• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

Oh god. I tend to want to finish every quest. Xenoblade had some 470. Even double that would be nearly 1000. I'd never finish the game.

I suspect there will be about 500. Just a guess. Depends on if there is more than one city I guess.

I really hope we get large city areas like the High Entias but this game may focus on NLA to make that place special as the only safe place for humans

I apologize in advance if this isn't right place for this...

I had no interest in getting a Wii U until I discovered this thread and wow does Xenoblade Chronicles X it look amazing!

What's the consensus? Import a Wii U or just wait until it gets released in the US?

it is coming to the US so I would wait unless you understand Japanese

TheMoon

I apologize in advance if this isn't right place for this...

I had no interest in getting a Wii U until I discovered this thread and wow does Xenoblade Chronicles X it look amazing!

What's the consensus? Import a Wii U or just wait until it gets released in the US?

There's no reason to import unless you're ultra hardcore and want to play every little thing. Which Xenoblade X is not one of. It'll come over to the West a few months after Japan gets it.

ivysaur12

Banned
I am confident Xenblade X will sell over 1 million worldwide. You do realize that the original Xenoblade was pirated 1 million times? This doesn't mean 1 million people will now buy the next game because it's going to be available, but what it does mean is that a heck of a lot of people at least tried the first game and now could be interested in the sequel.

The Wii did have a higher user base, but not really the same kind of audience. Most people that were even still bothering with the Wii at that late stage were not interested in massive RPGS. The Wii was by and large a casual machine. I would argue that the potential audience for this second game is just as high as the first. The people that own a Wii U don't own one for casual games, they own it to play Nintendo games.

More people now realize that Monolith Soft is Nintendo thanks to the attention the last game got, I think this will also help with sales as more people will be willing to buy a game from Nintendo, especially when not many games come out for the Wii U, maybe one or two must haves a month if that.

Eh, this is all a lot of wishful thinking. No first party WiiU games have outsold their Wii predecessors (to the best of my knowledge), and I don't see that changing for Xenoblade.

And you're overestimating the number of people in the camp of your last paragraph by a country mile.

chadboban

Guys, you get a quest involving underwear fashion from a woman named Victoria.

xbxunderwearmodelconfp0xhz.png

How subtle Monolithsoft.

After the first game, quality of the sidequests was hopefully the focus as opposed to quantity.

That and effing inventory management...

Amir0x

Banned
They keep making this game sound considerably larger than Xenoblade, which would only make this game like 983 hours long or so. Not too bad. I mean they should probably sell it for $40 to be safe, value might be stretching it.

Top Bottom