• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Releases December 1st 2017

Fbh

So you can only control the drive characters and the other ones just stand behind you except for specials? That kind of sucks.

If it's like that I kinda like it.

My main issue with the original (aside from crap Sidequests) is that all characters felt like they were designed to be used by a player but the game only gives you direct control over one character.
So the end result was that most characters felt basically useless unless you took direct control over them because their playstyle was too complex for the AI.

So reducing the number of playable characters and instead introducing characters designed to have a support role seems way better.

The only thing I dont like about the main protagonist is his clothes he is wearing in the main videos, i'm pretty sure we can change clothes tho.

Is this confirmed?
I know it was like this in the 2 previous games but do we have confirmation for this one?.
If I can pull a MGSV and unlock some actual clothes/armour for the girl so it's no longer embarrassing to play this in public I might still be interested.

I wonder if like BotW we may get multiple language options in the future?

The thing with Zelda is that the other languages were allways there and Nintendo just didn't give you the option to have the voices be in another language than the text/menus.
So the question would be if the Japanese voices have enough space on the cartridge

-NeoTB1-

Why in the world would you select Amazon? They will ship it in a bubble mailer and the box will get crushed, guaranteed. Amazon shipped me 3 copies (2 were replacements) of Fire Emblem limited edition, all shipped in bubble mailer and all crushed, even though they assured me the two replacements would be shipped in a box... The size of Xenoblade 2 LE is a perfect fit for a bubble mailer and the box looks like thin cardboard so readily crushable..

Man, I keep reading posts like this over the years. Not once in the 8+ years I've been using Amazon pretty much exclusively for games have I received a damaged game box. I've bought A TON of collector editions, too. I feel bad for those of you with different experiences.

That said, I'm seriously giving consideration to switching to GCU. Prime still has appeal, but not so much in the video game department.

DJIzana

Anyone else still think that we haven't see all of the titans yet?

If you look at that concept art where it shows Rex diving underwater... have to wonder if there's a water titan still where you can swim. Anyone play it at E3 and could you dive?

I mean, there was that snow titan in the previous trailer as well, no?

Raven117

I use it the same way i use en, eu, ger, fr, it, etc. I didn't know it was offensive at all in english but good to know. Thanks.

Yeah, the phrase was used around WWII when the U.S. was fighting Japan. Its not all that common nowadays, but at least that is the history of the abbreviation.

Maiar_m

Anyone else still think that we haven't see all of the titans yet?

If you look at that concept art where it shows Rex diving underwater... have to wonder if there's a water titan still where you can swim. Anyone play it at E3 and could you dive?

I mean, there was that snow titan in the previous trailer as well, no?

The snow Titan could have been any Titan that has a cold part though, IIRC. Regardless, there's a good chance we haven't seen all Titans as Azurda's existence suggests there are many size of Titans, and not all of them will be "countries". Some shown in the latest trailer are barely cities / ships. The Nopon trading guild probably handles several of them.

See that's a funny way to say Field of the Machinae

Same taste as me, this is easily my favorite field music of Xenoblade

Love it so much <3

On the topic of Xenoblade 2, I'm anxiously waiting for an official statement on the voices. If the occidental version is only English, I'm buying the Japanese version.
And who knows, maybe the Japanese version will have subtitles choice.

In any case, I'm hyped as hell.

Ok... I'm now sold on Xenoblade 2 despite finding Pyra's character design disgusting. I wish that all the support characters just looked like the cool robot folk they showed in the Direct trailer!

Anyway, I'm pumped for December 1st now. Glad we've finally proved the delay theories wrong.

O4PrUbR.gif

BBfdEoR.gif

Ridley327

So there are no news about that since June. Thanks.

If I had to guess, it's likely going to be one VA track (English in the west, Japanese in Japan) due to card size constraints, as I can't imagine that Nintendo is going to want to break out the 32GB card if they can avoid it. I think everyone would be satisfied if they wound up if they offered the respective tracks as a download in the areas not getting them, but Nintendo has no history of doing that.

Ridley327

How is Best Buy with shipping special editions? I know some people mentioned that Amazon has had issues with packaging them well.

In my experience, they use boxes with a fair amount of bubble packs to fill in the gaps. I can't think of a single complaint as far as how I've gotten my LEs from them when I couldn't pick them up at a store.

RootCause

Has Amazon US put this up for preorder yet?
Not yet.

How is Best Buy with shipping special editions? I know some people mentioned that Amazon has had issues with packaging them well.

Amazon is hit or miss with their packaging. Sometimes I get standard games in boxes, but then I get a LE on a bubble mailer.

I'll switch mine to Amazon even though there's a risk.
Hopefully it gets the discount like FE:Warriors SE did.

Nekster

On the topic of Xenoblade 2, I'm anxiously waiting for an official statement on the voices. If the occidental version is only English, I'm buying the Japanese version.
And who knows, maybe the Japanese version will have subtitles choice.

In any case, I'm hyped as hell.
Same situation. Praying for the jp or asia version to include english subtitles.

Magusx

The worlds are exceptional. Shame the character design is mediocre compared to other xeno games.
Edit: main character looks so weird.Way too childish for me.

In my experience, they use boxes with a fair amount of bubble packs to fill in the gaps. I can't think of a single complaint as far as how I've gotten my LEs from them when I couldn't pick them up at a store.

Amazon is hit or miss with their packaging. Sometimes I get standard games in boxes, but then I get a LE on a bubble mailer.

Might just stick with my Best Buy order then if the SE isn't eligible for Prime. Amazon usually sends my game cases in bubble mailers which is fine, but they've also sent me books in bubble mailers.

I'm not sure if this SE is too large for a bubble mailer, so I would be a bit concerned about it being shipped poorly.

EDIT: Granted that hardcover artbook looks too big for a bubble mailer.

Ridley327

So, let me see if I understand the differences between the LEs for all three regions correctly (bolded are items exclusive to that region):

NA/AUS: features the cast shot artwork on the outer box, SteelBook case featuring the cast shot artwork, 220-page hardbound art book

JPN: features the cast shot artwork on the outer box, SteelBook case featuring the cast shot artwork, 200-page softbound art book, the standard version of the game with its normal case

EU: special outer box art work featuring Rex's sword, SteelBook case featuring the cast shot artwork, 200-page softbound art book, the standard version of the game with its normal case

Does that sound right?

jrcbandit

Might just stick with my Best Buy order then if the SE isn't eligible for Prime. Amazon usually sends my game cases in bubble mailers which is fine, but they've also sent me books in bubble mailers.

I'm not sure if this SE is too large for a bubble mailer, so I would be a bit concerned about it being shipped poorly.

EDIT: Granted that hardcover artbook looks too big for a bubble mailer.
Trust me, it's not. Fire emblem Shadow of Valencia limited edition is the size of a large but thin college text book and it was still shipped in bubble mailer x 3 for me (each replacement sent in bubble mailer too)...

So, let me see if I understand the differences between the LEs for all three regions correctly (bolded are items exclusive to that region):

NA/AUS: features the cast shot artwork on the outer box, SteelBook case featuring the cast shot artwork, 220-page hardbound art book

JPN: features the cast shot artwork on the outer box, SteelBook case featuring the cast shot artwork, 200-page softbound art book

EU: special outer box art work featuring Rex's sword, SteelBook case featuring the cast shot artwork, 200-page softbound art book, the standard version of the game with its normal case

Does that sound right?
JP Collector's Edition seems to include both the steelbook and the standard case.

61f3148HfKL._SL1000_.jpg

Trust me, it's not. Fire emblem Shadow of Valencia limited edition is the size of a large but thin college text book and it was still shipped in bubble mailer x 3 for me (each replacement sent in bubble mailer too)...
Welp.

Ridley327

JP Collector's Edition seems to include both the steelbook and the standard case.

61f3148HfKL._SL1000_.jpg

OK, thanks.

For all intents and purposes, the JPN and EU CE is effectively identical, with the outer box being the only key difference. Well, as far as the CE contents are concerned, as it's still unknown if the game is a universal SKU or got the Splatoon 2 treatment.

LordKano

JPN: features the cast shot artwork on the outer box, SteelBook case featuring the cast shot artwork, 200-page softbound art book

Does that sound right?

Yeah, for once EU got the better one IMO.

Ridley327

Yeah, for once EU got the better one IMO.

Really? I would think a hardbound art book with 20 more pages is more appealing than the outer box differences, but I am one of those weirdos that actually opens their LEs up to play around with the contents.

LordKano

Really? I would think a hardbound art book with 20 more pages is more appealing than the outer box differences, but I am one of those weirdos that actually opens their LEs up to play around with the contents.

I open mines too but I'd rather trade 10% of the artbook against having both cases of the game and a different outer box than just the same art as the steelbook's one.

I use it the same way i use en, eu, ger, fr, it, etc. I didn't know it was offensive at all in english but good to know. Thanks.

Anyway, no JP dub then? EN subs in the Asia/JP release maybe?

I played xeno 1 and xeno x with japanese dub and i would like to play this one the same way. Loved the original dub work.
That is an offensive slur though I think a lot of people use it accidentally
I use JPN.

JPN: features the cast shot artwork on the outer box, SteelBook case featuring the cast shot artwork, 200-page softbound art book, the standard version of the game with its normal case

Does that sound right?

I don't think it's confirmed one way or the other regarding the NA version and the normal case; it's not explicitly stated anywhere, but the language "also includes" has me hoping.

You're correct on all counts otherwise though. In terms of minor differences, it's worth noting that all three regions have different art for the CD, and the coloring on the NA SteelBook seems brighter (though that could just be a rendering thing).

I love the original Xenoblade game and was intent on buying this, but the footage in the Direct looked some damn complex and complicated that I'm having second thoughts :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I played nearly 100 hours on the original game. Loved it.

I played like one or two hours of the Wii U game before never touching it again. I'm not sure what stopped me though. Maybe the introduction just didn't grab me at all. Or the fact that the main character was silent, or the ridiculously small text on my TV, I dunno.

I'm hoping this game is more like the original.

Xbro

I played nearly 100 hours on the original game. Loved it.

I played like one or two hours of the Wii U game before never touching it again. I'm not sure what stopped me though. Maybe the introduction just didn't grab me at all. Or the fact that the main character was silent, I dunno.

I'm hoping this game is more like the original.

I actually had a thing with X where I wasn't really interested for the first few hours but it eventually clicked.

Top Bottom