• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 confirmed for Holiday 2017

Zautruche

Banned
Yeah it's sad. That's why I never participate much in these threads.

Xenoblade Chronicle is one my favorite games of all times. That doesn't mean I'm going to stick my head in the ground and pretend those females character designs aren't sexist.

You can deny reality, say it's not a problem, make yourself victims, say we only are here to hate on the franchise and all the usual bullshit you people always use to justify this kind of shit, but that won't change that those character design are sexists.

Battle armor with massive tits and a boob window clearly showing their size. What most women consider underwear as pants, male protagonist reaching right above her tits in awe. Give us a break...

Oof, I was super excited for this as a fan of the original Xenoblade, but now I feel like I may wait on this. This was gonna get me to buy a Switch, but I guess I need to keep my eye on it and be a little cautious.

Also, tits, tits everywhere! Designs are so bad.

Ledsen

To some big boobs is bad, all girls should have same boob size.

And to others, jerking off to 13-year olds with melon boobs is something best suited to shady hentai sites, not first party video game franchises. I mean, so much hentai out there, why must it be in here? You can't even play the game with one hand.

I'm normally not one complaining about stuff like this but this girl's boobs look absolutely ridiculous, like seriously what the hell were they thinking with this?

2017-06-1319_03_08-xegouwv.png

LOL

7roject28

Hopefully the Japanese voices are still there like in Zelda. Although there's a ton more voice acting which means more space taken up.

Dantis

This genuinely looks really bad. The characters and writing seem astonishingly low quality.

Nintendo needs a different team representing them for JRPGs.

Nobody posting these days actually played previous Xeno titles, did they

Either XenoB1, or any of the Sagas

I did. Which is why I'm still hoping they follow up Xenoblade Chronicles X story. I'm much more interesting in traditional space sci-fi.

Still this actually looks a bit better than I expected and should be a fun romp.

As a huge fan of the Xenoblade games, I can't say I'm really feeling the character designs and VA. I also really need to see more of the combat since it looks a bit different from the previous games (no arts menu, a chain attack gauge?, possibly turn based instead of real time?). I hope the game plays more like Xeno X since X has great combat and it would be a shame not to build off it.

I also really need to see more of the world and some of the new areas.

Main character voice acting is really bad imo lol

Music is sick though , and the world looks awesome

Not sure how I feel about them going from maybe 25% anime in the first game to basically 100% anime but I'll reserve judgement for now lol

I love huge boobs as much as most guys, but these designs are looking a little suspect. Xenoblade's translations of the art to 3D weren't perfect, but there was an effort. Then the character design went to hell in XCX, and now we're stuck there. What's so hard about characters Monolith? Jesus

Will hold out hope though, loved Xenoblade.

Rodin

In what way does an established precedence make this better?

Maybe stop acting like if it's something new to this game.

Well, looks like you've never played Xenoblade X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk

x2aku8i.png

Yeah i only spent 200 hours on it. Look at the other environments shown.

Eh? In Tales (people seem to be comparing Xenoblade to it in this thread) every character has big boobs that's an adult/teenage female. Are you going to tell me otherwise?

They probably missed Milla Maxwell or Velvet, just to mention two recent examples.

Do you own Final Fantasy XV?

Yes, I platinumed it although I don't consider it a very good game. I can't imagine how that's relevant, though.

Maybe stop acting like if it's something new to this game

I'm not pretending it's new, I'm saying regardless of being established or not it is bad and worthy of ridicule. How does it being an established practice in the series make it more okay than if it was new?

Izayoi

Banned
Character designs and models are a huge improvement over X. GAF overreacting to anime artstyles again, I'm SHOCKED.

The thing that concerns me about this is the voice acting... Pray for dual audio.

As a huge fan of the Xenoblade games, I can't say I'm really feeling the character designs and VA. I also really need to see more of the combat since it looks a bit different from the previous games (no arts menu, a chain attack gauge?, possibly turn based instead of real time?). I hope the game plays more like Xeno X since X has great combat and it would be a shame not to build off it.

I also really need to see more of the world and some of the new areas.

The e3 website says it is building off the combat in x and the original

Firemind

And to others, jerking off to 13-year olds with melon boobs is something best suited to shady hentai sites, not first party video game franchises. I mean, so much hentai out there, why must it be in here? You can't even play the game with one hand.
They're covered. What's your problem? It's not like in Fire Emblem where they literally shove cleavage in your face.

huge boobs = jerking off material?

What the fuck am I reading?

Maebe

I can't keep up with everything nintendo just did but I'm so getting this
edit
Also loving the ost samples on the site. Really glad ACE is back

I think the designs are fine. Not amazing, but not as horrible as people are making them out to be. I loved both Xenoblade games so I'm super hype

Harpoon

Hoo-ray for British voices! Really thought they weren't going to do it, so pleasantly surprised. Surprised at the complaints after all of the demands for it, but then, I seem to remember the same thing happening with the first game...

Not a big fan of several of the character designs, but the models themselves are definitely better than X. And at least customization is a thing.

Rncewind

Eh? In Tales (people seem to be comparing Xenoblade to it in this thread) every character has big boobs that's an adult/teenage female. Are you going to tell me otherwise?

1. Tales is not the standard for anime games, stop building strawmens pls

2. I am not a Tales Fan but i played Tales of abyss back then at ps2 and that doesnt even compare

latest

its ridicolus even attempt to make an comprasion with that what we were shown

Rodin

Character designs and models are a huge improvement over X. GAF overreacting to anime artstyles again, I'm SHOCKED.

The thing that concerns me about this is the voice acting... Pray for dual audio.
I watched the stream on Nintendo Italia's channel and it said "english voices only", so i guess not sadly.

So previous game had shitty design excuses the upcoming ones somehow?

Maybe other people don't find them shitty? And the new character models (in game) are MUCH better than before.

If you're concerned about her dress, maybe you should know that in Xenoblade you see the armor you equipped on your character, in X they even introduced an option to equip two different sets, one for stats and one for aesthetics. You can dress her like a nun if you want.

In this universe. It looks really rough. I really hope they can still improve at least the textures.

Look at the night scene in the trailer, you could see that lighting is better than in X for example. Either way the game should show up soon at Treehouse, so we'll see how it looks in game.

Mister Wolf

Yes, I platinumed it although I don't consider it a very good game. I can't imagine how that's relevant, though.

I'm not pretending it's new, I'm saying regardless of being established or not it is bad and worthy of ridicule. How does it being an established practice in the series make it more okay than if it was new?

latest

Mik317

not a fan of the designs either...if only because now every thread will be full of complaining about said designs. The boob Sock design is silly for sure but I am willing to see how the actual game plays out more than anything. I loved XCX for its sense of adventure but wished it had more story/character (I got stuck in XC1 but enjoyed what I played of it) so that game plus more story is exactly what I want...jank designs be damned.

If the gameplay is as good as Xenoblade Chronicles then I'll be able to look past the terrible character design. But seriously...

DCNz4tsVoAAAqhA.png:large

Homura artwork by Saitom.

I'm normally not one complaining about stuff like this but this girl's boobs look absolutely ridiculous, like seriously what the hell were they thinking with this?

2017-06-1319_03_08-xegouwv.png

Story ruined. I can't take this seriously.

2017-06-1319_09_23-xeyqubj.png

2017-06-1319_14_08-xeaesti.png

...so much fucking cringe. I don't hate anime, but this pervasive trope of drawing girls who look like they're ~14 years old and then putting huge tits and ridiculously sexualized outfits on them is gross as fuck and needs to be stopped.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I get the feeling they are rushing this game.

Sucks since i freakin loved Xenoblade Chronicles.

They are 13-year olds? Did I miss anything or is it just an assumption that since this is japanese they must be underage?

kewlmyc

huge boobs = jerking off material?

What the fuck am I reading?

Not really a classy way of describing it, I agree. I guess they're referring to the outfit as well as the big tits. Brightly colored, big tittied, with short shorts and g-string looking outfit. Plus the main character designer originated from hentai.

Don't get the whole 13 year old looking thing though. I guess it's the face, because she taller than the MC. Looks in her early 20s.

Top Bottom