not really that surprised about the reaction.

The designs are fairly bad, but given that we haven't really seen the scope that Xenoblade games are known for, I'll wait to see what that looks like before I pass judgment. Ultimately, that's what the Xenoblade franchise is about to me more than plot (which was tested by XCX, admittedly).

brinstar

The trailer was all over the fucking place. I just want to see someone playing the game normally on treehouse if it's there.

Also the music samples posted earlier sound rad

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm normally not one complaining about stuff like this but this girl's boobs look absolutely ridiculous, like seriously what the hell were they thinking with this?

2017-06-1319_03_08-xegouwv.png

Nobody posting these days actually played previous Xeno titles, did they

Either XenoB1, or any of the Sagas

Is that a requirement? I missed the Nintendo conf and am catching up on the announcements in case anything was to change my mind about buying a Switch. So far this game isn't cutting it, between the costume designs and the generic shonen adventure story I can't call this the tipping point for me ordering $300 hardware.

night814

Game looks like it could be really disjointed. It's like they put Tales or Disgaea characters in Xenoblades world. They should really consider speeding up the battles a bit, they looked even slower than XB and XBX. at least let me turn off auto attacking.

luminous

God just let this have dual audio. Game looks great but the voice acting is not only looking unfitting but also just not good going from this.

Yui

I liked it tbh (the horrible VA aside of course).
But NoA is going to censor everything about the female characters in this.

CoolS

I'm no native speaker, but I really liked the voic acting in the trailer. Character design is always the same with Xenoblade games, I will get used to them. Especially if you can change the armour liek in the past games.

And hnnnnnnnng@ the music. So good.

Wichu

sample tracks from website
Elysium of the blue sky - Yasunori Mitsuda
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm01.mp3
Action Battle (temp) - ACE
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm02.mp3
Action Start (temp) - Kenji Hiramatsu
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm03.mp3
Elpis Soul Cave(?) (temp) - Minami Kiyota
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/assets/sound/bgm04.mp3

i'm unsure about 4th track translation tbh

edit: sleepy. saw 田 instantly reads mitsuda lol

Getting really strong Engage the Enemy vibes from the third one. Best Xenoblade song.

7Th

I don't see how the designs are any "worse" than Tharja or half of the Fates female cast. The again, it's not like people don't complain about Kozaki's FE designs all the time.

xealo

If there ever was a case with the visual design really not suiting the voice overs, it's probably this.

Oh well, still looking forward to it hugely if it turns out anywhere near as great as the Wii Xenoblade.

EDarkness

I wasn't a fan of the trailer, but damn, I NEED this game now. Not sure why Monolithsoft has such a hard time doing trailers, but I don't care now. Looking forward to this game.

Maybe the central characters being extremely well-endowed children will be explained in the story and everyone in this thread will be ashmed of their words and deeds. I assume we'll get to see the lead male characters huge package at some point.

LAA

Pleasantly surprised! Was expecting 2018.
Looking forward to it, but... didn't look as great as before this time I thought. Especially backgrounds/blur effects.

RPGCrazied

So, 6 or 7 characters? The little heropon thing is missing from the keyart, and the end shot in the trailer is missing the guy with the blue sword.

Top Bottom